Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see a decision made.

Mind you the government doing it at 6pm on a Friday - seems consistent. The cynic suggests deliberate and nasty response from the government with the timing of the announcement.

Now Novax will appeal and might not get deported. A lot to play out still.

I know for a 100% fact, that in Canberra they deliberately do this from first hand experience.

If the Govt has cancelled his Visa ....and TA continue to allow him to play, all hell will break loose .....IMO Tilley's job is already gone
Given TA's incorrect advice he should fall on hid sword.

The qualifier given the #1 seeding will be happy with their draw.

If he wins, the taxpayer pays.

If he loses, Tennis Australia pays.

Either way, Australia now pays...
I dont think TA will be sued. No doubt they will have covered themselves with a disclaimer that all advice is not final and independent advice should be sought

Tilley will be sacked though.

Cost of prosecution to Government, meh, minimal in the scheme of things.

If he was vaccinated he would be playing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I dont think TA will be sued. No doubt they will have covered themselves with a disclaimer that all advice is not final and independent advice should be sought

Tilley will be sacked though.

Cost of prosecution to Government, meh, minimal in the scheme of things.

If he was vaccinated he would be playing.

The woman doubles player is currently seeking compensation & said she will sue if not suitable.

You don't think Novak would either?

The woman doubles player is currently seeking compensation & said she will sue if not suitable.

Who are they going to sue though?… Tennis Australia?.. possibly… wouldnt like his chances of TA inviting him back to the AO ever again if he did..

the Australian government?.. yeah, good luck with that!.. he lied on his entry visa documentation. Thats fraud.

he could return to Australia to go to court to sue the government and they might simply arrest him, charge him with fraud and place him in gaol until they organise a court date to try him for that fraud.

end of the day he is possibly facing three years away from the Australian Open.. pissing the government and the people of Australia off even further wont exactly help his cause in maybe having a decision like that overturned/relaxed and he being allowed back in next year..

Who are they going to sue though?… Tennis Australia?.. possibly… wouldnt like his chances of TA inviting him back to the AO ever again if he did..

the Australian government?.. yeah, good luck with that!.. he lied on his entry visa documentation. Thats fraud.

he could return to Australia to go to court to sue the government and they might simply arrest him, charge him with fraud and place him in gaol until they organise a court date to try him for that fraud.

end of the day he is possibly facing three years away from the Australian Open.. pissing the government and the people of Australia off even further wont exactly help his cause in maybe having a decision like that overturned/relaxed and he being allowed back in next year..
Tennis Australia as they provided incorrect advice.

If they didn't protect themselves so be it.

Their fault for giving incorrect advice without a proper disclaimer.

Stupidity really to leave themselves open like that.

If they didn't protect themselves so be it.

Their fault for giving incorrect advice without a proper disclaimer.

Stupidity really.

There has been plenty of stupidity by many parties throughout this messy saga.

Could all have been avoided with simple vaccination.

Our oosch has been told to cancel all excursions.
Sounds like a good idea keep them inside instead of out and about.
I bet the businesses are loving it too.
Would be better off having outside classrooms with good internet access.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid stupid stupid from the state government

if breaking bad taught us anything, it’s that half measures don’t work.

either school goes back, no muss no fuss

or school year for everyone is delayed by 2 weeks. You can easily make that back up during the year.

this half measure is ******* stupid. w***ers.

For a self proclaimed intellect and expert in workcover and people management, you don't seem to be able to understand or process anything you can't cut and paste out of Google.

so you can’t identify the risk that results in your negligence claim. It’s ok, I knew that as soon as I cornered you that you’d deflect.

Identify the risk that you’re controlling by allowing covid + nurses to practice whilst denying uninfected unvaccinated nurses. It’s pretty simple HIRAC. Surely you can do it, seeing as it’s such a passion.

Stupid stupid stupid from the state government

if breaking bad taught us anything, it’s that half measures don’t work.

either school goes back, no muss no fuss

or school year for everyone is delayed by 2 weeks. You can easily make that back up during the year.

this half measure is ******* stupid. w***ers.
Problem is then essential workers have to stay at home to look after their kids if you delay all going back to school... which causes major issues.

Get over it, if you are not vaccinated (unless medical reason) then you are a moron. Time for them to piss off. We don’t need them procreating either.

Choice comes with consequences. Deal with it.

No, they’re not morons. Simple reality is that the large majority will either be asymptomatic or experience mild symptoms. This hasn’t changed from the very beginning. Most anti-vaxxers will be fine. As will you and I both. It’s only the aged and compromised that are at risk of succumbing. Most anti-vaxxers aren’t in that category. And if they are, or anyone else is, then it’s on them.

it’s time to put to bed this idiotic idea that getting vaccinated benefits anything more than self.

No, they’re not morons. Simple reality is that the large majority will either be asymptomatic or experience mild symptoms. This hasn’t changed from the very beginning. Most anti-vaxxers will be fine. As will you and I both. It’s only the aged and compromised that are at risk of succumbing. Most anti-vaxxers aren’t in that category. And if they are, or anyone else is, then it’s on them.

it’s time to put to bed this idiotic idea that getting vaccinated benefits anything more than self.
More getting vaccinated would also help more elective surgery to occur.

Also, plenty of anti-vaxxers have died. There have been regular reminders of this from the USA... one was was posted in this thread this week.

so you can’t identify the risk that results in your negligence claim. It’s ok, I knew that as soon as I cornered you that you’d deflect.

Identify the risk that you’re controlling by allowing covid + nurses to practice whilst denying uninfected unvaccinated nurses. It’s pretty simple HIRAC. Surely you can do it, seeing as it’s such a passion.

There's only a couple of things that could have happened here.

You've sided with some moron about getting unvaccinated nurses back because someone who you think is on the other side of your political skew thinks they shouldn't be allowed back, and now you are stuck playing dumb.

Or you are actually have never had any idea what you are talking about.

I'm thinking option B.

Last edited:
He broke the law.

See, this is just a terrible take. He was literally cleared in a court of law.

The decision to deport him is 100% political.

Guess who said this the day before he arrived?

“That is a matter for the Victorian government. They have provided him an exemption to come to Australia, so we then act in accordance with that decision, and that's been happening for the past two years."

“That is a matter for the Victorian government. They have provided him an exemption to come to Australia, so we then act in accordance with that decision, and that's been happening for the past two years."
he was cleared in court on a technicality because the BF officers failed to allow him access to legal advice as per the correct procedure.

then after this ruling further information emerged, as it normally always does with lying bellends like Novax, which prompted the minister to cancel his visa.

looks like ol’ karma has come around to the self centred morons place and bitch slapped him.

lets see if his lawyers can get him out of this one.

I heard David Prince (Immigration Lawyer of some note) of Kinslor Prince Lawyers on the telly tonight and he doesn't agree with this. he basically said the only reason Joker was allowed to stay was on a procedural basis not being carried out correctly by Border Force Operators and the next appeal will be on different matters. he said the only problem he could see was it's likely to go before the same judge but he did say the Government lawyers will be far better prepared this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back