Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Semi Final - Demons v Lions Fri Sept 9th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 52 28.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nup, but they're definitely the shortest running Dynasty.
You obviously aren't old enough to recall the twelve months of torture handed out by St Kilda supporters throughout 1966/67, when they trumpeted an awesome dynasty to come. It was hideous. Don't feel bad about not remembering that clown show. Very few do. You'll be pleased to know that I have more class than to dredge this up as any opportunity fails to arise.

Take it on the chin mate. You made a bad call and now you should front up and cop it. Kudos for you for showing up though.
I’ll cop it, we were *en awful but you were very very good. Disciplined and organised. I hope you bring it against Geelong, I’d love for you to make and win a GF.

More than happy to discuss the game as well, but happening. Big for the Lions, awful for Melbourne. Oh well.

Last edited:
Denigrate? Just the facts my man.
Why would it count for less when each team played every other team once, rather than the usual - highly inequitable - draw where you play only 6 teams twice? And why would shorter quarters count for less when every team plays under the same rule set?

The only reasons for an asterisk would have been if a QLD or SA team won, or if teams were missing their best players due to covid.

Don’t ever change, Cats fans lolol

It's a sh*t prelim, from a neutral's perspective. I couldn't care less, about highest scoring teams.
I agree. I can think of nothing worse than seeing our game played at the highest standard possible. All of those miraculous goals make me vomit through unutterable boredom. It was for this reason I refused to watch last year's GF - far too much excitement. I now understand why you follow North.

And if the cats are dumped out next week.....

Papa G , there will be an AFL investigation about it. Just like in 2006

Makes it even tougher ask for you guys tonight. 80k Collingwood supporters and 1 Matt Stevic makes it a very tough task. Next weeks Prelim is played in Sydney so Dan won't completely demand a Collingwood victory, but it will still be implied.

I’m still buzzing from last night what an amazing game from the Lions

Berry was massive in the 2nd half on Oliver

Neale broke he’s tag and continued to move the ball forward

Hipwood was awesome on May

Zorko showed great leadership last night continued to be booed but played a great game

Never been so embarrassed to follow a football team. I guess when the AFL picks their team for a year they stick with it.

Yeah, because if they AFL was in the business of engineering its preferred results, it would move heaven and earth to avoid a 95,000 crowd at the MCG for the preliminary final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would it count for less when each team played every other team once, rather than the usual - highly inequitable - draw where you play only 6 teams twice? And why would shorter quarters count for less when every team plays under the same rule set?

The only reasons for an asterisk would have been if a QLD or SA team won, or if teams were missing their best players due to covid.

Don’t ever change, Cats fans lolol
Compromised season = compromised cup.

Instead of lol’ing, maybe go and actually read the rules - they are freely available online
Read my other post, it's either incorrect disposal (as part of the tackle) or throwing the ball - as any intentional one handed release of the ball is adjudicated. Reports it was deliberate out of bounds anyway, so it's a moot point.

Be clear. You cannot deliberately release the ball onto the ground.

Also the only fan base to vote for a merger.
Yeah? And you’ve won one flag since 1954 and we’ve won one since 1964. Your club was struggling as well, I remember Eddie going n the footy show buying a membership and pledging support for your club because you were on your knees.

Honestly, WB fans shouldn’t be throwing stones. Your last GF effort was beyond embarrassing.

Max Gawn toweled how by the villain from home alone - you hate to see it.

Oliver toweled up by Berry and threw a tantrum that he was getting rolled - you hate to see it.

Back