Traded Adam Saad [traded to Carlton with #48 and #78 for #8 and #87]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Carlton

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No we increased our offer to a similar amount. If it was just money, he would have stayed.
It's clearly the direction of the club.

Because the coaches wanted him to play more of a lock down role so he cracked the sads? meh good luck to him only want players at the club who are behind what the coach wants. for too long our club has had players run the asylum

Important to take into account what the bombers offered him. They didn’t value him at the same amount, so can’t be asking for such a high pick if they weren’t willing to match the offer.
Cake and eating it and all that stuff.

We offered him 5 years at 600ish.... Carlton probably have a bit more cash and also aren’t as shit as us. So they was likely his better offer.

Arent carlton offering a longer deal/extra bonuses? Doubt it's the direction of the club. Carlton are no closer to a flag than Essendon.
Nope we both offered 5. We initially offered a shorter deal, but we matched Carlton's deal to try and keep him. Carlton may have offered a little more money, but still insignificant enough. Still chose Carlton.

It pains me to say, but Carlton do seem to be closer to contending than we are.

Nope we both offered 5. We initially offered a shorter deal, but we matched Carlton's deal to try and keep him. Still chose Carlton.

It pains me to say, but Carlton do seem to be closer to contending then we are.

How? What do carlton have than essendon don't?

3 million over 5 years is only 600k a season and that is even if that report is true as the media sensationalise most contracts when talking $$$ and always add and quote the Over while speculating.

600k a season when he sees the last of it in 2025 is hardly going to be big money AFL wage wise when we get there.

Not our fault he wants to leave.

Didn’t say it was your fault? Or Adams? I can’t begrudge a bloke for leaving for more cash? I’d do it too.

All I’m saying is your clearly rate him as an elite player.

To offer him that contract then downplay his worth is laughable.

We can’t afford to pay everyone overs mate. It’s called a Salary cap.

We have a sh*t load of players coming out of contract that need to be considered.

Who exactly?
Daniher?---The bloke has been toiling with you for 2 years now....and you're still wasting your time and resources.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want him its pick 7, might be some second round swaps. Think we will play hardball here. Carlton will trade 7 IMO.
If we trade #7 for him we do and i cannot speculate but IMO it is slightly to high.

Put it in the context of......

IF Saad was in the national draft and on the board with all the kids etc available at #7 i still think we take him anyway!

It is what it is and lots of water to flow under the bridge regarding deals etc.

Williams is on 1.75 for 9 years and we aren’t trading squat.

Just be thankful that you’ll get a pick in the teens.

Lol

You need to check your numbers and
Also get a basic understanding of the trading system.

If you think he’s worth anything less than a mid first you are delusional.

We bought him in for an early second iirc and he is a far better player now than he was then.

Didn’t say it was your fault? Or Adams? I can’t begrudge a bloke for leaving for more cash? I’d do it too.

All I’m saying is your clearly rate him as an elite player.

To offer him that contract then downplay his worth is laughable.
You need to get it through your head 600k a season for 5 years is not a huge contract. In 2025 he will be playing on serious unders and we are not in 1998 still.

Carlton are getting serious, Williams and now Saad and who knows who else?

Dodo got his work cut out this trade period with players OOC.

Saad late first/early second. Reckon Carlton trade their first to get a pair of suitable picks, one goes to Essendon, the other for the ND or another trade. Going to be a flurry of pick trades or all types this year

We offered him 5 years at 600ish.... Carlton probably have a bit more cash and also aren’t as sh*t as us. So they was likely his better offer.
I think the damage was done with the initial offer and the lack of coming to the party for months there after until it was to late.
I think something similar to the Yarran trade will eventuate.
Bombers will demand a first pick, Carlton won’t want to pay it. Then they’ll find a late first round pick and the trade will be done. Both teams will celebrate the Success of the trade.

If we trade #7 for him we do and i cannot speculate but IMO it is slightly to high.

Put it in the context of......

IF Saad was in the national draft and on the board with all the kids etc available at #7 i still think we take him anyway!

It is what it is and lots of water to flow under the bridge regarding deals etc.

Pick 7 will fall several spots, it will be a weird draft. You are better off trading pick 7 now and keeping next years IMO, even if you improve sharply.

We bought him in for an early second iirc and he is a far better player now than he was then.

He is worth a top 5 draft pick. Any decent player is..he's close to the one of the if not the best in his role. Carlton supporters just being carlton supporters. Delusional.

Mid first is on the money IMO.

#7 a tad high but i wont be sooking if we part with it especially in this seasons draft.

Back