Club Focus Collingwood 2020 - Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter, McMahon, McCreery

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Collingwood club focus thread

One can only conclude that they have horribly mismanaged their cap/TPP and were going to be over in 2021.

Disastrous list management, no way around it. Beams deal has to be one of the worst in history. What's perhaps worse than that is their treatment of Treloar and then Stephenson. It's a pretty epic bed s**t and may have ramifications further reaching than just their results next season ie. culture and attracting players moving forward.

This will go down as one of the all time self implosions by a club. Ned Guy's interview and explanation was laughable, an absolute train wreck

I'm starting to genuinely feel bad for Pies supporters.

It will be interesting to see what impact this has on the team going forward.

Felt a bit bad for Ned Guy lol. He's seems totally out of his depth.

Shambles.
Not sure Ned guy is the culprit here, think there has been terrible mismanagement with contracts etc. and Ned guy is the unfortunate fall guy it seems

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've changed my opinion in the space of one day. Am I the only one who thinks we have done well? I personally see no change in our best 22, we lose Treloar who is injury prone and seems to be on the decline and on a bad contract. Phillips was questionable best 22 (I personally rated him very high, other Pies fans didn't) and Stephenson (this one I'm slightly annoyed about) who wasn't good at all this year and looked a shell of his former self. Obviously, I would've hoped for better value from all of them but we needed cap space and did what we had to do. I genuinely see 0 change to our performance next year, if anything we may do better. My only issue is if this affects team morale but a few early wins should fix that up anyway.

Best 22 next year
B: Howe/Roughead/Maynard
HB: Crisp/Moore/Quaynor
R: Grundy/De Goey/Pendles
C: Daicos/Adams/Sidebottom
HF: C.Brown/Cameron/Mihocek
F: Ruscoe/Cox/Elliott
int: Noble/Sier/T.Brown/Kelly
E: Magden/Mayne/WHE/Thomas

I genuinely believe we will finish higher than 8th next season. Happy with what the club has done.

Edit: I think the issue was past management, I think we have done well to fix our past issues in this period but with better management, we wouldn't have been in this position but I genuinely think we did well with the situation we were in.

Edit 2: I really hope all the players we traded out do well. Keen to see how they develop.

Last edited:
One can only conclude that they have horribly mismanaged their cap/TPP and were going to be over in 2021.

Disastrous list management, no way around it. Beams deal has to be one of the worst in history. What's perhaps worse than that is their treatment of Treloar and then Stephenson. It's a pretty epic bed sh*t and may have ramifications further reaching than just their results next season ie. culture and attracting players moving forward.

If it was just one year you would surely move contracts around.

They had to have 2 or 3 bad years coming.

I've changed my opinion in the space of one day. Am I the only one who thinks we have done well? I personally see no change in our best 22, we lose Treloar who is injury prone and seems to be on the decline and on a bad contract. Phillips was questionable best 22 (I personally rated him very high, other Pies fans didn't) and Stephenson (this one I'm slightly annoyed about) who wasn't good at all this year and looked a shell of his former self. Obviously, I would've hoped for better value from all of them but we needed cap space and did what we had to do. I genuinely see 0 change to our performance next year, if anything we may do better. My only issue is if this affects team morale but a few early wins should fix that up anyway.

Best 22 next year

I genuinely believe we will finish higher than 8th next season. Happy with what the club has done.
Respect you're opinion, but I think you're deluded. Morale and trust in the club is at an all time low. Why would a player play for the privlige of wearing the jumper when Ned Guy or whoever stuffed up the sums will start offering you up for a trade, and to the club will leak unfounded tripe about you to the media? Nobody form the club even bothered to call Jaidyn Stephenson or tell him they were trying to move him on. That's absolutely abhorrent behaviour. And it's not all Ned Guy's fault, but he certainly didn't help things. The place is absolutely rotten.

Best 22 next year

Edit: I think the issue was past management, I think we have done well to fix our past issues in this period but with better management, we wouldn't have been in this position but I genuinely think we did well with the situation we were in.

Edit 2: I really hope all the players we traded out do well. Keen to see how they develop.
Delusional, but if it makes you feel better; fill ya boots.

"Crazy Ned"

Delusional, but if it makes you feel better; fill ya boots.
Call me delusional but Phillips wasn't best 22. Stephenson had a bad year and Treloar is declining. THink what you want. My opinion is that we have done well to pull ourselves out of this hole we admittedly put ourselves in.

Respect you're opinion, but I think you're deluded. Morale and trust in the club is at an all time low. Why would a player play for the privlige of wearing the jumper when Ned Guy or whoever stuffed up the sums will start offering you up for a trade, and to the club will leak unfounded tripe about you to the media? Nobody form the club even bothered to call Jaidyn Stephenson or tell him they were trying to move him on. That's absolutely abhorrent behaviour. And it's not all Ned Guy's fault, but he certainly didn't help things. The place is absolutely rotten.
I think we went about it poorly but I think our best 22 is actually stronger than the one that played finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back