Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

We've set his value pretty clearly as two first rounders.
What type of first rounders like top 10?
Can't think of many players have ever commanded two first rounders
He's out of contract and although he's been very professional about it all he is obviously not happy there to request a trade two years running

He's out of contract and although he's been very professional about it all he is obviously not happy there to request a trade two years running
I'd wager ether one top 10 pick, or two 10-20 picks. Taranto was a similar player who went for 12 and 19.

He asked for a trade in 2020, then again this year that’s not two years running

You realise that assuming Brisbane finished top 4 in 2023 and had pick 15 again, 15 in 2022 + 15 in 2023 is equivalent to pick 3 according to the draft calculator
Yep but draft points are a pretty poor way to value a trade. They’re fine to compare trades but they aren’t a reflection of a players worth. What’s the Taranto trade value him at? We may have sent back pick 39 as well. They asked for 30, 39 and a F3 back.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean the Cerra trade sets the precedent? I'm very confused on why some trades set precedents and others don't?

Works both ways. There’s been a few lions fans who have said “we’ve been shafted before, is what it is”.
And whilst that’s true, doesn’t mean it should be relevant for this trade.

Josh Dunkley would look good in a suns guernsey

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Works both ways. There’s been a few lions fans who have said “we’ve been shafted before, is what it is”.
And whilst that’s true, doesn’t mean it should be relevant for this trade.
So does that mean the Taranto deal isn't relevant for this trade either?

Okey dokey. Because your club was so fair to the Suns with the Jack Martin trade. Pot, Kettle.
I think Elmer_Judd literally phased out of existence due to this post. Absolutely ethered him.

Don’t remember the specifics but I’m pretty sure Lachie Neale was traded for a first and second rounder with a pick upgrade coming back our way. Even Dangerfield was done for a first and second. Don’t think we’ll bite on two first rounders for this one, but I feel like a deal will get done where both clubs feel like they’ve lost. It’s the way of the trade period

So does that mean the Taranto deal isn't relevant for this trade either?

It’s only relevant in my opinion if we know what the dogs have requested. We’ve requested two firsts. So it’s natural to compare the market and compare with a similar out of contract player in the exact same trade period. I don’t even think we’ll get the same. I think a pick in the teens + a pick in the early 20s is going to be the one.

I don’t see much point in comparing with a player who shafted the lions years ago.

Don’t remember the specifics but I’m pretty sure Lachie Neale was traded for a first and second rounder with a pick upgrade coming back our way. Even Dangerfield was done for a first and second. Don’t think we’ll bite on two first rounders for this one, but I feel like a deal will get done where both clubs feel like they’ve lost. It’s the way of the trade period

6 and 19, significantly more than 21 and a future 15ish.

Yes and he is a tier below these elite players. And he is out of contract. And he is asking to be traded twice in three years.
Yet if they were trying to get a player out of contract from another team there is no way they would entertain 2x 1sts for any player in the league
Hard to be objective when so emotionally involved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back