Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, every ICU & HDU bed has ventilators.

Also, Non-Invasive ventilators in non-ICU/HDU wards.

My main concern is running out of beds/staffing.

You shouldn’t, sister in law works for dept of justice and has covid. Has a nurse calling her to ensure she’s ok and as she didn’t pick up, got a message saying she’ll call back the next day. Plenty of capacity if the govt can deploy nurses to contact employees who have contracted covid in their private lives.

Just relax, trust the system, trust the dept of health. We’re in good hands. Resources would all be 100% focussed on what’s important. They’ve got this.

No he won’t dip sh*t. He was in based on the TA advice and that was supported by the Federal Court. TA can’t be held responsible for him providing false movement information on his application, their advice would have been totally unrelated to that.

Dumb fact with Grotto.
Grotto hasn’t the faintest idea about law. He is an idiot.
Come on champ, youre better than this?

Dont resort to being so angry and twisted this early in the morning.

It is a beautiful day.

Round 2 of Child Care COVID bingo. Just got notified.

Thankfully things have changed.

Our son only in iso for 7 days, 4 days already served. Can do RAT. He tested negative.

And......drumroll....parents not considered close contacts.

Compared to last time far more sensible and workable.

No doubt changed in the lead up to kids going back to school.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

weird. If it was risk based decision making, wouldn’t it ramp up as the risk ramps up? It’s kind of like detensioning your seatbelt as your speed increases.

There's only a couple of things that could have happened here.

You've sided with some moron about getting unvaccinated nurses back because someone who you think is on the other side of your political skew thinks they shouldn't be allowed back, and now you are stuck playing dumb.

Or you are actually have never had any idea what you are talking about.

I'm thinking option B.

no, you made a claim about negligence. I’m asking you to explain how that would come about. It was your claim, not mine. Based on what would someone mount a successful negligence case against the state government for re-hiring unvaccinated nurses. It’s not a difficult question, you passionately stated this as a fact. You must have numerous grounds at hand. Avail me.

You should know he will say absolutely anything to back his beloved coalition to the hilt, even if we know it make no sense.

Of course it was no coincidence.

Just like the Crows announcing a new contract to cover up a poor performance.

This whole saga is a complete mess & it still hasn’t ended. No party has come away from this looking good.

he hates ScoMo, he’s attacking the coalition. How can you not see this.

Reading Hawke's reasons for cancelling visa, I reckon Novak may win.

His reasons are discretionary, not based on law ie incorrect info on documentation.

Novak is not a threat to the public. And yes he is dishonest, but publicly at least, no specific examples of lawfully deception.

Poorly done by the Minister IMO.

His reasons are discretionary, not based on law ie incorrect info on documentation.

Novak is not a threat to the public. And yes he is dishonest, but publicly at least, no specific examples of lawfully deception.

This is what I have been trying to tell you people.

Things that have emerged in the last 24 hours.

-Novak had a valid exemption — Hawke has admitted this
-Other players, coaches or officials (some sources say as many as nine) had the same exemption and were all allowed into the country and already participating in lead up tournaments/practice sessions — they have since been deported (wrongfully deported based on Hawke’s admission)
-Realizing they can’t win on the validity of Novak’s exemption, they have changed it to character grounds, arguing that Novak‘s presence here will stoke “anti-vax” sentiment.

Here’s a few more nuggets. Novak commented on vaccines in 2020, he was since allowed to compete in, and win, the 2021 Australian Open. Oops.

And one more thing. All week people were told to be angry that Novak had “lied” on his visa. But the government isn’t deporting him on those grounds because ticking a wrong box would never hold up in court. (Something else I said repeatedly on here).

It was manufactured outrage to turn Aussies against him. And it worked.

This is probably the clearest case of political persecution in the history of this country. Novak has made a mockery of state and federal government overreach for the last two years, up to and including ridiculous vaccine mandates.

And they have to stop him, at any cost, to prevent their entire ******* two year criminal edifice from completely collapsing. This is just sheer depravity from Morrison and his government.

They are not only deranged, but stupid, and putting all the chips on the table to save their own face.

These are literally the actions of tin-pot dictatorships.

-Other players, coaches or officials (some sources say as many as nine) had the same exemption and were all allowed into the country and already participating in lead up tournaments/practice sessions — they have since been deported (wrongfully deported based on Hawke’s admission)
-Realizing they can’t win on the validity of Novak’s exemption, they have changed it to character grounds, arguing that Novak‘s presence here will stoke “anti-vax” sentiment.

Here’s a few more nuggets. Novak commented on vaccines in 2020, he was since allowed to compete in, and win, the 2021 Australian Open. Oops.

And one more thing. All week people were told to be angry that Novak had “lied” on his visa. But the government isn’t deporting him on those grounds because ticking a wrong box would never hold up in court. (Something else I said repeatedly on here).

This is probably the clearest case of political persecution in the history of this country. Novak has made a mockery of state and federal government overreach for the last two years, up to and including ridiculous vaccine mandates.

And they have to stop him, at any cost, to prevent their entire ******* two year criminal edifice from completely collapsing. This is just sheer depravity from Morrison and his government.

They are not only deranged, but stupid, and putting all the chips on the table to save their own face.

He still lied on an entry form, which in itself is grounds for deportation.

But discretionary deportation in the absence of that used against him is dodgy.

He still lied on an entry form, which in itself is grounds for deportation.

But discretionary deportation in the absence of that used against him is dodgy.

Oh cmon.

This is a tennis mega star, arguably the greatest of all time, who has been travelling the globe for two decades, has come to Australia for the 18th consecutive January, you think in normal times any Australian government would give two shits about what boxes were ticked on his form?

It’d be a five minute fix at any other time in history.

The fact people latched onto this is an indication of how stupid Australians have become. They’d believe the moon was made out of cheese if the media told them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I *in love this thread!!…

Now we have Mutineer and Slippery Pete disagreeing and Slippery Pete and Kirky in agreement.

mutineer and I agreeing… and 1970crow?.. who ******* knows what he agrees or disagrees with!..

Its just *in brilliant!.. so many clashes of ideas and opinions.

As Jeff Fenech would say “luv youse all”.. and then, as john Elliot would say, “pigs arse!!”..

Oh cmon.

This is a tennis mega star, arguably the greatest of all time, who has been travelling the globe for two decades, has come to Australia for the 18th consecutive January, you think in normal times any Australian government would give two shits about what boxes were ticked on his form?

It’d be a five minute fix at any other time in history.

The fact people latched onto this is an indication of how stupid Australians have become. They’d believe the moon was made out of cheese if the media told them.
A legal document is a legal document. Plus he doesn't meet the vaccination criteria set out and he has fudged his pre flight covid tests. Anyone else gets deported for far less. Sorry he has to go. Your fan girling is embarrassing

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

One would seem to be getting that type of vibe.

Keep saying the level of incompetence from this government is bordering on the comical. A tv series in the making.

This is all about the current government imbeciles showing how they are tough on borders. Purely political because they think that this is the way to victory at the next federal election. They wanted to get the tough border issue up and running because they believe it will wedge the ALP.

This is seriously how deranged this mob are at the moment. It is like we are to forget all their *ups for the past 3 years, all their incompetence for the last 3 years.

They have no achievements of any value and so are trying to manufacture issues. It is seriously comical.

But what is more comical is the Coalition cheerleaders on here who actually can’t see it.

I hear people say “what good is the vaccine? Half the people in hospital are vaccinated.”

This helps you with the math.

"Half of the patients in ICU come from 6% of the population - those who are unvaccinated. 60% of deaths come from just 3% of the population - those over 50 who are unvaccinated" says Acting Health Minister Merlino.

I hear people say “what good is the vaccine? Half the people in hospital are vaccinated.”

This helps you with the math.

"Half of the patients in ICU come from 6% of the population - those who are unvaccinated. 60% of deaths come from just 3% of the population - those over 50 who are unvaccinated" says Acting Health Minister Merlino.

Very logical.

But this is the reason the general voting public can be so easily bought with a tax cut/bribe - because most people are generally stupid when it comes down to it.

Very logical.

But this is the reason the general voting public can be so easily bought with a tax cut/bribe - because most people are generally stupid when it comes down to it.
Everyone's stupid bar resident genius Kirky....yeah OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back