Autopsy Hinkleys hobos vs the oldest team in the universe

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly though when is enough enough with Hinkley. What is it 10 years now? I feel like majority of fans are now over it we want change but the because we have an idiot chairman we are stuck with Hinkley.

Never felt so disconnected from this club. Honestly feels like we will have Hinkley as our coach until we bottom out.

Weak administration and weak club, happy with the idea of being semi relevant and mediocre as long as we aren’t a basket case. As long as the sponsors are happy we are to. Weak clubs don’t win premierships.
But premierships don't seem to matter to Koch. We exist to beat up on the worst clubs, and boost the percentage of the good ones.

We can now only afford to lose 4 games for the year just to squeeze into the 8.

The club is kidding itself if it thinks Dixon is going to turn it around.

100% but really its more like 3 losses. 13-9 is 100 % guarantee spot in the 8.

weve missed finals before at 12-10.

both my points are kinda moot as we got no chance of making finals, we'll likely be 5-6 at the bye which would put us on track for 10-12.

Not angry. Not sad. Just bored.

Honestly though when is enough enough with Hinkley. What is it 10 years now? I feel like majority of fans are now over it we want change but the because we have an idiot chairman we are stuck with Hinkley.

Never felt so disconnected from this club. Honestly feels like we will have Hinkley as our coach until we bottom out.

Weak administration and weak club, happy with the idea of being semi relevant and mediocre as long as we aren’t a basket case. As long as the sponsors are happy we are to. Weak clubs don’t win premierships.

The most frustrating thing about this game was we brought out our slow, plodding, possession, inch our way up the ground gameplan that killed any chance of scoring, to play a cooked Geelong side as if they are peak Brisbane and current day Melbourne.

We eke out a tiny lead with an overwhelming amount of ball and then have no response if the opposition gets a run on for a few consecutive goals. Then the players throw in the towel because they know they can't catch up.

Madame Magda of the New Jersey boardwalk could have seen it coming in her crystal ball.

Eeverybody sees it but our Board and Executive who must think supporters are happy to sit through this uninspiring morass of unwatchable football every time we come up against a team the genius coach thinks are hard to beat.

Won't get fooled again ... and again ... and again ... and again ...

The most frustrating thing about this game was we brought out our slow, plodding, possession, inch our way up the ground gameplan that killed any chance of scoring, to play a cooked Geelong side as if they are peak Brisbane and current day Melbourne.

Madame Magda of the New Jersey boardwalk could have seen it coming in her crystal ball.

Eeverybody sees it but our Board and Executive who must think supporters are happy to sit through this uninspiring morass of unwatchable football every time we come up against a team the genius coach thinks are hard to beat.

Won't get fooled again ... and again ... and again ... and again ...
Personally I don’t think they have much understanding for the game or feel.

I remember Richo sitting near me when we lost at home to the Dogs a few years ago in the rain.

Supporters were not happy, he was oblivious to it all and the game style.

Their back line just dominated our forward line, not for the first time. It was very similar to that game we played against them at Metricon in 2020. They're too big, too strong and too good.

How many shots did we have all day that weren't from the boundary and/or 50+ metres out? Basically none.

We actually did well to score 47 points.

same

I haven't bothered to watch most games this year. The club simply doesn't respect its members.
We clearly don't know what's good for us, so we should stop whingeing and trust that the decisions made by those in charge are in the best interests of the club. In other news, I just saw a pig fly by my window.

Pretty boring game.

Most notable thing was the handful of players who had improved rapidly during the 'resurgence' appearing to revert to type.
Trademark response to playing a top 4 side. Trouble is this is half our team if not more

If we were going to win the game we needed to win in midfield and win well because their forward line had a huge advantage over our defence and their defence was always going to smother our forwards.

As it turned out we lost midfield and lost badly. There was just no initiative from our players - most times there was a loose ball to be won the first player to it was a Geelong player. In the rare occasions where we got first hands to the ball the Geelong opponent was right on our arse and often the resulting clearance was a hack kick that went 20-30m straight up in the air.

Hayes was given a lesson in terms of hunt and ground level competitiveness. Basically broke even in the hitouts but Blicavs had a field day when the ball hit the ground. Rozee and Butters outbodied and outhunted by bigger opponents. Wines and Boak battled but were chief culprits of the hack kick. SPP was nullified by Blicavs at ground level when he was doing his cameo ruck roles.

Rozee and Butters both being small midfielders is concerning for the future and it is particularly problematic when you play these bigger bodied midfields like Geelong. Maybe having one of them is fine but both at the same time is ineffectual.

All things considering I thought the defence was passable and that saved us from being completely blown out of the water. Houston was superb and Burton ad Clurey did reasonably jobs.

Seems like a blessing that I didn’t see one second of this game. Travelling around the Riverland visiting a couple of distilleries/breweries/wineries.
The closest I got to being interested was when my mate asked me if I was interested in knowing the score. I said not really but ended up seeing the 3/4 time score through the AFL app.

WATCH: Port youngster tries to smash Joel Selwood into next week

This would have been a classic shoulder to shoulder bump if the little ducking weasel didn't try to go underground. Jones almost paralysed him because duckflog's only game is to try and deliberately get smacked in the head. Enjoy your CTE in retirement you disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've woken still depressed.

I knew in 2020 had we copped Geelong in the GF we would've been thrashed, but last year in the QF it felt like we'd finally clearly passed them. With the key players we were missing yesterday it was always going to be tough down in Geelong, but the way we were just outmuscled, and continually lost the scramble ball, demonstrated my exact concern for this team that they just aren't good enough and hard enough in key moments and never will be. It is why we will never win a premiership with the current group.

Had we won yesterday, we were a sneaky chance still for top 4, and it would've been real proof we are actually a contender, but yesterday was the final proof I needed to see to know that even now while we're up and about on a 4 game winning streak, we do not have the capability to win these games against the best, and we will not challenge for a flag.

Part of me is disappointed that the final tiny little opening on that door has finally fully closed, but the other part still thinks hell let's still try and make the finals purely for the development of our younger generation.

The big caveat on it all though is Hinkley. He must be sacked at the end of this year. How do we get that to happen if we make the 8? I'm not sure. Does the club have the gumption to make the right call? I just don't think our spineless group of leaders have it in them. And that probably depresses me more than anything!

Now 1-4 against the current top eight, with the win by one point in a swamp.
And we only won because the Saints' goal kicking was about as reliable as some of the recent election promises.

Their back line just dominated our forward line, not for the first time. It was very similar to that game we played against them at Metricon in 2020. They're too big, too strong and too good.

How many shots did we have all day that weren't from the boundary and/or 50+ metres out? Basically none.

After half time Scott dominated Hinkley, a few changes by Scott with no answer from Hinkley.

Hinkley is Scott's bitch without a doubt.

Yesterday reminded me a lot of 2015 when Port played Geelong mid-year with high expectations to revive the season, laid an egg and the rest is history. Same thing happened yesterday. If Port had won they would have been back at 5-5 with all expectations being to make finals with a likely belief that they could still go deep in September. But when the pressure was on, the team crumbled just as they so often have under even the slightest of expectations under Ken's tenure as coach.

The most frustrating thing for me was that as the pressure was amped up by Geelong, the players resorted to the default bomb it into the forward 50 without actually looking for a target. They've learned absolutely nothing over the last month and yesterday reaffirmed that notion.

Two games against Richmond, Sydney, Geelong again, Freo in Perth, and Melbourne in the NT. They can only lose 3 more games this year to have any chance of making the finals. I see them losing at least 4 of the aforementioned games. And if they were to miss finals this year one can only assume that Hinkley will finally be gone.

We scored 33 of those points in the first half and held a narrow lead thanks to straight kicking.We only added 14 points in the second half from a paltry 4 scoring shots. When the heat was turned up in the second half we were nowhere to be seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back