Review Dees v Handbaggers: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Big props to Oliver in particular from me this week, after going to water with the tag last week, he worked through it perfectly today, great signs coz was a genuine concern for me moving forward.
Agree. He looked good. I honestly reckon this tagging experience will be good for his game longer term. Makes him think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly in years gone by we drop that game in the last, massive victory and it makes me feel that we really turning a corner with this team and becoming a genuinely good side. 4-0 feels bloody amazing, and especially against the Cats, * em.

Good: Trac, Oliver, Langdon were everywhere. Fritta was fantastic, becoming a genuinely good forward in the comp. Viney was immense with his 12 tackles.

We have efforts all over the ground which is exciting, was worried about our bottom 6 this season, but we've had contributors from everyone this season, guys like Spargo, ANB, Jordan etc have all played a part in wins.

Ugly: Geelong, * them, worst club in the league. You can tell Selwoods antics filter through the side, saw squib efforts from a lot of their younger players today, instead of actually trying to get rid of the ball. Was fun watching that Gryan Miers miss in the last quarter too, awful kicking technique, what a spanner.

Last edited:
Honestly in years gone by we drop that game in the last, massive victory and it makes me feel that we really turning a corner with this team and becoming a genuinely good side. 4-0 feels bloody amazing, and especially against the Cats, fu** em.

Good: Trac, Oliver, Langdon were everywhere. Fritta was fantastic, becoming a genuinely good forward in the comp. Viney was immense with his 12 tackles.

We have efforts all over the ground which is exciting, was worried about our bottom 6 this season, but we've had contributors from everyone this season.

Ugly: Geelong, fu** them, worst club in the league. You can tell Selwoods antics filter through the side, saw squib efforts from a lot of their younger players today, instead of actually trying to get rid of the ball. Was fun watching that Gryan Miers miss in the last quarter too, awful kicking technique, what a spanner.
Vote for spanner as an insult. Severely underrated.

Good:

- Excellent team performance again. Everyone seems to know what their role is and they are all playing it well.
- Really mature performance to once again steady the ship when the other team starts coming at us. You know against Geelong that they're going to get every 50/50 call when they need it, and that for some reason they always have a goal / behind ratio of like 10:1 against us, but for a change against them we always looked like we were in control of the game today.
- Tomlinson did a great job on Hawkins. I thought we were ****ed when May went off, but Tomlinson didn't lose a single one-on-one battle with Hawkins. Another example of a team full of guys who are just competent at doing what they're asked to do at the moment.
- Midfield was excellent, Viney and Petracca had their best games for the year.
- Lever probably our most important player today, if not our best. Just knows exactly where he needs to be to make life difficult for the other team. On AA form atm.
- Taking our goal-kicking opportunities after an iffy start. Hope all the Fritsch-knockers are enjoying their humble pie.
- Spargo winning a head-high free kick against Selwood, Sparrow shoving him to the ground with disdain after winning the free-kick against him and then Pickett mouthing-off at him when he won the HTB on the wing. Will always enjoy watching that cheating prick get beaten.

Bad:

- May's injury. We're really gonna miss him.

Ugly:

- Narkle's hair.

6-1? Which game are we going to lose? 😩
I'm just a realist that at some point we will have to play a decent team as we haven't played anyone so far. If we get a genuine top 4 team we'll be dismantled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back