Preview Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Cazaly's Stadium, Saturday 12th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Crows

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papers stamped. Unfortunately.

Since last year we've lost Brown, Roberton, Carlisle, Frawley, they don't like playing Highmore nor Joyce, and now they're dumping the only other man left in Clav to leave Doogs on his own...

Finals are gone and we'd rather play a sole key back instead of trying a kid who has been solid enough at AFL level. Been scratching my head all year that I've finally poked through to the brain. I'm not saying Clav will be an All Australia CHB, but we'll never know what he could've been... unless he gets picked up elsewhere.

Weird selection.

Kept King, Clark and Wood in the team who clearly have injury issues, drop Clav who is a great matchup for Thilthorpe and name two emergencies who were on the injury list. Also no mid to replace Ross - although I guess we will see Byrnes go back to his midfield role with Lonie replacing him up forward.

Surely we're going to see a late out or two. I'll be furious if any of the players with injury clouds aggravate their injuries like we did with Marshall. If this club stuffs Max King's back by forcing him to play injured at 20 years old then we need a total cleanout of administration and coaches.
Yeah, just don't get why we'd risk Max if there's any lingering doubt around his condition. The season is basically a wash at this point, and he's the most important player on the list going forward, why not be extra careful with him?

Since last year we've lost Brown, Roberton, Carlisle, Frawley, they don't like playing Highmore nor Joyce, and now they're dumping the only other man left in Clav to leave Doogs on his own...

Finals are gone and we'd rather play a sole key back instead of trying a kid who has been solid enough at AFL level. Been scratching my head all year that I've finally poked through to the brain. I'm not saying Clav will be an All Australia CHB, but we'll never know what he could've been... unless he gets picked up elsewhere.
It’s sad. I hope he does. But I just can’t see it happening.

I guess technically...if we win, we can still make finals...we all know at this stage that it's nonsense, but the possibility still exists. Dunstan...for his many faults...is playing okay, and well enough to keep a 9 to 15 possession winner in Bytel out. Clav being dropped is a weird decision, but Long has experience and they may just be rolling the last of the dice hoping that his experience will carry the team forward (even if it doesn't make sense matchup wise) The selectors seem to be of the notion that Highmore can play big...at least that was the perception at the beginning of the season. I don't think he's a CHB...but as said, it is the last throw of the dice for the season.
Game on.

Sooooo...
Howard to Walker
Wilke to Fogarty
Highmore to McAdam
Leaves Coff for Tilthorpe

Damn that is undersized. Thank f**k they didn't play Himmelberg too

Battle in the Membery role. Ryder or Hunter resting next to King (if fit). Oooph that is thin.

Cannot understand for the life of me why no Joyce if he is fit enough to be an emergency! Not much of a difference, but at least that would have been a second option for Walker if he gets off the leash. Current next best option is probably Battle, who may be our only forward that can actually take a grab.

Last edited:
Sooooo...
Howard to Walker
Wilke to Fogarty
Highmore to McAdam

Battle in the Membery role. Ryder or Hunter resting next to King (if fit). Oooph that is thin.

Cannot understand for the life of me why no Joyce if he is fit enough to be an emergency! Not much of a difference, but at least that would have been a second option for Walker if he gets off the leash.

Joyce could be the medical sub so if we need another tall defender we can just get someone to fake an injury and sub him on, although with our luck we probably won't need someone to fake one.

Welp, let’s hope punter plays a ripper against his old club. I feel a lot more confident saying that about Crouch though.

The most interesting part of the line up to me is how we handle Walker, Thilthorpe and even O’Brien if he goes forward. Assuming Dougs goes to Walker, Thilthorpe could get off the leash. According to the AFL app, he is 201 cm and a 102 kgs, for a seven gamer he could do some damage. Who handles him?
We are not seriously worried about a first year key forward are we? They take a while to develop. Walker and Fogarty are their threats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sooooo...
Howard to Walker
Wilke to Fogarty
Highmore to McAdam

Cannot understand for the life of me why no Joyce if he is fit enough to be an emergency! Not much of a difference, but at least that would have been a second option for Walker if he gets off the leash. Current next best option is probably Battle, who may be our only forward that can actually take a grab.
You'd imagine Wilkie will play on Thilphorpe as the 2nd tall.

That would have been a good match up for Clav though.

Odd move and shows we really need to sort that out asap. Can't remember the last good key defender we drafted. Must have been Fisher?

The only thing that makes sense to me is maybe ratts still thinks we can play finals. If we lose this week hopefully selections will be more focused on our future.
If Ratts actually thinks that we should just sack him now

We are not seriously worried about a first year key forward are we? They take a while to develop. Walker and Fogarty are their threats.
Thilthorpe is going ok. 13 goals in his first 7 games.

The same amount of goals as Fogarty in 2 less games.

But it's more the fact that he's over 200cm tall and we will likely have to play a third tall defender on him.

If Ratts actually thinks that we should just sack him now
Every coach should go into a game thinking they have a possibility of winning, no matter how slim the odds. If they didn't have that mindset then they should be sacked.

Every coach should go into a game thinking they have a possibility of winning, no matter how slim the odds. If they didn't have that mindset then they should be sacked.
Did you read the post ,,, Its about making finals , not winning , sure we can win this week but no way are we good enough to play finals IMO

I would’ve done Dunstan out and bring in Bytel. Oh well. Dunstan gets another crack. Hopefully he goes to laird.
Hope crouch has 40
That would be a strange move considering Bytel was dropped 2 games ago because he couldn't find enough footy.

Dunstan came in was BOG in his first week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back