List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

So if the club decided to go the rebuild you couldnt see the club trading Gaff for a pick in the late teens / early 20's and say pay $200k in 2022 and even 2023?

Eagles get another decent pick, save $600k x 2 years and can possibly look at trading in a younger talent such as a Sharp.

So yet another self imposed trade restriction. We do seen to like imposing various trade bans to restrict our trade options.
I could see them trading Gaff if he wants to go.
I said I could never see them paying around a quarter of a million dollars to pay for a players wage who isn't at the club.

Yeah I forgot that one. Sue me.

It still stands up though what im saying.

Lets put it this way. We won 1 flag with the best midfield combo in AFL history and had zero dynasty. Why do you think that was?
A few of them were drug addicts and the club imploded.

Throw 50 darts at one board and hope sticks.

I call it the old Hagdorn special.

I got 3 bullseyes not 1 mate

1. Hasnt started contract negotiations - Bullseye
2. We havnt gone back to him to start them - Bullseye
3. Hawthorn are the team who want him - Bullseye

Man up and stop being a lil bitch

Yeah I forgot that one. Sue me.

It still stands up though what im saying.

Lets put it this way. We won 1 flag with the best midfield combo in AFL history and had zero dynasty. Why do you think that was?
There are so many other factors that come into winning a flag and there is no formula. It's far too simplistic to just say 'no good KPFs = no flag' just as it is to say 'shit midfield = no flag'. Both happen.

Chad Fletcher, Rookie Draft
Daniel Kerr, pick 18
Matt Priddis, Rookie Draft
Elliot Yeo, pick 30
Luke Shuey, pick 18
Dean Kemp, pick 117

It's not impossible to get a good one outside the top 5

Even outside of our club there are plenty of examples (looking at the last decade of Brownlow winners):

Neale - 58
Fyfe - 20
Mitchell(T) - 21 (F/S)
Martin - 3
Danger - 10
Priddis - rookie
GAJ - 40 (F/S)
Mitchell(S) - 36, Cotchin - 2 (Watson - 40 F/S)
Swan - 58
Judd - 3

I mean the current crop (Bont, Petracca, Martin, Oliver, Parish, Walsh) are all high picks - but it isn't always that way.

Richmond before Lynch for sure now I think about it. Forgot the Ty Vickery days

I mean really thougj, We can really name 2 in the last 20 years at best and 1 that hasnt happened yet. Says alot Id have thought?

Oh we’re going back that far?

Geelong’s first flag came with a Mooney/Nathan Ablett pairing. Collingwood won with Cloke and Chris Dawes. Sydney had … Sam Reid and Goodes I guess? Hawthorn won two flags after Franklin left and Roughead only had Gunston as a sort of key forward. Even our pairing of Lynch and Hansen wasn’t exactly an AA combo.

I got 3 bullseyes not 1 mate

1. Hasnt started contract negotiations - Bullseye
2. We havnt gone back to him to start them - Bullseye
3. Hawthorn are the team who want him - Bullseye

Eh that's not anything special.

That is a typical situation that happens with un contracted players every year.

Hawks an easy guess with Mitchell and Hickmott at the hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh that's not anything special.

That is a typical situation that happens with un contracted players every year.

Hawks an easy guess with Mitchell and Hickmott at the hawks.

Except you said I was lieing at that exact timeas a flat out repsonse to that post? Then someone trawled up a Twitter post that said I was wrong and then low and behold AFL.com.au release a few articles that prove im correct and you cry about it

Apologise like a man

Oh we’re going back that far?

Geelong’s first flag came with a Mooney/Nathan Ablett pairing. Collingwood won with Cloke and Chris Dawes. Sydney had … Sam Reid and Goodes I guess? Hawthorn won two flags after Franklin left and Roughead only had Gunston as a sort of key forward. Even our pairing of Lynch and Hansen wasn’t exactly an AA combo.

But apart from all those examples it never happens Migs!?1?!?! :drunk:

His example incliudes one of the best footballers of all time in Adam Goodes and its a good example? Yeah okay

Yes because Goodes was a renowned FF/CHF who's reputation was formed by playing those positions 🤦‍♂️

Man wins a Brownlow but the drug addiction was a issue? Yeah okay

Thats a cop out for sure. The reason was Lynch and Hansen being passable and mediocre.
Let’s not rewrite history.
The great midfield and the club fell to pieces.
Judd, captain, and one of the great three, was hobbled with injury and went home to Victoria.
Cousins, former captain, dropped out of the game due to drug addiction.
Kerr, the last of the three, battled on on his own but also had drug and injury issues.
A number of role players were then exposed and dropped out. Fletcher, Chick, Hunter come to mind, probably others.
The wheels fell off completely. Club was in a dark place for a few years.

His example incliudes one of the best footballers of all time in Adam Goodes and its a good example? Yeah okay
The CHF for the Swans that year was Lewis Roberts-Thomson, not Goodes.

Regardless, 1st pick doesn’t seem to have anyone that’s a Dixon type anywhere near there in the rankings, Amiss may go top 10 but seems to be more of a lead up full forward. Are we that desperate that we go with Amiss (195cm) or whoever is the best 200cm forward, or do you think we will go with the best available in this case. I’m really attached to getting Matthew Johnson. (Assuming English isn’t available).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back