Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. Adelaide, AO Sat 05/06 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, i think we need to find out about a few guys on the list. Some decisions need to be made at the end of the year about a few guys that have been around for a while but haven't broken through.

With Grundy out, Max Lynch should get a crack. If he can't come in with Grundy out, and Mason Cox under an injury cloud, then he is a certainty for delisting, and I have no idea why we even bothered to keep him on last year.

If not Lynch, then I'd be thrown Kelly into full back to play up against Thilthorpe. This is a first year kid, and Kelly is into his 3rd year. Irrespective of how good Thilthorpe is, we need to get some games into Kelly this year. Roughead is over 30 and we need to start future-proofing.

If Kelly played, that would allow Roughead to play more as a ruck. He is a premiership ruckman afterall!

I actually reckon we looked ok last week when Grundy went down. It created unpredictability. Grundy is good at winning hitouts, but he is very predictable where he hits. So it could cause a bit of chaos using an alternate option for a few games.
I think Lynch is injured too....

I'm assuming you're taking the pi55.

Our list is in very ordinary shape right now.

Our only option is to smash the next 3-4 drafts and rebuild.
Not taking the pi55 at all. Our team in the late 90s included rolled gold hacks such as Jason Wild, Trent Hodden, Brad Rowe, Kent Butcher, Stephen Ryan, Nick Hider, Chad Liddell, Stephen Pitt.....need I go on? To a man they were suburban footballers at best. The current team would beat them by 10 goals or I'm no judge at all.

True but not true in this instance.

I don’t think Cal is best 22 but with Elliott and McCreery out he’s bound to get a game.

If those two are fit I think he’s every chance to drop out this week.

You are correct on Madgen and Wilson though. I’d prefer Macrae or Rantall come in as underdone kids this week. Madgen is not up to it and Wilson looks like an underdone kid himself, even though he’s 23. He’s had a taste and now needs to go back and work on some deficiencies before he gets another look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wilson I fear will never have it, he isn’t a footballer. He doesn’t attack the ball with intent and rigour and is not that special skills wise that you can forgive his laconic approach. Madgen is the same, also a basket baller incidentally.

I am confused,
If the player that kicks in and plays on after a behind or rushed behind.
And then kicks the ball.
Is that added as a + gain ?
Any disposal that ends up closer to goal is a gain. Likewise, any disposal that goes backwards is subtracted from the metres gained.

Wilson I fear will never have it, he isn’t a footballer. He doesn’t attack the ball with intent and rigour and is not that special skills wise that you can forgive his laconic approach. Madgen is the same, also a basket baller incidentally.
Biggest issue for Wilson is his kicking. In the current game and in his role you can’t afford to be such a poor kick

Not taking the pi55 at all. Our team in the late 90s included rolled gold hacks such as Jason Wild, Trent Hodden, Brad Rowe, Kent Butcher, Stephen Ryan, Nick Hider, Chad Liddell, Stephen Pitt.....need I go on? To a man they were suburban footballers at best. The current team would beat them by 10 goals or I'm no judge at all.
Brad Rowe was a solid player.
Kent Butcher a great unfulfilled talent due to perpetual injury.
The others...meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did, I just have no faith in our team to be honest

So you go from doubt to believing they're lying... noice.

No wonder the club says so little.

OUT Grundy C.Brown
IN Keane Macrae

Cameron and Roughead to cover ruck duties.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The distance a kick travels is also included in meters gained, but it doesn't account for back and sideways kicks, it's all mtrs gained

Don't think so. I think it's only meters moved goal to goal as far as I'm aware. A 40m kick sideways that creeps forward would be +5m for instance.

This is a MAJOR reason why Adams can’t be captain imo. I understand you want to help the team as much as possible. However, you’re setting a HORRIBLE precedent.

See, people start calling everything that the clubs says lies and this is where it ends up, people just make stupid statements like this. Sad really.

I am confused,
If the player that kicks in and plays on after a behind or rushed behind.
And then kicks the ball.
Is that added as a + gain ?

Yep, run and carry counts.

Biggest issue for Wilson is his kicking. In the current game and in his role you can’t afford to be such a poor kick

He's a beautiful kick on both sides. Just hasn't translated to senior footy yet.

So you don’t think he was rushed back and reinjured himself?

I think he passed the medical test and was declared fit to play. Got a knock in the 1st quarter, sustained a fresh injury, came off, had it assessed, returned and played out the game. Pulled up sore when he cooled down which isn't uncommon. Went and had scans which showed a fresh minor tear in a different location to the previous tear. Did the previous tear make that more likely? I don't know. Just bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back