List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

GC list manager on Ben Long, had discussion today with St Kilda but we still have a bit of work to do on that. Hope we are driving a hard bargain.

Cant see why anyone would want to go to north,except for the $,they are going to be very poor side again and in the future.Does HC just looking for the money go imo no

What's the deal with Acres? Just read Freo will deal him to Carlton for a future third, so basically nothing. Is he that bad? Thought he was good for them in the finals.
Traded twice for a packet of chips.

One club not valuing makes sense. Two clubs not valuing him and I think the obvious conclusion is that he may not actually be that good.

GC list manager on Ben Long, had discussion today with St Kilda but we still have a bit of work to do on that. Hope we are driving a hard bargain.
They probably offered a third. We want their early second.

Why?? North want him badly enough then they can pay overs. Hes a contracted player that we aren't looking to ship out.
Why? Because I think that the best value we could get for him.

Easy to just say if they want him so badly they just need to pay up. Why don't we demand pick one then?

8 for Clark is well overs for a player that hasn't been on the park a lot for 2 years and career has stagnated a little.

I'm happy for him to stay. North probably are too if they have to over pay for him.

If we really want another top 10 pick the ball is in our court as much as it is in North's. We either hold onto Clark or give something else to come to the party to get that pick.

I reckon we'd probably have to give up something along with Clark to get pick 8

Maybe the Long pick
Well no deal. Why should we give away a player who the majority want to keep AND is contracted for nothing but overs?

Nothing fair about this trade. If he wants to go next year well yes, but he is contracted.

Personally I would prefer he stay and have a long career with the Saints. Pick 8 would be absolute minimum in my book.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well no deal. Why should we give away a player who the majority want to keep AND is contracted for nothing but overs?

Nothing fair about this trade. If he wants to go next year well yes, but he is contracted.

Personally I would prefer he stay and have a long career with the Saints. Pick 8 would be absolute minimum in my book.
Because we aren't the list managers. What the majority of us think means nothing to them.

Hope we do keep him, like I've been saying all along.

But if we really do want a top 10 pick I don't see it getting done without adding more to the trade unfortunately

Saints on Hill, Clark, De Goey​

St Kilda list manager James Gallagher says running machine Bradley Hill is still a required player despite interest from clubs including North Melbourne.

"We haven't had any communication from North Melbourne at all," Gallagher told reporters at the opening day of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period at Marvel Stadium.

"We've had plenty of open discussions with Brad about his footy and what he wants to achieve and how happy he is and where he wants to play his footy for the remainder of his career, and all indications are that's at St Kilda.

"He's played a lot of good footy for us but probably hasn't quite been as consistent as we needed him to be and in fairness, he had some mates this year, so I reckon there's a lot more in Brad so we'd love to explore that and work with him to get as close as we can to his best footy.

"He's not easily replaceable, Brad, so that's our intention at the moment."

Gallagher also said defender Hunter Clark remained a required player, and the club didn't intend to trade its top pick at this year's NAB AFL Draft.

He added that the Saints were right in the mix to lure Collingwood's Jordan De Goey as a free agent "until 9 o'clock on Thursday night" but the resulting free cap space would allow the club to assess its options through the Trade Period.

Tarryn Thomas weighing up whether to ask for a trade according to Sam Edmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back