Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Bailey Dale did a bit of damage in both games last year. Both him and Daniel need some focus but would prefer to see Turner sent to Weightman.

6 of his 10 goals have come from free kicks. One was an absolute gift from a team-mate.

But whatever, I'm not going to argue this extensively. Anyone who knows football knows that Larkey has been poor to start the season.

In what world is a key forward getting free kicks a bad thing.

It’s specifically what you want, a player who worries defenders enough to forget about the footy.

Corr BMac Perez
LMac Walker Sleevo
Taylor LDU Scott
JHF Larkey Ford
Turner Ziebell Curtis

Xerri Simpkin Greenwood

Goldy Mahony Young Atu

Sub: Goater
Don’t mind this at all

6 of his 10 goals have come from free kicks. One was an absolute gift from a team-mate.

But whatever, I'm not going to argue this extensively. Anyone who knows football knows that Larkey has been poor to start the season.
Everyone is entitled you their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Because this stat is wrong.

Only three of Larkey's goals have come from free kicks.

1. Vs Hawthorn, when he won a 3v1 ground ball contest on the wing, copped one high and then got a 50 when Mitchell mouthed off at the ump.

2. Vs West Coast when their kid defender dropped it, Larkey got the loose ball and the kid fell into his back.

3. Vs Brisbane, when Berry punched him, and then got the 50 for some off the ball shenanigans.

Perhaps you are counting marks as free kicks, too?

But irrespective of that, I'd like to know which of those goals shouldn't really count.

Call me Radical but I would play Turner up Forward on Caleb D.

Whether Sugar kicks a goal or not is not the issue but more to negate Daniels run and set up off their backline.

Anyway that cat Norton needs to be checked close. He’s likely to come out and kick 6 after doing not much lately.

The Bont is the biggest drama.
their, so far, goal kicking is the biggest worry…..they should have won most of their games if not for all their misses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knock it off. Were u one of the knobs who wanted ziebell dropped last week?
Probably and he should have been, but I also requested he be moved into the midfield and/or forward line if he had to play as Captain.

He played a great captains game, but we shouldn’t forget the 100 ordinary ones which came before it.

Everyone is entitled you their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Because this stat is wrong.

Only three of Larkey's goals have come from free kicks.

1. Vs Hawthorn, when he won a 3v1 ground ball contest on the wing, copped one high and then got a 50 when Mitchell mouthed off at the ump.

2. Vs West Coast when their kid defender dropped it, Larkey got the loose ball and the kid fell into his back.

3. Vs Brisbane, when Berry punched him, and then got the 50 for some off the ball shenanigans.

Perhaps you are counting marks as free kicks, too?

But irrespective of that, I'd like to know which of those goals shouldn't really count.
One of the best posters on ‘ere off the long run.

Mate, you know I respect you so this isn’t personal but bonar has only been really useful in defence. It appears that is his go, he hasn’t really shown he can accumulate the ball

Even then this much vaunted athleticism and speed I haven’t really seen. I mean to me he’s a third tall defender

Thanks mate. I know he’s a defender. I like him as a defender. My point was more about having a defender as a sub. IMO you want your sub to be someone to come on and have an impact going forward, not a lockdown backpocket.

Surely they will take people being hesitant to attend because of COVID into consideration as well as the fact people will go away for Easter after not being able to for 2 years.
Either way, and I know what you're saying, but we need to put in a good performance on the field, and as best we can, off it. We were crying out for marquee games, they finally relented and gave us Good Friday, but another shit performance/shit turn out, is just handing them more ammunition to take it off us.

Interesting that North is in the top half of the field for shots on goal. Especially given the Brisbane debacle, that suggests a fair bit is going right in the rest of the ground to create opportunities. Youd have to look more closely though to see if our % is low because too many shots are from unrealistic distances/angles.

Thanks mate. I know he’s a defender. I like him as a defender. My point was more about having a defender as a sub. IMO you want your sub to be someone to come on and have an impact going forward, not a lockdown backpocket.
Gotya

Either way, and I know what you're saying, but we need to put in a good performance on the field, and as best we can, off it. We were crying out for marquee games, they finally relented and gave us Good Friday, but another shit performance/shit turn out, is just handing them more ammunition to take it off us.
I am worried they will take the game off us as well but if we perform and their are reasons for a lower crowd than pre COVID, hopefully this year at least, they will be lenient.

Interesting that North is in the top half of the field for shots on goal. Especially given the Brisbane debacle, that suggests a fair bit is going right in the rest of the ground to create opportunities. Youd have to look more closely though to see if our % is low because too many shots are from unrealistic distances/angles.
not sure what you are looking at but we are second bottom for shots on goal.

I'm reading that to say we have the second fewest shots on goal. And the second highest "no scores", which is an unfortunate combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back