Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 4 vs. GWS, MCG Sat 10/04 @ 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First year players for all teams:

Adelaide: Berry, Rowe

Brisbane: H.Sharp

Collingwood: Henry

Carlton: L.Parks

Essendon: Cox, Perkins

Geelong: Holmes

GWS: Bruhn

Hawthorn: Brockman

North: W.Phillips, Lazzaro,T.Powell

Saints: Highmore

Swans: Campbell, McDonald, Gulden

WBD: A.Scott

This doesn’t even include players who have played either their 1st or 2nd game this year after being drafted last year.
Eg. H.Jones, C.Warner,H.Chapman, D.Robertson, L.Henry.

Surely we could play a few more youngsters.

2 first year players this week surely, McCrae McCreery , along with Cameron .

Jake Niall nailed it.
How does this coach not trust the kids and persist with WHE, JT, Madgen and Mayne?

We gain nothing short term and nothing longer term.

I called Nathan out on failing to trust kids...and I have yet to see him change

Why he chose to recall a 32yr old Mayne...to replace Jamie Elliott was laughable

Very astute football writer and observer is Jake Niall , good Collingwood man too , will talk all night about Collingwood if permitted

Jake Niall nailed it.
How does this coach not trust the kids and persist with WHE, JT, Madgen and Mayne?

Why he chose to recall a 32yr old Mayne...to replace Jamie Elliott was laughable
Jake Niall could easily have sourced the entire article from big footy. His observations are pretty accurate, but he says nothing that hasn't been expressed by many posters. I bet Nathan selects a team of experienced players and ignores the new recruits.

Buckley will look at the Niall article and go.. no no.. New England and Melbourne University modeling.. only.. don't don't.. Mayne.. you're in.. there's not enough data on these kids.. must play minimum 10 games vfl to register as data worth considering.. no no.. never mind he's running rings around Mayney at training.. don't you dare.. no no

Jake Niall nailed it.

After reading the article, bucks will do the following changes:

In: Greenwood, Presti & corpse of Reid

Out: IQ, Noble, T.Brown

After reading the article, bucks will do the following changes:

In: Greenwood, Presti & corpse of Reid

Out: IQ, Noble, T.Brown

Or Bucks could go
Out : Matrix :), De Goey, Moore, Howe

In : Kink, Wearmouth , Phil Carman, Geoff Hayward

Jake Niall could easily have sourced the entire article from big footy. His observations are pretty accurate, but he says nothing that hasn't been expressed by many posters. I bet Nathan selects a team of experienced players and ignores the new recruits.

He probably sourced my 50 shades of sexy posts and wrote it in layman's terms for everyone to understand..

Am I a great or what re?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Generally Sydney’s kids are more highly ranked than ours and therefore more likely to be ready early. Our kids haven’t played a real VFL game and the two who have played AFL games have looked all at seas

We need patience. Mayne, Thomas etc are doing ok and the kids can displace them when they show good VFL form

For now

Out WHE. Terrible so far this season
In Greenwood. His hardness will help

Call Brown was okay on Thursday. Stays in for time being.

Murphy may have been in line but concussed on Saturday. Sub from Thursday McCreery was described as “despite not having the greatest impact on the game on Saturday” on the clubs website. Given he was next in line going by Thurs team would seem wise to give the 2019-20 kids some VFL time to get ready.

Bianco sounds like he will be off for a while. Don’t like the sound of his knee complaint
Pretty easy changes this week-
In Greenwood out Madgen
In McCreery out C Brown
In Cameron out WHE
In Macrae out T Brown

Jake Niall nailed it.

How did Mayne not get subbed off!!??

Sat on bench anyway and may be out this week.

Bloody insanity

How did Mayne not get subbed off!!??

Sat on bench anyway and may be out this week.

Bloody insanity

I called it during the game thread that he was selfish
You could see it in his mannerisms that he didn’t want to come off...he was doing everything in his power to stay out there.

How we don’t replace a player like for like at selection anyway is mindblowing.

We wasted games last year with Varcoe
We are now doing it all over again with guys like Mayne and Madgen etc

Maybe said it twice in 15 years on this board as anything can happen with Collingwood.

Absolutely no way on earth we lose this game.

If we do that's fine, I can deal with the 4 GWS supporters on the board.

Jake Niall nailed it.

I was going to post the same story,I think Niall absolutely nailed it with that story,It is absolutely time to play some kids.But will Buckley do it?On past experiences,you would have to say no He’s just too cautious to be bold like that.

I was going to post the same story,I think Niall absolutely nailed it with that story,It is absolutely time to play some kids.But will Buckley do it?On past experiences,you would have to say no He’s just too cautious to be bold like that.

If McCrae does not play this week , says to me, Bucks papers are marked , he is in survival mode due to been given an ultimatum by GW of making the top 8 ,or Tijuana , if that is the case , he should throw caution to the wind and play a couple of debutants ASAP, playing the same old tried and failed players will sign off on these marked papers

Jake Niall may post here for all we know 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back