Review Dees v Handbaggers, Rd 23 @ the Handbaggery: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I stopped

It’s fantastic.

Seems like we should expect Hibbo back this week.

Carey saying Melksham and Hibbo best 22 was weird to me, the question is who do you take out, I think Smith is a great (and our best) match up for Charlie Cameron, Hibbo suits McCarthy but Salem is probably just as likely also, I dont see much room for Hibbo.

I actually thought the jumping around after was because Max had actually put it through (he has missed some from there ) to win the game . The finishing on top was the cherry on the cake .

Carey saying Melksham and Hibbo best 22 was weird to me, the question is who do you take out, I think Smith is a great (and our best) match up for Charlie Cameron, Hibbo suits McCarthy but Salem is probably just as likely also, I dont see much room for Hibbo.

Saying Melk is best 22 was kind of lol, but whatever. I like Melk more than most, but he’s a really limited dude at this point.

My American ears still struggle a bit at times understanding fully what is being said by aussies. So not sure if Max is saying he expects Hibbo to play, saying he thinks Hibbo should play, or just saying the non media thing athletes say. Max doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who worries about saying the “correct” thing so you can probably strike that last option. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Saying Melk is best 22 was kind of lol, but whatever. I like Melk more than most, but he’s a really limited dude at this point.

My American ears still struggle a bit at times understanding fully what is being said by aussies. So not sure if Max is saying he expects Hibbo to play, saying he thinks Hibbo should play, or just saying the non media thing athletes say. Max doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who worries about saying the “correct” thing so you can probably strike that last option. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He was sitting on the fence completely. Giving reasons why we could go with both Smith and Hibbo.

He was sitting on the fence completely. Giving reasons why we could go with both Smith and Hibbo.

Sort of implied that when he named the various Fitzroy forwards and how each would or could match up. But I really felt like he came down on the Hibbo side. I’ve probably had too much makers to be so sure though.

Sort of implied that when he named the various Fitzroy forwards and how each would or could match up. But I really felt like he came down on the Hibbo side. I’ve probably had too much makers to be so sure though.

I just dont see anyone capable of taking Cameron as well as Smith can with May moving round stiff and sore atm. Certainly wouldn't trust Hibbo on him, looks like hes been in quicksand for a lot this year.

Hey serious question- everyone who wants Hibbo (me included) for that veteran experience he brings. Has Hibbo ever actually had success in the finals? Keep hearing the dons last one a final 27,000 days ago.

Hey serious question- everyone who wants Hibbo (me included) for that veteran experience he brings. Has Hibbo ever actually had success in the finals? Keep hearing the dons last one a final 27,000 days ago.

Only with us in 2018

We played in a prelim 3 years ago, finals experience isn't an issue. Hibberd should come in IMO but it is more because he is a lot more trustworthy than Smith.

Oh right. So Hibbo has played in meaningful finals. And smith hasnt (won’t pretend I remember if smith played in those 3 games in 2018, but I doubt it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh right. So Hibbo has played in meaningful finals. And smith hasnt (won’t pretend I remember if smith played in those 3 games in 2018, but I doubt it).

Smith played the prelim final. Big story at the time how we selected him instead of Fritsch who'd played basically the whole season to that point.

Didn't make one iota of difference though.

While Smith has the athletic attributes, Hibbo has the brains. I can see Smith getting lost in traffic or up the ground against Cameron.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Smith just sticks to his man, he doesn't lost because he doesn't really try much else. He's the only defender we have quick enough and has played well every time he's played on a small quick bloke.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 3.59.19 pm.png

Looked up the avg age of the respective 22's from the weekend. Thought it was an interesting comparison of a team on the rise versus a team on their last hurrah.

I've got the audio handy just need to edit it. Ran out of time today, will try to sort it out tomorrow unless someone beats me to the punch.

All commentary but SEN/AFL Nation which I couldn't find.

Had to cut the start of the ABC call as Brendan Goddard was spluttering like a fish about the deliberate call and it sounded like an audio error.

Smith played in the prelim. Less said about this the better

SEN call is on Whateleys show today in his opening monologue around 4:10. Great call too.
Yeah I didn't even realise they called it until I heard that. Unfortunately what they put on thismorning was heavily edited and I'm not hugely keen on syncing a chopped up clip with the video.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back