Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

It’s only relevant in my opinion if we know what the dogs have requested. We’ve requested two firsts. So it’s natural to compare the market and compare with a similar out of contract player in the exact same trade period. I don’t even think we’ll get the same. I think a pick in the teens + a pick in the early 20s is going to be the one.

I don’t see much point in comparing with a player who shafted the lions years ago.
Is that not what we've now offered? Pick in the teens (future 1st) and early 20's (21)

Yes and he is a tier below these elite players. And he is out of contract. And he is asking to be traded twice in three years.
Yet if they were trying to get a player out of contract from another team there is no way they would entertain 2x 1sts for any player in the league
Hard to be objective when so emotionally involved

Would give 2 firsts and probably more for Merrett. Don’t think there’s too many who wouldn’t.

The funny thing is the deal is probably agreed in principal. There is a lot of staged drama here. The AFL asked the relevant clubs to keep the Dayne Beams and Lachie Neale trades to the last day a few years ago.

A lot of huff and puff here, unnecessarily.

The funny thing is the deal is probably agreed in principal. There is a lot of staged drama here. The AFL asked the relevant clubs to keep the Dayne Beams and Lachie Neale trades to the last day.

A lot of huff and puff here, unnecessarily.

Yep I’ve said this a few times. They need their hectic final day on fox footy.

Yep I’ve said this a few times. They need their hectic final day on fox footy.

Yep, the standard shtick is to drag out the drama, pretend that both clubs are refusing to budge on their original offers, a few quotes about the pre-season draft and then surprise, surprise on the last day there is a compromise, and both club‘s fanbases get to claim that the other club blinked.

I haven’t seen any updated offer since the early embarrassing one today. Unless you have heard something new?
I'm pretty confident that'll be the basis of the deal, we'll make more draft day deals to acquire points from our other picks.

Lots of irrational emotions in this thread today.

The big picture…. We’ve downgrade one draft pick by 6 positions. This generated pick 25 as another tradable asset, while banking another pick (36) relieving the pressure of us requiring additional points back for the dogs.

That’s how the professional trade. Before the draft gurus jump on about the talent drop off between 15 to 21, I’d suggest they review last years draft from pick 12.

For all the posturing about how we’ve under valued an uncontracted Dunkley, I wonder the public view of pick 30 for a contract Lobb compares.

While I’m certain it won’t be the trade, we’re now in a position now to offer our Future 1st, pick 21 and pick 25 For Dunkley, pick 30 and 39.
This can easily be sold as a deal to gain an established talent (pick 21/25 for Lobb) while banking a future first and early second rounder.

The big picture…. We’ve downgrade one draft pick by 6 positions. This generated pick 25 as another tradable asset, while banking another pick (36) relieving the pressure of us requiring additional points back for the dogs.

That’s how the professional trade. Before the draft gurus jump on about the talent drop off between 15 to 21, I’d suggest they review last years draft from pick 12.

For all the posturing about how we’ve under valued an uncontracted Dunkley, I wonder the public view of pick 30 for a contract Lobb compares.

While I’m certain it won’t be the trade, we’re now in a position now to offer our Future 1st, pick 21 and pick 25 For Dunkley, pick 30 and 39.
This can easily be sold as a deal to gain an established talent (pick 21/25 for Lobb) while banking a future first and early second rounder.
Haha, you are not going to make any friends with that Lobb valuation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the points differential there?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The census is still 30 & 39 goes back. It's a very insulting offer and future 1st and 21 on it's own is still unders since Taranto is not as good as Dunkley.
The reason we traded pick 15 out was to get the points that the Dogs weren't offering, the Lions won't be needing 30 and 39 back anymore.

The reason we traded pick 15 out was to get the points that the Dogs weren't offering, the Lions won't be needing 30 and 39 back anymore.
You sure because pick 21 is 878 and 3409 becomes 2531. That leaves 131pts for Fletcher + 738 on pts next year. It's likely he'll be bid in the first round around pick 15 and may end up short of the pts mark for Lions to match. They still have to trade in Gunston and Mathison wont get much in return.

Bahahahaha oh come on, any coach in their right mind would take Dunkley over either.

If one of them approached the Lions asking to be traded it might be an option. We won't be approaching players, bad for culture. And why would the Lions trade out a very promising kid when there's no need? Kooky talk. 21 + F1 will get it done with a pick or two coming back for points

I reckon this is the one that doesn't get done, dogs seem to massively over price his trade value.

But but..

one-does-not-simply-forget-the-doctrine-of-precedent-credit-823997.png

You sure because pick 21 is 878 and 3409 becomes 2531. That leaves 131pts for Fletcher + 738 on pts next year. It's likely he'll be bid in the first round around pick 15 and may end up short of the pts mark for Lions to match. They still have to trade in Gunston and Mathison wont get much in return.
Then on draft day we’ll be splitting picks like 25, 34, 35, 36 for more points. That way it’ll give us points to match and there’s every likelihood that Fletcher falls a bit in the draft.

Then on draft day we’ll be splitting picks like 25, 34, 35, 36 for more points. That way it’ll give us points to match and there’s every likelihood that Fletcher falls a bit in the draft.
That's a big risk. I don't see how those 4 picks can be gain more points. I think Lions have stretched their limit in what points they can obtain without trading out another player.

Basically "we'll give you a future first if you give us a points upgrade and your B&F".

A future first for your B&F that actively doesn’t want to be at your club because of the culture**

You left that part off the end there accidentally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back