List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chugg. Wilson. Madgen. Roughy. And if Grundy or/and Poulter leave?
Can add in one of the browns if necessary.
You dont have to select 3 players at the draft. Just use three picks. You can select 2 plus upgrade a rookie (noble)
if we say Chugg Madgen Roughy and Poulter and bring the 3 from other clubs in. We are still at 42. Would need another 2-3 off. As for Grundy I am not including him because if he does go I am expecting to replace him with someone better than the 3 players mentioned that we look like bringing in.

if we say Chugg Madgen Roughy and Poulter and bring the 3 from other clubs in. We are still at 42. Would need another 2-3 off. As for Grundy I am not including him because if he does go I am expecting to replace him with someone better than the 3 players mentioned that we look like bringing in.
This off-season will be ruthless for list cuts.

If Hill, Taranto, Frampton and McStay are the ins,

Then the outs will be at least 7.

Carmichael would replace chugg on the rookie list
Noble replaces roughy on the senior list
There is a rookie spot open. Could delist and rookie one of those on the senior list to open up a senior spot.

Wilson would only make way for a cat B rookie, if we can get one or both of our NGA prospects through to the rookie draft, if we both either or both (there are two cat b spots open with Keane gone)
Madgen for McStay
Poulter (if he goes/not offered a contract) for Hill
Grundy only if we get Taranto

Then deal with the draft.

What to do with WHE?

Mihocek and Elliott will be 33 and 32 respectively going into the 2025 season. Both have huge hearts, so you would be foolish to ever write them off.

Back in the here and now - I believe Brody will appreciate the off season to freshen up, and Jamie is in very good nick. But some of us can drop off quite sharply post 29.

We just re-signed Billy for three years, so if he’s near retirement that’s a concern.

I don't think we looked second rate today. We were beaten by a better side by 4 goals on their home deck with flu and injury affecting us. We attacked relentlessly in the last thirty minutes for no reward. Second rate is what Hawthorn and Essendon were this weekend.

Figure of speech. We certainly didn’t look our usual standard.

There is a rookie spot open. Could delist and rookie one of those on the senior list to open up a senior spot.

Wilson would only make way for a cat B rookie, if we can get one or both of our NGA prospects through to the rookie draft, if we both either or both (there are two cat b spots open with Keane gone)
Madgen for McStay

Your spot on. Just need to add some more delistings for the number of draft spots we want and perhaps Frampton. Would think Kelly might be in trouble if that’s the case.

Poulter for Frampton could be a direct swap at this rate, although Poulter had some more than decent passages yesterday in the VFL.

Your spot on. Just need to add some more delistings for the number of draft spots we want and perhaps Frampton. Would think Kelly might be in trouble if that’s the case.

Kelly should be in dire trouble regardless.

I've been told he will get a new contract. But things could change. But our lack of talls may save him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Madgen for McStay

What to do with WHE?
If we won the premiership, I imagine a few of our issues would be solved.

He signed during 2020 while not producing
He signed the January of 2020. The summer before the pandemic season. You only need to go to his Twitter account and see his pinned tweet.

Really not sure why people are having such a hard time with this simple fact.

He signed the January of 2020. The summer before the pandemic season. You only need to go to his Twitter account and see his pinned tweet.

Really not sure why people are having such a hard time with this simple fact.

Coming off a year he won the copeland trophy 2 years running.
There was a lot of pressure to sign him before the start of the 2020 season.

Where the hell is this speculation we're interested in Frampton coming from? I haven't seen it anywhere except this thread.
Rumour started on the Adelaide board, I believe.

Sydney much better team than us, and they just draft good.

Can anyone remember the last time they didn’t draft a FRP?

2020- McDonald, Campbell (gulden -32)
2019 - Stephens
2018 - Blakely
2017 - Ling (made up for it with T.Mccartin & Amartey)
2016 - Florence & Hayward
2015 - mills
2014 - Heeney

I’ve just named 8 first round picks who are playing for them. Only 1 miss (Ling).

Even the players that left brought them great value (Hewett, Jones, S.Murray).

We have to build through the draft.
Any idea how many of these players were gifted to the Swans via their academy?

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back