Damien Hardwick says "I don’t have to remind anyone in this room what our track record is against the Cats on the biggest stage”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing a) that stones were thrown about culture in the first place and b) that this has happened. I hope if there’s something to it that he cops it and whoever has taken over from Selwood gets stuck into him either way. D*** head.
Ummm this happened a decade ago why does the article say 2022 when this bloke doesn’t play for us and hasn’t in a very long time

* I’m dumb I thought it said 2022. I was going to say I don’t even remember him playing for us 😂😂😂
You’re not dumb that article genuinely says 2022 - what the actual *? I remember reading it on this website years ago FFS

84CD62FE-FD1C-4A4B-95CF-82DE7DCF863B.jpeg

I’d love to see Richmond beat a side that either a) isn’t terrible in finals or b) existed before Nirvana
I didn’t
* I’m dumb I thought it said 2022. I was going to say I don’t even remember him playing for us 😂😂😂

I think I confused him with Cooper Stephen
well I have learnt a lot today from some exceptionally intelligent posters. Especially the following:

1.Premiership opponents quality is based off the history of grand final winning percentages for finals made ( defined by the lifetime of a poster only). Example of the rule- playing a team who won 14 games in the HA season is a harder opponent than a side who won 20 HA games, as long as 30 years ago they made and won multiple premierships then disappeared to the bottom four since to preserve the crucial statistic, any competitive showings will destroy it and is off limits

And)
2. Dimma was ok to cheat on his missus and there is nothing morally wrong about it because Gary Rohan did similar.

Richmond never disappoints for entertainment and stereotypes to emerge

You’re not dumb that article genuinely says 2022 - what the actual *? I remember reading it on this website years ago FFS

View attachment 1553526
I didn’t know this bloke even existed?? Must be at least ten years ago now. Looking him up quickly you will see articles praising us for sanctioning him internally. Nothing actually out there if he was charged or not

What do I care about your lifetime? For most of mine they’ve been known specifically for not even making it. Well done what a thing to be known for.

The funniest thing is you still think this is some sort of pissing contest, if in fact you believe any or what you say.

It’s not. You’ve won more flags than us ergo you’ve had more success. I’m not arguing otherwise. Well done. You follow a side with more silverware so enjoy it.

Doesn’t change the fact that missing finals to preserve your finals record is like a Socceroos fan bragging about how we’ve never lost a World Cup semi

Errr, Richmond have won 8 Grand Finals in my lifetime. If we had won none, or one then fair enough I would concede the point. We have won 8, some against Division one finals clubs, and Geelong have won 4, none against Division 1 finals clubs.

I am utterly astonished at the lengths Cats fans go to these days to try to downplay everything Richmond has achieved and at the same time try to big up Geelong’s mediocre achievements. It is a real eye opener. 😁

Errr, Richmond have won 8 Grand Finals in my lifetime. If we had won none, or one then fair enough I would concede the point. We have won 8, some against Division one finals clubs, and Geelong have won 4, none against Division 1 finals clubs.

I am utterly astonished at the lengths Cats fans go to these days to try to downplay everything Richmond has achieved and at the same time try to big up Geelong’s mediocre achievements. It is a real eye opener. 😁

No one is downplaying anything Richmond have achieved. We are downplaying your need to keep trying to measure yourself.

Again, what do I care about your lifetime.

Strong clubs consistently compete in finals and win premierships along the journey. You would have to pretty stupid to not work out the more often you make finals the lower your grand final winning percentage will be from efforts. And you would have to be even more stupid to claim a club who has won 4 premierships in 15 years has concerns with winning flags. Under your logic, the club finishing 8th who doesn’t win the grand final is placed lower than the side who consistently finishes 9th(Richmond). It is an incredibly stupid way of analyzing
Yeah mate, consistently finishing ninth indeed. Last time Richmond finished ninth in the H&A season was in 2008. Fourteen years ago. Typical Geelong supporter. Ignorant and numerically challenged. And the irony is you call us Richmond posters stupid….

No one is downplaying anything Richmond have achieved. We are downplaying your need to keep trying to measure yourself.

Again, what do I care about your lifetime.

If you think the world didn’t exist before you then I am fine with that but of course I know different. My lifetime is my point of reference, but it also happens to be a very fair sample size for us to get a good grip on the strength and weaknesses of each club in finals. Amazingly I found when I looked, my much maligned club has no peer in finals in my lifetime, and has the equal second most Premierships in that period. Sort of makes me feel less bad when inveterate belittlers like you keep endlessly pointing out we had a prolonged period of thinking about our behaviour in there. 😉

If you think the world didn’t exist before you then I am fine with that but of course I know different. My lifetime is my point of reference, but it also happens to be a very fair sample size for us to get a good grip on the strength and weaknesses of each club in finals. Amazingly I found when I looked, my much maligned club has no peer in finals in my lifetime, and has the equal second most Premierships in that period. Sort of makes me feel less bad when inveterate belittlers like you keep endlessly pointing out we had a prolonged period of thinking about our behaviour in there. 😉

Sorry mate.

I actually like you and think you’re intelligent and have some worthwhile footy points to make but you’re going on the ignore list. I can only indulge this crap for so long.

Find someone who is actually arguing what you think they’re arguing.

He didn’t get a freebie he got wacked hard by the media and internally by players and staff. Hawkins ended up punching him in the face over it. Reality is, dimma was a scumbag who cheated on his wife and so was Rohan.. but guess what is another reality?? You don’t lose your job over being a family scumbag sadly.
Rohan got off very lightly in the media. Maybe not so much on social media, where it’s been called out he cheated on his wife, the mother of deceased child and the mother of his two surviving kids, aged 3 and 1.

No-one mentioned anything about losing jobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet again Richmond posters have completely derailed a thread.

It becomes so tiresome
Just remember that they DON'T care about Geelong's incredible premiership triumph. Definitely not. :smilev1:

Mo30o4qV.jpg

How much did you enjoy the Tiggers finals appearances in the 1990-2010 period

How much did you enjoy the Tiggers finals appearances in the 1990-2010 period

Loved our win over Essendon in 95. But I largely didn’t follow footy in that period. No self-respecting bandwagon supporter is going to follow his club through such thin times knowing when there are runs of flags to be had you can just climb on board and be deliriously happy. 😁

Loved our win over Essendon in 95. But I largely didn’t follow footy in that period. No self-respecting bandwagon supporter is going to follow his club through such thin times knowing when there are runs of flags to be had you can just climb on board and be deliriously happy. 😁
Any win over them is good

I think it’s all nice you want to analyze clubs history over some unknown period of time, but it has very little relevance when analyzing success of individual team eras such as the Brisbane lions of 01-04. I don’t think somehow Brisbane lions of 01-03 are an i signifvant premiership group because the current Brisbane side constantly loses finals. It’s an incredibly stupid link to try and make with no common sense

Rohan got off very lightly in the media. Maybe not so much on social media, where it’s been called out he cheated on his wife, the mother of deceased child and the mother of his two surviving kids, aged 3 and 1.

No-one mentioned anything about losing jobs.
So what exactly more did you want from the media?? He deserves the same wack hardwick got which I reckon given the disparancies in profile sizes is about even. Both equal knobs, cheating is cheating in your marriage regardless of the context.

I think it’s all nice you want to analyze clubs history over some unknown period of time, but it has very little relevance when analyzing success of individual team eras such as the Brisbane lions of 01-04. I don’t think somehow Brisbane lions of 01-03 are an i signifvant premiership group because the current Brisbane side constantly loses finals. It’s an incredibly stupid link to try and make with no common sense

So you think in my lifetime Richmond have 8 Grand Final wins and 16 losing finals, and Collingwood have one winning Grand Final and 42 losing finals and this happens for no reason? And yet on this thread there are countless references to Richmond losing finals. 🤨. Sure, Richmond lose finals, ultimately all teams do. Richmond just lose them at a slower rate than other clubs, both relative to Grand Final wins and in absolute terms, and this has been done against the backdrop of winning Grand Finals at a very healthy rate.

This is 57 seasons we are talking about. Where clubs get to go through all their cycles a number of times. And mostly what happens is some clubs are good at converting finals appearances into Grand Final wins, some are average at it, and some are poor, and there isn’t a great deal of departure from the script. I didn’t make it up, I just noticed it, and decided to articulate it in a certain way.

Rather than turning your guns on me who is merely revealing the truth, take aim at those on this thread who have perpetrated the myth that Richmond are somehow deficient in finals.

So you think in my lifetime Richmond have 8 Grand Final wins and 16 losing finals, and Collingwood have one winning Grand Final and 42 losing finals and this happens for no reason? And yet on this thread there are countless references to Richmond losing finals. 🤨. Sure, Richmond lose finals, ultimately all teams do. Richmond just lose them at a slower rate than other clubs, both relative to Grand Final wins and in absolute terms, and this has been done against the backdrop of winning Grand Finals at a very healthy rate.

This is 57 seasons we are talking about. Where clubs get to go through all their cycles a number of times. And mostly what happens is some clubs are good at converting finals appearances into Grand Final wins, some are average at it, and some are poor, and there isn’t a great deal of departure from the script. I didn’t make it up, I just noticed it, and decided to articulate it in a certain way.

Rather than turning your guns on me who is merely revealing the truth, take aim at those on this thread who have perpetrated the myth that Richmond are somehow deficient in finals.
you do realize a lot of those numbers are incredibly irrelevant for starters as your referencing a period of no drafting and shocking inequalities of teams having zones given to them to pluck players out of and zero salary caps and no trading either. To gather real data you have to begin from a period of equality and evenness which is the beginning of the AFL professional full time era.

back then a club like Richmond was simply a premiership side because Kevin bartlett grew up in the neighborhood zone or Leigh matthews similar. Those amateur years need to be dismissed with such discussions

Simply get it right if your going to do the stats.

There is only two real ways to judge a premiership side and that is how many premierships the group won, and the quality of the sides they played against on grand final day. Richmond happened to play very average sides during their 3 flags which is the big knock stopping them from sitting with geelong Brisbane hawthorn

So what exactly more did you want from the media?? He deserves the same wack hardwick got which I reckon given the disparancies in profile sizes is about even. Both equal knobs, cheating is cheating in your marriage regardless of the context.
I wanted LESS from the media. DH deserved the same treatment as GR, but far more was written and spoken about about him, with far more moralising (which I don’t actually care for).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back