Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Remove this Banner Ad

It could get interesting this one. Suns have two very strong academy prospects expected to get early bids I think. We could therefore target their pick 5.

We may have good picks coming in for other players that could be packaged along with Broad for that pick 5 which the Suns are likely to be looking to offload.

GC don’t have to match bids on their academy players they can just list them ie. the players don’t even go through the draft.

Hehe how wrong were you
Five years ago many of us were wrong on a lot of things.
You'll be a busy beaver if you want to drag up old posts of posters getting things wrong.

No way pick 30 to 35 has to be atleast a pick 25 dual premiership player or a very good young established player not fringe.
Dual premiership player doesn't mean much for trade value. Clubs aren't going to pay more because of that. If you look at historic trades and player values, a 28 year old (next year) solid, reliable flanker/back pocket isn't going to net pick 25.

It could get interesting this one. Suns have two very strong academy prospects expected to get early bids I think. We could therefore target their pick 5.

We may have good picks coming in for other players that could be packaged along with Broad for that pick 5 which the Suns are likely to be looking to offload.
GC Suns dont haver to match bidding for their academy kids they just list them now with the concessions they recieved last year
I think it will be their pick #36 or if we are good trading and ask for their pick #24 with a 4th rounder going back either this year or next

36 and 53 sounds alright

Broad is a legend but do you want to spens largish coin on a guy that's not best 22?

Probably cause he is less good at football the the current defenders?

We have zero tall cover aside from Broad.

Garth and Miller are not up to it. Biggie is miles off it and the rest are smalls...... who covers Grimes and Dave when they get injured or Tigga when he gest rubbed out.

Dual Premiership Player and hard at it reliable Richmond man cant believe peeps willingly prepared to throw blokes like him in the bin, especially when there is a distinct lack of defensive depth on our list.

Broad is 2-3 players in one perfect player for the list with his versatility.

Last edited:
We have zero tall cover aside from Broad.

Garth and Miller are not up to it. Biggie is miles off it and the rest are smalls...... who covers Grimes and Dave when they get injured or Tigga when he gest rubbed out.

Dual Premiership Player and hard at it reliable Richmond man cant believe peeps willingly prepared to throw blokes like him in the bin, especially when there is a distinct lack of defensive depth on our list.

Broad is 2-3 players in one perfect player for the list with his versatility.

It comes down to if you want to pay relatively big coin for. Guy outside the 22.

Ideally we would keep broad but also Butler. Arugably (lol) Ellis. Types.

The expectation is Miller. Garthy. Etc. Will improve. Otherwise why hold onto them?

Five years ago many of us were wrong on a lot of things.
You'll be a busy beaver if you want to drag up old posts of posters getting things wrong.
Oh no I wasn’t being mean or anything. I just like looking back on how we thought of players back then and didn’t have belief in our system.

Oh no I wasn’t being mean or anything. I just like looking back on how we thought of players back then and didn’t have belief in our system.
You should scroll back and see the thread where I said Jayden post was going to be the next Wayne carey

I will be impressed if we get anything more than pick 36. How often does someone who is not in best 22 and who will be 28 next year go for a good price?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question, but I just think Chol was too much of a liability.
With Ryder out, maybe Nank can shoulder most of the ruck duties?
Saints only have Marshall as a ruck and he'll have to have a rest now and again. Don't really know who will be their 2nd ruck will be, maybe King in the forward 50. I'd be happy to see Nank sitting a kick behind play to at least halve those kicks coming out of our forward line as well as dropping back to help out in defence, Jack or Lynch to chop out forward and Balta/Broad/Astbury in defence depending on match ups.

Bit of an interesting pick this week, with Astbury, Balta, Grimes and Vlastuin I'm not sure we need another tallish defender and article says he has been playing some different roles. Would be a big call to bring him in on a new role for the first time in a final.

Broady is one of those blokes that you can give 'A Job" to.

Keep it simple and say "Mate we just want you to do this for us", and you know he'll do it and try his best, and will take one for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back