Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
Time this started to happen. Briilant.

Amazing how the Murdoch machine managed to frame a dodgy psychopath with a long history of failing upwards as some sort of loveable Shire Dad.

Morrison isn't even from the Shire, he hadn't even moved there when he was elected as the MP for the seat of Cook. He is a fan of Rugby Union, not League and is not a Cronulla Sharks supporter and never has been, it is all pretend.

Nah, they were bad, Alienate old people and middle Australia at your peril. They won't make the same mistake this time.

The policies didn't alienate old people and middle Australia, the media reporting on the policies did. Would it have been better to go with a small campaign to present a smaller target? Sure. It wasn't the policies fault, good policies.

Edit: Now if we are discussing the campaign, it was a campaign goof to take those policies to an election given the disadvantage Labor has in media representation.

Amazing how the Murdoch machine managed to frame a dodgy psychopath with a long history of failing upwards as some sort of loveable Shire Dad.

Morrison isn't even from the Shire, he hadn't even moved there when he was elected as the MP for the seat of Cook. He is a fan of Rugby Union, not League and is not a Cronulla Sharks supporter and never has been, it is all pretend.

Let’s not even go has to how he won the preselection of his seat, Cook. Sums him up to a tee.

The policies didn't alienate old people and middle Australia, the media reporting on the policies did. Would it have been better to go with a small campaign to present a smaller target? Sure. It wasn't the policies fault, good policies.

Edit: Now if we are discussing the campaign, it was a campaign goof to take those policies to an election given the disadvantage Labor has in media representation.

Guarantee it will be small target next time and the sweetener will be child care.

Yeah just happened to benefit greatly from the circumstances apparently. Morrison doesn't hold the smear campaign. Just a big coincidence.

He has been a failure in each job he has ever had - eventually he gets found out and gets the boot.

I think the same will happen here - there is no guarantee he will be PM going into an election. Josh and Peter have been remarkably quiet. There is a reason for that.

Which is a good plan. Campaigns already started thankfully. Though I doubt the Liberals are as eager to call an early election as they were a few months ago.

They won’t go to an early election and the media aren’t as forgiving this time either. They know the sort of s**t that has been going on. And as I keep saying, Shorten isn’t ALP leader, another bonus together with competent ALP Premiers in Qld, WA and Vic - makes it easier for voters.

Scott Morrison to hold news conference at 7:15 my abc news ticker says.
Please don’t is my first thought 🤦🏻‍♂️

Poll after poll shows that Americans want well-enforced, sensible, and sustainable immigration laws. What’s going on right now is none of those things.

People do not want a situation where illegals are encouraged - either directly or tacitly - to make the journey to the border. That is exactly what this administration has done.
There is nothing sensible or sustainable about separating families and I'm glad the Biden admin didn't go down that path.

Do you realise that a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants is supported by over 60% of American adults? This is up from 43% in 2015 (ipsos poll). Biden's plan to give amnesty to undocumented immigrants also mirrors that of Ronald Reagan and he was considered to be a conservative icon. Lets not pretend there is a middle ground to be had here. Republican voters want a no tolerance policy and anything short of Trump's draconian border policy is going to piss them off. You think Biden should try harder to appease these kind of people than the ones who actually voted for him?

Australia has some of the strictest immigration laws in the world and they are supported - or encouraged to be even stricter - by the majority of Australians.
You asked for my opinion, I wasn't saying it was a majority view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is nothing sensible or sustainable about separating families and I'm glad the Biden admin didn't go down that path.

Do you realise that a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants is supported by over 60% of American adults? This is up from 43% in 2015 (ipsos poll). Biden's plan to give amnesty to undocumented immigrants also mirrors that of Ronald Reagan and he was considered to be a conservative icon. Lets not pretend there is a middle ground to be had here. Republican voters want a no tolerance policy and anything short of Trump's draconian border policy is going to piss them off. You think Biden should try harder to appease these kind of people than the ones who actually voted for him?

You asked for my opinion, I wasn't saying it was a majority view.
Yet here we have thousands of kids on their own getting shunted through the border presumably by their parents.

Yet here we have thousands of kids on their own getting shunted through the border presumably by their parents.
Biden's holding facilities are only marginally better than Trump's. I've seen the photos. I think these immigrants who are sending their kids through unaccompanied may be severely overestimating the generosity of the Biden admin. Not all that surprising given all the rhetoric about Democrats supporting "open borders".

They weren't bad policies, they just made Labor an easier target for the Murdoch propaganda machine.
Put it this way.
I’d never voted liberal before that election. I voted liberal for the first time because labors policies were completely unacceptable.

Last edited:
Funny that in Morrison's maiden speech in parliament he was going on about how the Shire is a great place to live and was saying 'we' this and 'we' that when he didn't even live there! Eastern suburbs boy is he.

"Greatly assisted by the pastoral work of many dedicated church leaders, in particular the reverend Ray Green, and pastors Brian Houston and Leigh Coleman." - Scott Morrison

Pedo protector Brian Houston, Morrison must have learned a lot from that pastoral work.

Put it this way.
I’d never voted liberal before that election. I voted liberal for the first time because labors policies were completely in acceptable.
Lol. Australias tax incentives regarding property are a total rort. I know this first hand. It's middle and upper class welfare in disguise. It's hilarious to me that the same people who complain about welfare queens, lost their damned minds at the thought of losing their own entitlements. Apparently welfare should only be given to people who already have money.

Biden's holding facilities are only marginally better than Trump's. I've seen the photos. I think these immigrants who are sending their kids through unaccompanied may be severely overestimating the generosity of the Biden admin. Not all that surprising given all the rhetoric about Democrats supporting "open borders".
We all saw what happened after Kevin Rudd got elected. Flood gates opened. I voted for Rudd and to be nicer because it seemed barbaric the Howard method. But then the flip side was a mad rush of illegal immigrants.
problem is if you give people an inch they take a mile. It’s human nature. Unfortunately we need to make the boat method unpalatable or we’re facing a deluge. If I was a refugee from a s**t hole country I’d do anything to get myself here to.

Based on the articles you post in there I'd wager it is more likely you fell for the media reporting on the policies.
In my case it was around the tax on trust distributions. I also disliked their negative hearing ideas and CGT changes to. All of those things would have hurt me I believe. I even discussed it with my accountant just before the election.

Lol. Australias tax incentives regarding property are a total rort. I know this first hand. It's middle and upper class welfare in disguise. It's hilarious to me that the same people who complain about welfare queens, lost their damned minds at the thought of losing their own entitlements. Apparently welfare should only be given to people who already have money.
Well tax is the number one killer of saving for the future. So you don’t need to hold your hand out when you retire. Welfare is getting someone else’s money. Paying less tax is just keeping more of your own money.
I’d prefer the later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back