Recommitted Lachie Neale [OOC 2023 - Will honour his contract]

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Brisbane get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The animosity from some of the brissy supporters is unreal. You guys have short memories. If I remember correctly, Brisbane came hard after a CONTRACTED Lachie Neale in 2018 because they thought he was “gettable.”

Now Lachie approaches Freo about a homecoming and somehow Freo are the bad guys.

Pot. Kettle.

Agreed. Every team has done it and does it. Anyone who gets annoyed is a hypocrite. if any of the King brothers approached Brisbane about wanting to go there, they would be fizzing themselves trying to get him regardless of contract status.

Will certainly be a bit of a problem. I'm sure they can invent stupid trade hypotheticals and talk about the same old sh*t though... they'll sell the ad space regardless.
What drives me completely barmy is they never ever get called out for making s**t up.

Like only he can!

Nah, he has been superseded by Rendell
🤮
Cant stand him one bit.
Wasn’t he one of those that came out and said that he wouldn’t draft an indigenous player if they didn’t have a white parent?
Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

Was a lot of chat around that a move to Freo was back on the cards again this year.

Not now.

Was a lot of chat around that a move to Freo was back on the cards again this year.

Not now.

Not sure Freo would have been that desperate to get him anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was realistically no chance of him getting back to WA even if he wanted to. Seems to still hate wce from his freo days and He's about to be a 2x brownlow medallist and would cost a s**t ton more than freo would be willing to pay for a 30yo.

Everyone would be happy when an elite rated player walks to their club for cheap because they are OOC...
Yeah of course but I wouldn't want him under contract, I think most Freo fans agree with em on this

it was half a reply to the comment above me saying Freo fans didn't want him back, it was true with the exception of the OOC at end of 23

Not now.

Thank god for that ! Lets move on . Anyone got Zurhaar's number ?

Not sure Freo would have been that desperate to get him anymore
Wouldn’t they? They played the long game last offseason because I guess they thought they were a longer term project and wouldn’t be competing for a flag in the next year or two, so they were happy to go back to the draft. But in the end they’ve proven they’re good enough to win a flag this season, and they’ll be up there again for a few more cracks. I think in hindsight they’d have loved to get Neale, who’d be their best midfielder and would take the best midfielder off one of the other flag contenders.

Wouldn’t they? They played the long game last offseason because I guess they thought they were a longer term project and wouldn’t be competing for a flag in the next year or two, so they were happy to go back to the draft. But in the end they’ve proven they’re good enough to win a flag this season, and they’ll be up there again for a few more cracks. I think in hindsight they’d have loved to get Neale, who’d be their best midfielder and would take the best midfielder off one of the other flag contenders.

Youre right , And I'm sure any team would love to have Neale, but like most of our dream's it all comes down to cost. To me , Neale is like that
HQ Monaro I used to own.. sold it dirt cheap and have regretted it ever since. :(

Youre right , And I'm sure any team would love to have Neale, but like most of our dream's it all comes down to cost. To me , Neale is like that
HQ Monaro I used to own.. sold it dirt cheap and have regretted it ever since. :(
I reckon if Neale were in the guts for Freo he’d turn an above average midfield into borderline best in the comp, and combined with that elite defence, would form the league’s best side

I reckon if Neale were in the guts for Freo he’d turn an above average midfield into borderline best in the comp, and combined with that elite defence, would form the league’s best side

Please stop it.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Back