Recommitted Lachie Neale [OOC 2023 - Will honour his contract]

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Brisbane get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah true. I guess that increases the chance he stays. This will be an interesting one if he pushes ahead with a trade request.
Theres no win for Brisbane imo, They don't want to let him go because they don't like the idea of losing players to "go home" factor, but i don't think they want to hold a player against there will, Freo atleast get to say they lured a brownlow medalist to their club if it happens

CASE CLOSED, Best for both clubs imo

Absolutely.

I reckon there is a strong likelihood Brisbane would have said; "Ok, we can get our head around trading you, but we will want the absolutely max from Freo."

Freo decided they were not going to sell the farm for someone who whilst is a gun, isn't the right age or fit for them and it was going to be a difficult/impossible trade to work out, hence here we are.

Best outcome for the clubs, unfortunately for the Neale's they won't get what they want but can console themselves with plenty of cash and great weather for a couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely.

I reckon there is a strong likelihood Brisbane would have said; "Ok, we can get our head around trading you, but we will want the absolutely max from Freo."

Freo decided they were not going to sell the farm for someone who whilst is a gun, isn't the right age or fit for them and it was going to be a difficult/impossible trade to work out, hence here we are.

Best outcome for the clubs, unfortunately for the Neale's they won't get what they want but can console themselves with plenty of cash and great weather for a couple of years.
He didn't fit Freo's age bracket either, Freo are an up and coming club they shouldn't be going for someone in there late 20's

So i think its fair to say Neale never wanted to leave but was considering what was best for family, Good that they have decided to tough it out, only two years can go to wa after

Back