Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think its more how the charges are framed in the first place. They probably need to remove the 'bump' aspect of it an make it generalised.
That's how he got off isn't it, arguing it didn't qualify as a bump?
I don't think the issue is with "bump" being part of the laws. With the caveat that I haven't pored over the transcript, my read of the afl.com.au story is that the issue was that the thesis that it was a bump was not raised and explored in the hearing, e.g. in the form of questioning Cripps on his decision to bump. But then Gleeson raised the thesis of the bump in his summing up of the case — or maybe in his communication and justification of the outcome. This is a failure of legal process.

"In the absence of Mr Cripps even being asked if he bumped his opponent … the chairperson (Jeff Gleeson) later postures, 'Can you bump and contest the ball at the same time?'

"(The jury was told to consider) a thesis that the chairperson has suggested rather than what the evidence has shown.

"Then it came out of the jury room as a finding.

"There's no basis in the open hearing for the Tribunal's determination that Cripps' conduct was a bump, especially in light of the Tribunal's declaration this was a genuine contest.

"The tribunal's decision is infected with error and is so unreasonable it requires reversing."

Basically, Gleeson screwed up big time — so much so that those of us inclined to entertain conspiracy theories might be tempted to feel that everything unfolded according to plan.

And my mate wanted Suns to pick Max King over Rankine

And he keeps bagging me out for suggesting Rankine will be better.

How those tables are turning

Can’t believe we have to barrack for Carlton and Collingwood this weekend
This is sickening
I feel ill 🤮

I don't mind barracking for Collingwood - never have.

Carlton on the other hand.... Bunch of campaigners. Glad Steven O'Reilly blew the whistle on those cheating scum

Finish 5th and get the Dogs @ home for a decent shot at a finals win then a punchers chance against Mel/Pies @ the G wouldn’t be the worst outcome for us

Bit of energy from the doggies wouldn’t go astray

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halfway through the 3rd quarter and Bulldogs/GWS is 25-23 and it is being played under the roof. WTF is going on?
The Giants are playing such a bland, conservative, boring style of footy.
North and Adelaide is more entertaining

Halfway through the 3rd quarter and Bulldogs/GWS is 25-23 and it is being played under the roof. WTF is going on?

Man did this game explode into life. From 4 goals to 3 halfway through the quarter to 8 goals each at 3/4 time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back