Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

There's no stooging going on with Brisbane. Our priority is to cover for points.

It was pretty clear in first offer too - you want the 2 first rounders, you can have it. But help us bridge the points gap by giving us the second rounder picks that you currently have. At this point, if Dogs said - we can't give you those straight up but we'll work with you and do more swaps as we want those 2 firsts anyway - that would have taken a different turn of discussion.

If Dogs instead said "what you want these picks back for your points?? pffft that's your problem, don't come to us with that" - well then we went away and started working on the points side ourselves.
How dense are you? The Dogs didn't approach one of your players and then offer below market value and leave him hanging. The Dogs didn't encourage a player to nominate them, promise the player and manager that they'd get the deal done and then screw the opposition team. The Lions did that and as such, like the majority of the supporters here I'd rather send Dunkley to the draft, get nothing and make a bottom 4 team stronger than make a top 4 team and direct competition stronger and get shafted without the decency of lube.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How dense are you? The Dogs didn't approach one of your players and then offer below market value and leave him hanging. The Dogs didn't encourage a player to nominate them, promise the player and manager that they'd get the deal done and then screw the opposition team. The Lions did that and as such, like the majority of the supporters here I'd rather send Dunkley to the draft, get nothing and make a bottom 4 team stronger than make a top 4 team and direct competition stronger and get shafted without the decency of lube.

Wow

1. Bringing up players like a broken-down McCarthy to say Brisbane fleece the system is ridiculous
2. Offering players like Fort and Mathieson to the Bulldogs is ridiculous
3. Thinking the Bulldogs will accept one late first rounder and change is ridiculous
4. Thinking that's going to be Brisbane's final offer is ridiculous
5. Believing Essendon are now in the picture is ridiculous
6. Blowing up deluxe midway through trade week is ridiculous

People need to relax. It'll be sorted.

We had/have a midfield gap and Dunkley was an obvious fit. He was looking around and of course we're going to put our hand up to say what we can offer in terms of position and role. It'll be stupid not to. We did not do a "Tom Boyd" poach either, Dunkley has been trying to move and exploring options for the second time now - so let's go easy with the "approaching and promising the player" notion. If not us it would've been Port and guess what, they would've gone on the JHF train by now and you'll be scrapping the barrel there too.

We will likely make an offer of F1 + 21 + lower pick in the end. Not the perfect 2 first rounders offer you were after but considering our points priority, that'll be the one on the table in the end. If you think Dunkley going to draft or PSD is a better outcome for you, can't help it.

1. Bringing up players like a broken-down McCarthy to say Brisbane fleece the system is ridiculous
2. Offering players like Fort and Mathieson to the Bulldogs is ridiculous
3. Thinking the Bulldogs will accept one late first rounder and change is ridiculous
4. Thinking that's going to be Brisbane's final offer is ridiculous
5. Believing Essendon are now in the picture is ridiculous
6. Blowing up deluxe midway through trade week is ridiculous

People need to relax. It'll be sorted.
I agrees. So, outside of the bickering, any ideas how Brisbane go about getting another first this year? Or is 21 plus a F1 the best you can do? Also need to consider Lions are reportedly looking at splitting 21 as well.

So if lube is supplied you will do it?

I agrees. So, outside of the bickering, any ideas how Brisbane go about getting another first this year? Or is 21 plus a F1 the best you can do? Also need to consider Lions are reportedly looking at splitting 21 as well.
You'd have to think players will be involved. Potentially not to the Bulldogs, but involving other teams with latish 1st rounders.

I wonder if we haven't gently broached it with a few we could 'afford to lose', but still hold value (not Fort / The Barometer)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mathieson is a negative.

You have other Vic kids. They are of interest.

Goal kicking mid for a goal kicking mid, plus a pick. Like for like, plus a pick.

1 in every 20.1 Dunkley disposals resulted in a score in 2022, 1 in every 21 of Mathiesons result in a score.

Plus a pick.

Surely gets done.

Goal kicking mid for a goal kicking mid, plus a pick. Like for like, plus a pick.

1 in every 20.1 Dunkley disposals resulted in a score in 2022, 1 in every 21 of Mathiesons result in a score.

Plus a pick.

Surely gets done.

Throw in Oxley and it’s done.

Plus a pick.

Surely gets done.

Riley West > Mathieson

We have been training our own Dunkley replacement and he ONLY extended his contract after Dunkley made it clear he was leaving. Our midfield spot is for Riley.

We don’t need your Mathieson, you can keep him. I live in QLD, I know Mathieson is no good, as I have seen him.

What we need is a small forward like Lohmann Or a small defender like Wilmott. They are list fits.

I am trying to be helpful and get a win-win for both clubs.

Riley West > Mathieson

We have been training our own Dunkley replacement and he ONLY extended his contract after Dunkley made it clear he was leaving. Our midfield spot is for Riley.

We don’t need your Mathieson, you can keep him. I live in QLD, I know Mathieson is no good, as I have seen him.

What we need is a small forward like Lohmann Or a small defender like Wilmott. They are list fits.

Ok you convinced us. 21 and Lohmann it is

Helpful to who? I'm sorry to break that news to you that Dom Ambrogio and Sam Power aren't reading this.

In any case, keep your chill people. Keep your chill.

Let the big boys handle it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back