Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Carlton

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You finished two spots above us.

And? We’ve 5 years accumulating draft picks, while Essendon have prioritised getting mature players into the squad (Stringer, Shiel, Saad, Smith) and have already started to regress.

If you’re an out of contract player you’ve got to project how your current club is going to perform in the mid-long term and it seems Saad has found Essendon wanting.

I think the damage was done with the initial offer and the lack of coming to the party for months there after until it was to late.
I think something similar to the Yarran trade will eventuate.
Bombers will demand a first pick, Carlton won’t want to pay it. Then they’ll find a late first round pick and the trade will be done. Both teams will celebrate the Success of the trade.

I think it will be pick 7 and then
Something back to Carlton.

Pick 7 will fall several spots, it will be a weird draft. You are better off trading pick 7 now and keeping next years IMO, even if you improve sharply.
Fair call mate.

I’m not as upset as many about losing him. We are going nowhere and we shouldn’t be offering him anywhere near what he wants. Take a pick in the late teens, early 20’s, bank the money and do a proper rebuild. I’d be cutting a whole lot more from this list too if I was in charge of list management. Load up on picks and start fresh

Only playing to the narrative.

I Very much doubt your paying
Williams 16Million over 9
Years....

Also saad is not a FA.....like
Williams.

So again maybe check your info.....

pick 35 from memory - and he's three years closer to retirement now!
In his prime right now.

All I can find on google is that it was our 2018 second, which would’ve been in the mid-late 20s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And? We’ve 5 years accumulating draft picks, while Essendon have prioritised getting mature players into the squad (Stringer, Shiel, Saad, Smith) and have already started to regress.

If you’re an out of contract player you’ve got to project how your current club is going to perform in the mid-long term and it seems Saad has found Essendon wanting.

Then handing over pick 7 shouldn't be an issue if Blues have been to the draft enough

You need to get it through your head 600k a season for 5 years is not a huge contract. In 2025 he will be playing on serious unders and we are not in 1998 still.

It’s almost double the player average....

You also haven’t accounted for any COVID impact on salary caps

3mil over 5 years is a very very good
Contract.

Thanks for that.

Wrong side of bed this morning? I’m sure the first A grader lost is the toughest. It’ll get easier from here.

What the hell are you even talking about?

Back