Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 4 vs. GWS, MCG Sat 10/04 @ 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What every coach in the afl would do
OUTS : WHE Thomas C Brown and madgen you can throw a 32 year old mayne in there to if you'd like

What our waste of a 10 year coach will do

OUTS : Sier ( doesnt fit our clean cut private school look ) INS: what ever old kiss ass has been we got left

I cant believe this guy has been our coach for 10 years, all his supporters will say well we got within a kick of premiership, lets not forget that year he was under the pump and was instructed to take a back seat and let the assistant coaches do their job EG; Justin longmuir, who is ten times the coach bucks will ever be.

I cant believe the rubble we have become look at the list that was given to him the youngest premiership team, to what we are today, an old team of soft private school suck ups ain't got a ounce of heart in him and we wonder why we lose the close ones time after time

Mate you're way out of line. Show some respect for the man who has failed to deliver a flag over the past 9 years. Respect!

*Sigh* This website never really changes doesn't it. I don't understand why you people continue to think that 0 gamers will have more of an impact than guys like Thomas, Mayne and the Browns'. Of course these players are mediocre, but there is virtually nothing to replace them with. We have horrifically bad depth, 18 players who have played under 10 games.

Did you not see how Henry and Ruscoe went in round 1? Actually you probably didn't see them because they got a combined 3 touches. The only player who could come in and be better is Greenwood but you all hate him too because he's not a shiny new rookie like McCreery, who you have probably never seen play before.

*Sigh* This website never really changes doesn't it. I don't understand why you people continue to think that 0 gamers will have more of an impact than guys like Thomas, Mayne and the Browns'. Of course these players are mediocre, but there is virtually nothing to replace them with. We have horrifically bad depth, 18 players who have played under 10 games.

Did you not see how Henry and Ruscoe went in round 1? Actually you probably didn't see them because they got a combined 3 touches. The only player who could come in and be better is Greenwood but you all hate him too because he's not a shiny new rookie like McCreery, who you have probably never seen play before.
And playing Thomas, whe, c brown and co, finishing 12th achieves what exactly?

I would like to see more of Macrae, Henry, Ruscoe, Cameron and Kelly for starters. I know all of them can't play in the side together but we have to pump some games into them.
I think all of us would like to see more of the younger players. Kelly got his chance and got injured, I have no doubt he will be back.
I would also like to see Cameron play.

I know all of them can't play in the side together but we have to pump some games into them.
They will get their chance once they have played sufficient games in the VFL. I wouldn't like to see another Josh Fraser situation.

Henry and Ruscoe were s**t but they’re not kids I’d bring in. Have no idea why they were backed over Macrae and McCreary.

Lmao, you realise not every 18 year old comes in and does terribly?

Watch the Swans ffs, their 1st year kids are brilliant.

Didn't see Port's 1st year kids dominant either I'm guessing? Gold Coast's? no?

Henry and Ruscoe were sh*t but they’re not kids I’d bring in. Have no idea why they were backed over Macrae and McCreary.

Macrae missing a few weeks at the pointy end of the preseason due to the death of his father would be an obvious reason

Henry kicked a few goals in the first practice match so the club backed him in off the back of that. With only two actual practice matches in this preseason theres not a lot of time for selectors to make a call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most people are pushing youth because they feel we won’t contend in the foreseeable future as we stand. I’m inclined to agree.

C'mon Jon...you're better than that. "Zero patience?" I've been a Pies man for 70 odd years...I've got all the patience in the world but I'm not someone who "flogs a dead horse".
When a kid like Oliver Henry gets replaced by Chris Mayne after one game because he was quiet??? It's not getting us anywhere.
If we want another wasted year... keep playing the "depth players" instead of the kids.
I've never minded us losing games as long as we're having a dip. Playing with so many blokes out of position, inside mids playing as defensive forwards, our best winger locked in the forward pocket and the slowest and least competitive midfield I think I've ever seen in a Collingwood side, just doesn't fill me with "patience"...
Rob mate some of these 'people' have been serial snipers at player, club and bootstudder since before our last flag. They skirt around the bleeding edges of trolling because they are cunning not clever.

The very best of them have no patience, the remainder are unspeakable.

The kids must have leadership and hard bodies around them at the beginning of their careers and the club can't provide that with the numbers of new players many here are braying for.

By all means bring them on as fast as they get some idea of what is required on the big stage but remember all but one of them haven't played a full competitive match in 18 MONTHS.

One or two at a time as their bodies harden up and their minds harden to the task they have learned.

But ffs not 4 of 5 at a time

First year players for all teams:

Adelaide: Berry, Rowe

Brisbane: H.Sharp

Collingwood: Henry

Carlton: L.Parks

Essendon: Cox, Perkins

Geelong: Holmes

GWS: Bruhn

Hawthorn: Brockman

North: W.Phillips, Lazzaro,T.Powell

Saints: Highmore

Swans: Campbell, McDonald, Gulden

WBD: A.Scott

This doesn’t even include players who have played either their 1st or 2nd game this year after being drafted last year.
Eg. H.Jones, C.Warner,H.Chapman, D.Robertson, L.Henry.

Surely we could play a few more youngsters.

Jake Niall nailed it.
How does this coach not trust the kids and persist with WHE, JT, Madgen and Mayne?

We gain nothing short term and nothing longer term.

I called Nathan out on failing to trust kids...and I have yet to see him change

Why he chose to recall a 32yr old Mayne...to replace Jamie Elliott was laughable

First year players for all teams:

Adelaide: Berry, Rowe

Brisbane: H.Sharp

Collingwood: Henry

Carlton: L.Parks

Essendon: Cox, Perkins

Geelong: Holmes

GWS: Bruhn

Hawthorn: Brockman

North: W.Phillips, Lazzaro,T.Powell

Saints: Highmore

Swans: Campbell, McDonald, Gulden

WBD: A.Scott

This doesn’t even include players who have played either their 1st or 2nd game this year after being drafted last year.
Eg. H.Jones, C.Warner,H.Chapman, D.Robertson, L.Henry.

Surely we could play a few more youngsters.
No point playing kids when we can play mediocre players and finish mid table. The club publicly stated it wanted to hit the draft, and yet we still play the same players who every single week offer nothing. Insanity

Jake Niall nailed it.
How does this coach not trust the kids and persist with WHE, JT, Madgen and Mayne?

We gain nothing short term and nothing longer term.

I called Nathan out on failing to trust kids...and I have yet to see him change

Why he chose to recall a 32yr old Mayne...to replace Jamie Elliott was laughable
Echoes the thoughts of many here in. Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back