Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Riley Collier-Dawkins

Votes: 36 13.4%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 26 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

little concerned over shorty... his kicking this year has been pretty sh*t if I must say, some shocking turn overs under no pressure today

Did you guys see him absolutely sh*t himself in a marking contest in first quarter? It was a horrible look

Got a couple of mates that went to high school with him and they tell me he’s soft as butter. I wouldn’t go that far but that contest today was pretty embarrassing for him
100 gamer, the club sees something in him. I guess it takes multiple types to make a footy team. For every Baker type you have a B Ellis. Who's been on 1/2 mill salary for the best part of a decade.

fu** cotch is so good. Can only fault him on hammies. This guy is so important for us because of the role he plays as an inside mid and the fact others lift around him. The fact some have called him finished and sh*t is beyond laughable and quite frankly their opinions on footy should not even be heard.
Games he has played this year he has been good bar one or two
Cotch brings a unique intensity to the midfield but Cotch's body needs management. 7 games out of 11 gives Ross/RCD types a chance. Which is great when we win. Crows & Giants games: all good. Not so good: Cats & Lions. Prestia, Edwards and Lambert are a bit injury prone too and our depth was exposed in our losses.
Win or lose the flag, questions about the careers of Houli, Astbury, Cotch, JR need to be asked. CCJ had a great game, see if he backs it up. Miller & Nyoun haven't played any senior footy but are close I reckon. And the guys could replace Astbury

I haven't seen the replay but I was expecting Prestia to take a while to adjust after noAFL ~ditto CAdd/Chol/CCJ after so much VFL. With 4 injuries/suspensions couldn't drop too many more players so George survived but it sounds like he still needs a rest. TBF that small fwd position can be hard to play.
HRS is not getting a heap of the ball but has been impressive. His defence skills vs Charlie Cameron was quite advanced for such a young player. Kicks a couple of goals so showing a range of positions he could play in future. I'd like to give HRS & RCD every opportunity to play. So minimal changes. George for someone.
Maybe even rest MP for a week.
watched the replay again , and watch George run and chase. He's like having two players out there. if only he had some composure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a long time since I last saw Jack decide to win the game off his own boot. He is such a clever player when the ball gets in his vicinity.

We really clicked with Cotchin in the team, his attack on the ball is sensational. Add Kane Lambert to the side and we're almost at full strength.

I thought we picked apart Adelaide with ease. The number of times their players were forced to peel off to attack our ball carrier only to leave a man free was simply fantastic. We have such a well drilled team and pace. They didn't have an answer to it. I haven't seen us play like that all year.

CCJ looks like a keeper. Chol did some good things but is still raw (that weird punch thing he did, wtf?)

If we finish 5-8 and get a first final in Melb we are going to be a huge chance of going all the way with a full team.

He has been pretty good this year, just in spurts. This spurt was his best by a longshot and at a really important time. When he isn't in one of those spurts though he can be a little MIA. But at this point of his career, that is an excellent ability, especially if he can take over a game for a full quarter like he did yesterday. The most impressive thing about him is he is taking his chances - 30 goals, 13 behinds. - many of those goals have been difficult on the boundary shots etc.

Our Forward stocks are all of a sudden very good but we are in a pretty important transition now of what it will look like. Its a big call to go 3 or even 4 bigs after our success being built on a pressure small set up. We need to work on finding the sweet spot, which will be hard with Lynch out for 6 weeks as we cannot trial anything. The key to it working for me is Chol - we still need the pressure & Chol is the only one that can play another position other than a stoppage ruckman. Most here had written him off due to his inconsistency, but if he can start to build his way out of that - he can be a big difference maker for us. a 200cm athletic beast that can chop out in ruck, drop forward, mark, kick goals, tackle, chase - he is a new form of "chaos ball" for us - "Giant Chaos". If he can get more ground and game awareness, perhaps he can spend time on a wing? seems a long way off that, but who knows.

Really tough game as bombers are coming of a great win and Optus.

CCJ was fantastic as it seemed that chol and himself created space for Jack to run onto it. Jack also being on the wing might be a great move as it took time for him to do somthing but when it worked it worked

In: Pickett, Rioli
Out: Hugo, George (sub)

If Edwards is ready, no idea who comes out. Potentially Chol but probably Caddy.
Based on yesterday's game, I think RCD might be the unlucky player to make room for Sheds. RCD is learning his craft quickly but I just felt some of his disposals were a bit clunky. If you miss a target these days the consequences are severe. No way would I see Nank out of the side. We looked so much stronger in the middle when he was there. My ins would be Pickett and Sheds with RCD and some other undeserving poor bugger the outs. And I loved Chol's new found physicality as well as the way CCJ not just worked his way into the game but started to dominate after quarter time.

Hopefully in dropping rioli we have now found a properly balanced team again. And that's not because rioli shouldnt necessarily be in the team.

We have been playing too many smalls, and have been impotent in the air. It was the same last year. Rioli aarts castagna Bolton as small forwards was too much and struggled at times. After the Brisbane final we dropped aarts so we could play Bolton, castagna and rioli as small forwards and looked so much better.

Bolton needs more time forward. He is great in the middle, but like dusty he is so much more valuable off the forward flank either making goals from nothing or delivering inside 50.

Lot to like about that result.
The veterans and newbies combined extremely well.
And the team withstood serious challenges at both ends of the game.
Pickett and Edwards (if cherry ripe) look the logical ins for next week.
George (needs a spell) and Hugo (unlucky) the probable outs.
Am I the only one who thinks Dusty might be carrying an injury interferring with his acceleration?
Yeah about Dusty , too many norm smiths around his neck has slowed him down

I remember Essendon playing a very fast game last year,playing on at all costs which almost got them over the line.
flag favourites now :p
Media are now on the Bombers train.

Back