Review Dees v the Carlton Tribunal Busters - the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

You must love cleaning the toilet.
Na, I hated the game... typical Melbourne 2022 style match. Did my head in as well. The end didn't make it worth it, but f- it was satisfying.

Old mate with the 3v1 to ice the match and falcons it out of bounds. Amazing.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-18-gif.1476087

I always love to watch Carlton lose. But by less than a goal in the last 15 seconds. That was gold!!! Thank you Demons and enjoy the win. Extremely valuable for you guys.

Amazing. Reminds me of when we beat them in 2014 they showed celebrations of our cheer squad with the giant Paul Roos head cut out bobbing around before cutting to a seething Malthouse in the box.

Last 2 minutes Gawn bombs long to a 4 on 2 that Melksham somehow wins, Viney misses ANB 20m in space dead in front then 40 seconds to go Hunt bombs long to a 3 on 1 with Brown and the Carlton blokes decide to head it over the line.

We literally couldn't have been any shitter and still won the match. No wonder we suck in close games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An irrelevant and pointless stat that just blew my mind: Jack Newnes was the most experienced player on the ground today in terms of AFL games played

Good: lesser players like Melksham and Hunt played well.
Bad: Good players like Langdon, Fritsch and Spargo were well off their best.
Ugly: BF servers when carlton fans cracked the shits.

Appalling game honestly. Did not deserve to win that and good lord, any danger of having a single alternate strategy coming out of the backline then kick it long down the wing and hope gawn marks it? Only counted 40 of them tonight.

Besides that, outstanding win from the brink, was losing my head at the ground in the final 30 seconds. Proper finals atmosphere even with only 55k there.
We seemed to take every wrong decision with the footy, yet we hung in all game.
Carlton seemed more relaxed and they played attacking footy to our over defensively-minded footy.

We still couldn't, just get the ball away from defences contests, to an outrider... the little handball gives to still within the contested area, nearly cost us dearly.

Last 2 minutes Gawn bombs long to a 4 on 2 that Melksham somehow wins, Viney misses ANB 20m in space dead in front then 40 seconds to go Hunt bombs long to a 3 on 1 with Brown and the Carlton blokes decide to head it over the line.

We literally couldn't have been any shitter and still won the match. No wonder we suck in close games.
An that's me giving the benefit of the doubt that we set up with extras in the corridor and Levers kick was ment to go into the middle when that could have been a pure fluke aswell

Not wrong. Even Carlton somehow missing a 15m pass on the wing to Saad with a minute on the clock. Probably game over if it gets to him on the full & he can chew up his time and find another uncontested mark.

2 of the most blunderous minutes you'll ever see.

Not wrong. Even Carlton somehow missing a 15m pass on the wing to Saad with a minute on the clock. Probably game over if it gets to him on the full & he can chew up his time and find another uncontested mark.

2 of the most blunderous minutes you'll ever see.
Yep, run anyone of those scenarios again 99x and we probably lose all of them lol

Almost feel bad for that chick lol reminds me of us after the pies game in 2017
A Carlton bloke said to me that Carlton needed to win that more than Melbourne to make the finals, it's been 9 years. I mentioned how we had to go through the same pain against Collingwood which ironically they will have to face as well. Will be a long wait for Sunday and Bulldogs play only an hour earlier.

An that's me giving the benefit of the doubt that we set up with extras in the corridor and Levers kick was ment to go into the middle when that could have been a pure fluke aswell
We did set up with at least one extra in the corridor at that boundary throw in -- think it was Salem. But I reckon Lever's kick was a miskick.

Apparently we studied last week's finish all week :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back