Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have loved to see them play him as a sub for the last game of the year to get the lad some confidence back. If they think this is whats best for him so be it. Will be back stronger than ever ready to go next year!

Pardon the intrusion.

Just wanted to wish the young lad all the best with his recovery.

I had glandular as an adult and it took me over two years to start doing regular exercise again (and nowhere near my previous levels). It can be a very crippling and mentally challenging illness and recovery that feels like it's not going to end. Sensible move by the club to shut him down and let him really recover properly. If you try and push through it, it just gets worse and delays your recovery.

All the best Will.

Will Phillips
Ben Cunnington
George Wardlaw

All new recruits in 2023

Very disappointing but I feel it's the right call.

Hopefully he'll be cherry ripe for preseason and be able to start hitting his straps in 2023.

I can't wait to see him racking up 25+ possession games for us - will be a revelation.

Devastated for the kid. When they said he had glandular fever it was my biggest worry. It really knocks you around.
Fingers crossed a bit of rest and his body comes right for next year.

There are rumors that he wants out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anyone else wanna leave in this conga line exodus?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are rumors that he wants out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is just simply bullshit. I don’t know where the * this rumour is coming from but it’s not worth posting.

Firstly he hasn’t been able to get on the park. And second his trade value is at an all time low. Whoever is feeding you this is taking the piss out of you mate.
I mean he’s contracted for another 2 years ffs

Last edited:
It’s bullshit. I don’t know where the * it’s coming from.
Firstly he hasn’t been able to get on the park. And second his trade value is at an all time low. Whoever is feeding you this is talking absolute s**t.
I mean he’s contracted for another 2 years ffs

Plus there is absolutely no reason why he would want out.

We've done everything possible to make him happy from day 1, and he's been unwell. It happens.

Just unlucky imo, plus we have a team that needs all the talent that it can get he will be afforded every opportunity when he's ready.

100% heard this as well, and not from a fb rumour site either.

Apparently he blames Nobes for the re-contraction of G fever due to Nobes giving the players a “spray” in the locker rooms at training.
He was there that day and in the line of fire so to speak!!

Spit can carry germs you know!!!

Apparently he blames Nobes for the re-contraction of G fever due to Nobes giving the players a “spray” in the locker rooms at training.
He was there that day and in the line of fire so to speak!!

Spit can carry germs you know!!!
Haha, na he wasn’t happy long before contracting GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back