Preview Sydney Swans vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday April 24 @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we kick 100+ this week, it will be very telling of how best we should use Bud. Bud played out of the goal square against Adelaide so our forward line was unpredictable and potent

We have played some very good footy without buddy , can’t see why we can’t continue.

Sinclair won’t be as effective but he will still be honest

And Gold Coast have even less in the ruck than we do. Significantly so, in fact.

Really disappointed that Hickey and Bud are added to Rampe and Heeney on the sidelines, but they'll be back fairly soon. Our group left (who have actually played quite a lot of footy together now after last year) need to hold the fort and keep solid. Good test with a bit of adversity for the young guys.

We have played some very good footy without buddy , can’t see why we can’t continue.

Sinclair won’t be as effective but he will still be honest

Agree our two best performances this year have been minus Buddy.

But it's more the cumulative effect of missing Bud, Heeney, Rampe, Hickey and maybe Rowbottom. If the kids perform well as they did early on then we can still be very good, but if they struggle, then not having all of that quality out there will be very noticeable.

Same deal as last week, at least we have people in the 2s that are more than capable of being able to come in and play the role to cover.

McLean comes in for Franklin, they've been swapping in that position all year
Sinclair comes in for Hickey, it's been his job for the last two years and he gives his all, will benefit against a ruckless Gold Coast

Same as last week, I still think Rowbottom comes in for Blakey.

Longmire confirmed Rowbottom will play.

As he should have. Still amazed he didn't play last week

Absolutely exact same presence of re-injury in the two’s, Senior player having a trot in the two’s is only if you can’t run out a game and you need to be managed. After only a few weeks out he would’ve been fine. Wasn’t a soft tissue injury.

A spread of goal kickers this week I bet
We will be less predictable going forward & win well.
Provided the youg guys haven't lost their confidence in attacking. I see young Campbell & McDonald only spent 60% game time on the ground which is very low suggesting they may have been protected a little throughout the match.
I have a hunch Campbell will be out. As Punts says though, the injury to Buddy may have saved McDonald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be less predictable going forward & win well.
Provided the youg guys haven't lost their confidence in attacking. I see young Campbell & McDonald only spent 60% game time on the ground which is very low suggesting they may have been protected a little throughout the match.
I have a hunch Campbell will be out. As Punts says though, the injury to Buddy may have saved McDonald.
I can see Cor or ling

LOL

At this point you just have to laugh. In the space of two weeks, we are literally back to where we were in 2020: Three best players on the sidelines, and no quality ruck.

Absolutely. Buddy, Rampe, Heeney out injured and relying on Sinclair in the ruck....where have I seen that before??

Hope everyone enjoyed it while it lasted!

I came into the season with no real finals expectations so i'm not overly fussed - it is what it is. The one expectation I did and do still have is improvement, it's an absolute non negotiable.
So, this could be a blessing and a test in some ways for players as well as coaches. 4 crucial outs and there is no such thing as an equal quality replacement for any of them, so the team needs to lift to balance the loses. Are we up to it?

Balance wise it has to be McLean and Sinclair coming in. Rowbottom is best 22 and should come back in, won't be popular but IMO Kennedy should be nervous. I know it won't happen but speed in the middle needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Horse already announced Rowbottom is coming in. Sinclair seems like the natural replacement for Hickey, but I feel like Rowbottom for Buddy doesn't add up to me. Could this be the match Blakey is dropped?
For his own sake going forward he needs to be. Not for just one match either. He was let off the hook too easy last year.

Absolutely exact same presence of re-injury in the two’s, Senior player having a trot in the two’s is only if you can’t run out a game and you need to be managed. After only a few weeks out he would’ve been fine. Wasn’t a soft tissue injury.
Yeah but he didn’t play at full pace. He really just went through the motions bruise free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back