Recommitted Jack Graham [staying]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahaha what a laugh this thread is

- Graham has "no hardness or defensive game" ..... literally what hes known for

- Graham is "a butcher" .... literally been called our best inside 50 kick by Jack Riewoldt

Stay clueless oppo fans, especially you cats fans coming in here like you have a single clue

How is that a troll. He's fringe. Arguably Atkins would be if he was on your list as well.
* Referring to Tom Atkins

Yes. Not as hard as Atkins but also more skilled than Atkins. Main issue he is vanilla with no stand out qualities.

Not sure why Richmond supporters are getting upset over a fringe/depth midfielder. Not every player can be a star
When Atkins plays out a Prelim with a dislocated shoulder I'll let you compare his degree of 'hardness' to Graham's.

I'll agree that he's no star, but he is an important player and plays his role for the side. Principally he is one of the reasons that we've managed to be a side that isn't great with clearances but manages to win a fair degree of second possession from contest due to his tackling numbers.

Spent most of this year either injured or being played off the half forward flank due to the lack of pre-season but for what's being bandied around I would not want to lose him unless he was desperate to go.

X plays a certain role - defensive forward mid. Runs hard to contests and to set up plays (attacking and defending). No stats for a lot of that. But he is clearly one of the best defensive runners in eh AFL, as in top 5. So because he isn’t a stat padder he is worth peanuts?

You have just described Alex Neal-Bullen.

The reality is hard working vanilla players are worth peanuts, whether they pad stats or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth a pick in the late 30s at most solid player nothing special Lipinski a reasonable comparison
Lipinski spent most his time playing in the VFL and was very much a fringe player. Jack Graham is a highly valued role player who is one of the hardest working players in the comp and has been touted as a future captain.

People underrate players like Jack Graham because most of their work goes unseen by the average footy punter.

Isn't he just a similar version of William Drew? I certainly don't think Port need both unless they are just planning to push Drew out of the best 22.

Lipinski spent most his time playing in the VFL and was very much a fringe player. Jack Graham is a highly valued role player who is one of the hardest working players in the comp and has been touted as a future captain.

People underrate players like Jack Graham because most of their work goes unseen by the average footy punter.
Lipinski was stuck behind Bont, Macrae, Liberatore, Dunkly, Smith Graham was keeping who out of the team? Graham would be similar if he was in a team with a better midfield which is exactly why he's moving now Hopper and TT are coming

Lipinski was stuck behind Bont, Macrae, Liberatore, Dunkly, Smith Graham was keeping who out of the team? Graham would be similar if he was in a team with a better midfield which is exactly why he's moving now Hopper and TT are coming
Graham's not a centre square mid though. His role is as a high half forward coming up to provide an extra number defensively at the contest so the likes of Bolton and Martin can push forward without worrying about what their direct opponent is doing.

Graham's not a centre square mid though. His role is as a high half forward coming up to provide an extra number defensively at the contest so the likes of Bolton and Martin can push forward without worrying about what their direct opponent is doing.
Exactly he plays a fairly easy role that isn't valuable at all. He doesn't do anything you can't get someone else to do other than effort

Exactly he plays a fairly easy role that isn't valuable at all. He doesn't do anything you can't get someone else to do other than effort
Not valuing that role is exactly why the Dogs have underperformed with the list they have.

It's not easy at all. It requires a high-endurance hgih-character player. Blokes like Lambert and Graham are revered at Richmond.

You have just described Alex Neal-Bullen.

The reality is hard working vanilla players are worth peanuts, whether they pad stats or not.

How many vanilla players kick 3 goals from the guts and tag the brownlow favorite to near nothingness? In first season..

The prelim from two years later was handy too.

I advise you to find a non Richmond fan, that watches all (afl) games (some of these people do exist gos bless them) and ask about JGTI last couple seasons. I tried it, found it illuminating

Last edited:
Isn't he just a similar version of William Drew? I certainly don't think Port need both unless they are just planning to push Drew out of the best 22.
Drew actually plays in the midfield though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back