Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his documents are incorrect they are incorrect, can you imagine you’re average punter getting away with it?

Do the crime, do the time. But can you imagine the average punter’s movements actually being investigated? Just wouldn’t happen. Novax is an idiot though, did he not realise that his court action opened himself up to the kind of investigation of movement that the average entrant to the country wouldn’t get close to. What a schmozzle. Incompetence and arrogance everywhere.

Just as I said earlier today.

Nah, nothing political about this!

And the government reason for deporting Novax is because by him staying promotes “anti-vaccination”.

Well hello, on that basis we should find a way to deport Clive Palmer, Craig Kelly and George Christensen!

Last edited:

See that's what I don't get either.

How can I be a close contact if I spend time at someone's house sitting outside for a BBQ for 4hrs but I'm not a close contact if I spend 40hrs a week with someone in my office, sitting one desk away from them, sharing one kitchen and one toilet.

I don’t think you’re a close contact in the first example. Outside and non-household can’t make a close contact. Even the second example is arguable. 15 straight minutes of ‘close personal interaction’, that’s unlikely to happen in any modern office space.

That's rubbish according to David Prince who said the Government lawyers had reams of documents and paperwork that Joker's lawyers put up for the initial appeal which they needed to go through with a fine tooth comb in preparation for when no doubt Joker would appeal again...reckon David Prince might have a few more clues than a journalist from lefty media Michael West.com

This is this government we are talking about, not so competent government. The only reams of paperwork this government has is colour coded spreadsheets to assess which Coalition electorates get plenty of pork barrelling.

The decision by Alex Hawke made at 6pm on a Friday and not political? Please engage that grey matter in your head. It was political ffs to do so at that time.

Thing is there is no way to prove that a white lie on a form was intentional, or an honest mistake, and people make mistakes filling out forms all the time.

And Novax wouldn’t have held a pen to do anything other than sign an autograph or a friend/family birthday card throughout the last 20 years. And that’s being generous. H

People here are arguing that it was not political, I’m merely stating it was.

But the reason they’re arguing it isn’t political is they know deep down that something like this should never be, and they don’t want to admit that it was.

A government going out of its way to interfere with a judicial decision is tin-pot dictator stuff.

What’s more, the way they have done it, with purposeful malevolence to attempt to curtail Djokovic’s right of appeal, is grotesque.

This could not be worse for Australia’s international reputation.

Of course it was political.

The government thought it could initially blame it all on the Vics and TA however they aren’t the ones who allow people into the country. The government thought when they asked the Vics whether they would sponsor his visa, the dimwits probably thought the Vics would but lo and behold the Vics said go and shove it where the sun don’t shine, leaving the government needing to make a decision. Given the feeling in the public domain and being a transactional PM he thought he could make some political capital so they said cancel the same visa they approved back in November. Then Novax challenged it in a court of law, won and then the Minister took 5 days to come to a decision at the strange hour of 6pm on a Friday 🤔🤔🤔.

Political? 100%.

“There’s none so blind as those who will not see” is appropriate for the resident Coalition cheerleaders on here.

Not really related to this post, but there have been comments about public servants following processes in their work as a negative.

This case highlights why processes are standardised and the issues that can occur if they are not followed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That doesn’t illustrate the point you think it does. If the drone had an outcome imperative then this wouldn’t have occurred either. Fact is that politics got in the way so usual process or outcome oriented thinking was thrown out the window. Plus there’s also the factor of sheer incompetence which transcends either method. But in private enterprise it would only be FWA saving an incompetent’s bacon. In the PS the organisation ponders how it failed the employee.

I said this from the very beginning and got abused by one moron on here. He will and he will win, most likely an undisclosed amount.

No he won’t dip s**t. He was in based on the TA advice and that was supported by the Federal Court. TA can’t be held responsible for him providing false movement information on his application, their advice would have been totally unrelated to that.

Dumb fact with Grotto.
Grotto hasn’t the faintest idea about law. He is an idiot.

No he won’t dip sh*t. He was in based on the TA advice and that was supported by the Federal Court. TA can’t be held responsible for him providing false movement information on his application, their advice would have been totally unrelated to that.

Dumb fact with Grotto.
Grotto hasn’t the faintest idea about law. He is an idiot.

Each one of these is a crime in Australia

Lying on a legal immigration document
Arriving in Australia without a medical vaccination exemption for covid, even as an Australian citizen returning from overseas.
Falsifying covid testing records

How many things do we need to let him get away with?

People have and will continue to be deported of less and most things people are deported with aren't crimes at the border.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He broke the rules of entry knowingly, he's much more to blame than TA.

TA were off the hook the second the Federal Court decision came down. Every bit of advice provided by TA would be predicated upon him having not provided false information on his entry documentation.

Thinking TA are at risk based on information at hand is for the stupid.

lol.

I did it in Changi I was 12, I had 4 policemen come up to me with semi automatics. :drunk:

My parents thought it was funny.

everyone knows this is a lie. Why would you post such rubbish. 4 policemen did not do that and if they had, your parents would not have found it funny. Unless they’re demented, which I presume they are not.

We don't know this "as an absolute matter of fact", at all. In fact, from what I've seen it's pretty clear that it was an issue. The fact that someone else might have slipped through, in error, does not make Djokovic's exemption "matter of fact not an issue".

And Djokovic's recent statement that "it was just an admin error" is a further indicator. It's like he's admitting it was incorrect, but claiming it wasn't deliberate.

The court found there were procedural issues. Sort of like someone being detained by the police and not properly advised of their rights etc. It doesn't mean he "legally entered the country". In fact, if the BF staff had followed proper procedure, it's likely he would have lost the court case and be back in Serbia right now.

I think your view on this is heavily coloured by the fact that you probably don't agree with the rules/restrictions in the first place. Which is fine. But that's separate from the question of whether those rules were, or should be, properly and consistently applied.

Personally, I could care less if one unvaccinated tennis player enters the country, he's not going to send the population of Victoria into a COVID death spiral. But as long as I have to meet travel requirements, regardless of whether I might agree with them, then so does he.

I haven’t read the judgement, what’s the basis for the procedural issues being entirely contained within the BF process?

Raw cases over 5k today.

Had to chuckle at Marshall suggesting the rise is due to delays in processing PCR tests due to testing centre closures over hot days.

When you look at the number of tests done those days, the computations suggest no.

The decrase in testing levels on the hot days would only account for a few hundred given the infection rate.

Good spin though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No, we’d hit our peak. That’s what our infectious disease experts had told him. Trust the science, trust the dept of health. We’re in safe hands. Don’t touch that football.

you are a dead set idiot. He’s not getting deported due to TA advice, he’s being deported for incorrect disclosure on his travel documents.
Feel sad and empathy for you, the need to troll anonymously on line is strong in you, it defines you as a person.

Im sorry that your personal life is such that you experience zero happiness and feel the need to be angry so early on Saturday morning.

Cheer up, its a sunny day. More important things in life to enjoy and cherish.

For the record I never said that.

everyone knows this is a lie. Why would you post such rubbish. 4 policemen did not do that and if they had, your parents would not have found it funny. Unless they’re demented, which I presume they are not.
Wow. Just wow.

So I am a liar and now personal abuse again?

You need to another outlet in life to bring you happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back