Review Dees v Handbaggers, Rd 23 @ the Handbaggery: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

King is a flip flopping fool. He finds an obscure barely quantifiable stand alone stat every week to illustrate his contrary view. Intimated Geelong were the best team then hedged his bets at the end by picking The Demons. Gets to say ‘I told you so’ either way. Good for his media profile.

He had some weird stat, I can't even remember what it was but he said that based on the numbers Geelong controlled the game. How about we look at the game and not the numbers. I'm pretty sure he agreed with montagna that Melbourne were in control for most the game, this morning on SEN this morning he said he felt Geelong had 60% of control. I'm not sure what he's talking about, I reckon Geelong were in control most of the second and most of the 3rd though we won the third they were probably in preservation mode no need to attack with such a lead. I reckon Melbourne were in control in the first and early in the second but had comple control in the last. I would say it was 50/50 at best for Geelong at the end of the day Melbourne won 3 quarters to one. On the numbers as king loves so much that's Geelong with 25% control.

He had some weird stat, I can't even remember what it was but he said that based on the numbers Geelong controlled the game. How about we look at the game and not the numbers. I'm pretty sure he agreed with montagna that Melbourne were in control for most the game, this morning on SEN this morning he said he felt Geelong had 60% of control. I'm not sure what he's talking about, I reckon Geelong were in control most of the second and most of the 3rd though we won the third they were probably in preservation mode no need to attack with such a lead. I reckon Melbourne were in control in the first and early in the second but had comple control in the last. I would say it was 50/50 at best for Geelong at the end of the day Melbourne won 3 quarters to one. On the numbers as king loves so much that's Geelong with 25% control.

Was turnovers created and turnovers (forget the terms he was using)

Really wish I had been watching live. I was going absolutely crazy after that Clarry/Spargs goals sequence. Can only imagine what seeing it in real time would have been like.
I hope if we make the big dance you’ll be staying up

I hope if we make the big dance you’ll be staying up

I won’t miss that. I was annoyed enough as it was that I had to miss this one. I had a two hour drive starting at 5am and was able to stream a radio broadcast as I was driving (actually started by streaming the TV broadcast, but because they think you’re actually seeing what’s happening that was pretty useless and uninformative). So I caught the entire first half and then all that remained was to check in later to see how badly we lost (or so I thought).

I won’t miss that. I was annoyed enough as it was that I had to miss this one. I had a two hour drive starting at 5am and was able to stream a radio broadcast as I was driving (actually started by streaming the TV broadcast, but because they think you’re actually seeing what’s happening that was pretty useless and uninformative). So I caught the entire first half and then all that remained was to check in later to see how badly we lost (or so I thought).

Actually now that I think about it, I pulled up the score an hour later and the third had just finished and I thought “damn didn’t cut into the lead enough, Port Adelaide it is”.

On reflection you know the thing I probably like the most about that game is we did to Geelong what they’ve done to us and so many other teams in close games. Not just the shot after the siren but the fact we came back from so far down away from home.

I had a dees fan I know message me at half time saying told you so because I thought we’d win and he thought we’d get done - I didn’t reply till after the game when I then just reiterated my confidence in the side. I don’t know if we will win the flag or even a final but I reckon if someone beats us they will have to play bloody well to do so.

Received this rumour:

Apparently, on Saturday night, police were called to a house because neighbours reported lots of noise and presumed an illegal party.
Police turned up only to find two men (residents)……making toast.

They were Melbourne supporters.
❤️💙❤️💙

Received this rumour:

Apparently, on Saturday night, police were called to a house because neighbours reported lots of noise and presumed an illegal party.
Police turned up only to find two men (residents)……making toast.

They were Melbourne supporters.
💙💙

Probably pumping this banger

😍😍

Doubtful anyone here has ever heard of George M Cohan. But he wrote that music, and since my youth it’s been a favorite of mine. Just an added bonus to being a Dees fan.

Did he also do the remix?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but that is horrible and I love me doff doff

Could only find two remixes and this was the better of the two which obviously isn't saying much.

What does it mean to “make toast”?
This is all time from you.

Toast? Piece of bread in a toaster until it’s crispy and warm then with condiments slathered on it?

This is all time from you.

Toast? Piece of bread in a toaster until it’s crispy and warm then with condiments slathered on it?

Don't tell him what it means!

Great interview that, recommend everyone has a listen

Just listening now and I remembered that someone predicted Max from 25M after the siren to win it in the GF. I’d still rather skip that, but at least we have this in the memory bank if has to line it up to win it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back