Opinion The Race for Pick #1 - It's ours (almost... again....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say a winning mindset we are talking about 1 extra/less win

that doesn’t change culture

now if you’re talking about say 5 or 6 extra wins then fair enough
From a supporters perspective yes.
But how many of the next 4 games are we supposed to loose?

From am elite competitors perspective, every training session, every moment in a game counts.
Even what you do in your personal life counts.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we win tomorrow we’d be good enough to win all 4 but we wont
Easy call to make.
But I reckon our boys are keen and hungry for a win.
What they have endured the last few years, id say they're going for the kill and Horne wouldn't cross their minds

Easy call to make.
What they have endured the last few years, id say they're going for the kill and Horne wouldn't cross their minds

100% it won’t cross their minds
im talking from a what is better for the club point of view (eg what the list strategy team
Will be thinking)

Easy call to make.

Lol there’s insanity and passion. This is bordering insanity. No one goes out to lose. If we had a full strength side, or even close to one, we’d get within a couple of kicks or even pinch a win with luck. We aren’t there yet. We are nowhere near it. The future is bright and we will bask in it soon enough

100% it won’t cross their minds
im talking from a what is better for the club point of view (eg what the list strategy team
Will be thinking)
This squad is building confidence with each game.

Each game they are learning how to control the tempo. Which is hard to teach on a white board.

Being a nothing season, for us, this is perfect preparation for the real thing, when it starts in 22.

The way we move the ball, is scintillating, and whether it's 22 or 23, this style of footy along with intensity we will see us have 5 game winning streaks.

Anyway, big chance tomorrow chops us at the knees and brings us back down to earth.
But hey, that's valuable experience too.

There is no way, a systematic throwing of a game(s)will occur.

This is fantasy football for the fans only.

As a fan, Id prefer to keep our record as 1972.

Lol there’s insanity and passion. This is bordering insanity. No one goes out to lose. If we had a full strength side, or even close to one, we’d get within a couple of kicks or even pinch a win with luck. We aren’t there yet. We are nowhere near it. The future is bright and we will bask in it soon enough
What's insane , the boys believing they can win?

You shouldn't post when your pissed on a Friday night making a tool of yourself

Pitty you can't read when your high.

You're asking me as a punter?

I said the boys are going out to win.
They're not thinking about Horne.

“Going for the kill”

you live in alternate universe. Perhaps you should slip some of that LSD my way. That “going for the kill” will soon shift into chasing arse all day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we do get Horne and he ends up being a 13-15 disposal .5 goal a game HFF you will be the first to jump ship.

JFC people talking about getting ahead of ourselves after a few wins? How about some around here proclaiming someone who has yet to play an AFL game as a guaranteed superstar??

If we get Horne, fantastic. But there is usually more than 1 good player per draft, and they are generally don't tend to be the number 1 pick either.

That’s garbage. I’ve never turned on anyone in my life. Anyone I’ve ever not rated, I’ve not rated on first sight, and it’s very very rarely young players.

Winning culture. Never ever ever go down easy.

I don't mind resting a few guys, but I hope whoever is left is busting a gut to get the W.

Biggest furphy ever this winning culture. It’s a nonsense.

Be 5-0 next year if you want to prove you have a winning culture.

That’s garbage. I’ve never turned on anyone in my life. Anyone I’ve ever not rated, I’ve not rated on first sight, and it’s very very rarely young players.

Biggest furphy ever this winning culture. It’s a nonsense.

Be 5-0 next year if you want to prove you have a winning culture.
Have you ever played sport? Everytime U go out, try to win. That's it.

Make no mistake, all our players are playing for their personal futures as well. Anyone who takes it easy threatens their own individual success. If we were to tank, it would be a case of playing guys out of position or sending players for early operations. Having said that, if we arrive at R23 needing to lose to ensure we get our favoured pick… let’s just say we might see a rerun of R23, 2015 at selection time. Comben, Ham and Edwards would definitely be lining up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Make no mistake, the coach & players are giving it their absolute all to win every week, it’s human nature!
It’s whether the board, with the help of selectors & medical staff want to reduce our chances of winning by resting players that would normally play if we were in finals contention.

I want Horne as much as the next bloke (that sounds slightly more homoeroctic than intended)
Our midfield is stacked though. If we are getting Kelly (🙏) I can’t see how Horne gets many midfield minutes for the first couple of years ahead of Cunners, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, Phillips, Powell & Kelly.
We might be better served winning some games to keep the momentum & good vibes going & picking up Gibcus with pick 4-5.

Last edited:
Have a feeling we will get a taste fo reality this weekend.

We're heading in the right direction but the Cats are the real deal right now.

Great, im sure our young guys will be itching at the bit to see how far they've come.

I want Horne as much as the next bloke (that sounds slightly more homoeroctic than intended)
Our midfield is stacked though. If we are getting Kelly (🙏) I can’t see how Horne gets many midfield minutes for the first couple of years ahead of Cunners, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, Phillips, Powell & Kelly.
We might be better served winning some games to keep the momentum & good vibes going & picking up Gibcus with pick 4-5.
Goater sounds like the type that whoever doesn’t pick him in years to come will be spewing. Sounds like, Bomy. I know nothing of course, but it’s always good to pick one and see what happens down the track. He’s 190 plus or something. Would luv a big bodied mid. Although TT may become that anyway.
l‘ve read a few question marks on why Horne isnt playing midfield in SANFL. Will he play midfield in AFL.
Thoughts of others would be great. Souup ? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back