Toast Jacob Townsend Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the great stories in a season full of them for Richmond, will never forget his 6 goals against Freo and his crunching tackle on Matt Crouch that I think massively helped with the momentum shift midway through the second quarter onwards.

62 games in 10 years across 4 clubs shows he probably never cemented himself at the level, but when I think of him I think of someone who worked hard to get the most out of himself that he could, and he's got a premiership medal and life membership to boot.

Congrats Towna, and best of luck in what comes next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Life Member, Premiership Player, and for 6 weeks of the 2017 season, looked like a slim version of Tony Lockett. Enjoy retirement and thanks for the ride

I reckon he was as tough as any player I have seen play. The most brutal tackler within the rules I have seen for sure. Saw him do some x rated things to VFL players within the rules, quite apart from what he did in the AFL. I reckon he’d have helped Suns if they kept him around for one more year, but obviously list spots were tight.

Thanks for a great contribution to Richmond FC Townsend, well done on your career, you are rightly very proud. AFL AND VFL Premiership player.

Good luck as a carpenter. Like the Tigers, always build from the foundations up, not like Carlton or Geelong. 😁

Probably not happening but would love to see him back with our VFL team.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back