BBL The Challenger Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Sixers @ the SCG Weds Jan 26 1855 ACDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The great irony is Weatherald would have given the Strikers more than Head in this finals series and Carey was absolute balls in their most important game. Nielsen makes that stumping every single time.
Carey was also crucial in winning us the first final, which was also elimination. Not sure Weathers was capable of that innings based on his season to date. Very short memories on here.

Thornton's angled in thigh pad hit me ball to the short boundary was costly

Why wasn't he bowling tram line yorkers?

He bowled a full toss down leg earlier in the over that luckily didn't go for six too

Better question is why Siddle bowled himself out the over earlier when they needed a bucketload. Should have bowled the 19th

A batsman can retire any time they want. They really used the rules there. Wides were close things, could have gone either way.

The moral of the story, take your chances and you win comfortably.
If any side was going to do it you’d pick the Sixers. Pull that sort of gamesmanship and then complain about travel. Classic

Better question is why Siddle bowled himself out the over earlier when they needed a bucketload. Should have bowled the 19th
Renshaw on the commentary said something like he bowled the 18th because he had the shorter boundary on the batters leg side for the 18th, if he'd bowled the 19th the shorter boundary would be on the off-side, so he bowled the 18th.

Sounds like Henriques will play on Friday but will need to be replaced in the Australian t20 squad

What a shame. Should never have been picked anyway. Almost a good thing. Short or Sangha surely come in

He was lucky every ball wasn’t
They were swinging at everything, he did enough not to put it in the slot. That slower ball was out of character with the over.

Inexperience, Thornton and Conway put in a mighty effort to get us this far, but I feel Worrall and Agar would have been better under the circumstances tonight
Worrall is not a white ball bowler and Agar struggled this year

Thought those two have been great, just some execution errors tonight

Renshaw on the commentary said something like he bowled the 18th because he had the shorter boundary on the batters leg side for the 18th, if he'd bowled the 19th the shorter boundary would be on the off-side, so he bowled the 18th.

Surely as the best bowler and bare in mind he’s bowling yorker after yorker, he trusts his skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were swinging at everything, he did enough not to put it in the slot. That slower ball was out of character with the over.

If he’s bowling at the death it’s never ending well

He’s usually quite good to spinners, I thought that was a strength. Not willing to write him off based off one miss.
I personally thought he'd struggled to spinners from what I've seen of him in international matches, but you've probably seen more of him in FC cricket, so I'll take your word for it.

Back