Who will be better in 2023 Richmond or Brisbane?

Who will be better in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You used common sense? Like you do with all your posts?

A dynasty is not 3 or four years of dominance. That’s a great run but not a dynasty

By dominance do you mean flags? Or just competing? Cause 3 or 4 flags is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

4 in a row is the greatest dynasty, next you have your teams that have won 3 in a row, then the teams that have won back to back, any definition that would have us believe that not winning flags can be termed domination is preposterous.

Let's see what geelong_crazy26 says here: "My opinion and knock is just simply I think the caliber of the top sides during Richmond’s flag years were terrible."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 didn't we beat the dynasty called Geelong enroute to our 3 flags? Only in Geelong can "dynasty" and "terrible" go hand in hand 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!!!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 in a row is the greatest dynasty, next you have your teams that have won 3 in a row, then the teams that have won back to back, any definition that would have us believe that not winning flags can be termed domination is preposterous.

Let's see what geelong_crazy26 says here: "My opinion and knock is just simply I think the caliber of the top sides during Richmond’s flag years were terrible."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 didn't we beat the dynasty called Geelong enroute to our 3 flags? Only in Geelong can "dynasty" and "terrible" go hand in hand 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!!!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They want it both ways. There were 2 dynasties in their supposed ‘4 in 16 dynasty’ one. Both of them demolished them in finals 🤣. But yeah dOmInAnCe 🥴

Yeah it ain’t really mythical. But people who choose to ignore it may try to belittle it in this manner.

Dusty’s 2nd Quarter in the 2020 grand final was one such defining moment, as you know. A real match turner. Same with his efforts in the second quarter of the 2017 gf. Right up there with Scarlett’s toe poke and shaws run down of Riewoldt in the decider. This isn’t good or bad luck. It’s class that steps up on the biggest occasion.

As for grand final opponents, I do agree that the port side of 2007 was just as putrid as the 2019 giants grand final side. Both premiers deserved the win but were far superior in ability.
Just add a bit of common sense here to your logic. Only teams who win grand finals have “ moments where players step up and win the game”.. your not going to have these when you lose… that’s just common sense. If you are a champion team and lose to a better champion team, you will have none of those moments… if you where to play a lesser team and win you will have all of a sudden an abundance of these moments.

Your literally just repeating over and over the narrative of what happens when a side wins or loses. Which is what happens when you play someone better.

It is a bit of common sense

I would actually put Goddards specky in the last quarter of the draw when the saints were matching home from 4 goals down to almost pinch the game one of those moments you are referring to. Absolutely “class that steps up” on the big stage. They actually had some huge performers.
Goddards speccy was a great mark and goal from 20m.
But the ‘class steps up’ moment you refer to in that game wasn’t that. It was actually just after that, the matchwinning moment.

When Milne was running into an open goal and mis-read the bounce of the ball. One of the few times in his career the ball got away from him. Unfortunately it was at a crucial moment where they needed a player to step up into the moment.

Just add a bit of common sense here to your logic. Only teams who win grand finals have “ moments where players step up and win the game”.. your not going to have these when you lose… that’s just common sense. If you are a champion team and lose to a better champion team, you will have none of those moments… if you where to play a lesser team and win you will have all of a sudden an abundance of these moments.

Your literally just repeating over and over the narrative of what happens when a side wins or loses. Which is what happens when you play someone better.

Your view is the constant repetition in that your side was so good, your opponents would have beaten other premiers. You seem quite obsessed in your view of this, in a thread that has nothing to do with your side, or that era.

Truth is there are no facts here to suggest they would. All we can say with true certainty is that st Kilda side had opportunities at vital moments of these grand finals to win a match, and they lacked the composure to take advantage of it.

Actually Nick Riewoldt said something similar. Moments happen in games and in hindsight people then say it was this moment that changed the momentum of the game for the winner etc. It’s true, the ‘moments’ for the loser generally get forgotten unless it’s really exceptional like the 1989 GF.

Goddards speccy was a great mark and goal from 20m.
But the ‘class steps up’ moment you refer to in that game wasn’t that. It was actually just after that, the matchwinning moment.

When Milne was running into an open goal and mis-read the bounce of the ball. One of the few times in his career the ball got away from him. Unfortunately it was at a crucial moment where they needed a player to step up into the moment.
Your view is the constant repetition in that your side was so good, your opponents would have beaten other premiers. You seem quite obsessed in your view of this, in a thread that has nothing to do with your side, or that era.

Truth is there are no facts here to suggest they would. All we can say with true certainty is that st Kilda side had opportunities at vital moments of these grand finals to win a match, and they lacked the composure to take advantage of it.
Because they played two of the best sides of probably the last 50 years in grand finals, and when you lose you don’t have “ moments that win grand finals” just common sense. If they played teams who were not as good as that geelong and collingwood team I am sure they would have had plenty of those moments wining.

I am not obsessed with it, I am simply clicking the reply button to a lot of very angry Richmond fans and just restating my point of view when they bang on about all this odd stuff. One poster has literally quoted me about 5-10 times despite me ignoring him because his intellect is at a point I can’t even reason common sense with.

Because they played two of the best sides of probably the last 50 years in grand finals, and when you lose you don’t have “ moments that win grand finals” just common sense. If they played teams who were not as good as that geelong and collingwood team I am sure they would have had plenty of those moments wining.

I am not obsessed with it, I am simply clicking the reply button to a lot of very angry Richmond fans and just restating my point of view when they bang on about all this odd stuff. One poster has literally quoted me about 5-10 times despite me ignoring him because his intellect is at a point I can’t even reason common sense with.
It’s all good bud. I can see you are very passionate about your own opinion in protecting the integrity of that Geelong team in that period.

Strange thread to do it, but as I said before, it features Richmond and you have history here.

They want it both ways. There were 2 dynasties in their supposed ‘4 in 16 dynasty’ one. Both of them demolished them in finals 🤣. But yeah dOmInAnCe 🥴
I prefer to call Geelong perennial finalists, which is great. But this warped idea of a terrible dynasty being promoted by the Geelong supporters is ludicrous in my opinion.

I prefer to call Geelong perennial finalists, which is great. But this warped idea of a terrible dynasty being promoted by the Geelong supporters is ludicrous in my opinion.
What number are you up to? 6, 7 or is it 8?

What number are you up to? 6, 7 or is it 8?

3 in 4. Don’t need to go further than that buddy cause it just keeps getting worse with each failed year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would actually put Goddards specky in the last quarter of the draw when the saints were matching home from 4 goals down to almost pinch the game one of those moments you are referring to. Absolutely “class that steps up” on the big stage. They actually had some huge performers.

You can have all the class and composure, but if someone is just better than you that season, bad luck.
Yep, this is exactly what I said earlier.

Saints win in 2010 and it's champions Goddard and Hayes who stepped up when it counted most. Goddard's speccy and goal to put them in front, and Hayes' goal from outside 50 a little earlier. Not to mention his 13 or so tackles which I suspect got him over the line for the Norm Smith.

Simple people just pick a specific play from the winning team and say 'he stepped up when it counted when noone from the opposing team could'...

Using a 1v1 system? They’ll be lucky to make the 8. Their 07-10 record was average on top of it.

Wins: 11, 13, 20, 15 wins is 14-15 wins on average. Most of the time they wouldn’t even make top 4.

We averaged 16 ish with covid adjustment.

Hence why I clearly stated 'the St. Kilda 2009 team'.

Comprehension, again...

😮😮😮

So by your logic I should just call it a 30 year dynasty. I’m assuming the players in this team all had 30+ year long careers? 🤣 You honestly have no idea.
It's your logic that requires a specific number of starting players to play in Year 1 and Year n of the dynasty, not mine.

Hence why your 'logic' is so ridiculous.

Same club, 1 dynasty.

It really is quite simple.

Hence why I clearly stated 'the St. Kilda 2009 team'.

Comprehension, again...

Why are you using that team for 4 seasons when they couldn’t keep that form for 4 seasons? You’re just making s**t up at this point. Either way 1v1 is dead they wouldn’t make the 8.

Funny how McGovern's the hero from 2018, but everyone forgets Jack Darling's dropped mark in the goal square..

It's your logic that requires a specific number of starting players to play in Year 1 and Year n of the dynasty, not mine.

Hence why your 'logic' is so ridiculous.

Same club, 1 dynasty.

It really is quite simple.

Oh ok so which players are in the 30 peat team? In a hypothetical matchup who is in the 22. Cause unless they all have 30+ year careers they’ll have whole heap of different players to choose from. From different generations in fact. You are so clueless mate you don’t think your arguments through. You even said club in your ending statement but when you do hypothetical matchups you use teams. You are seriously all over the shop.

Are you gonna say Team x 1986-2016 v Richmond 17-20? Really? Ffs, your IQ is low man, real low.

I say 30 years and you reference 1986 to 2016.

And who's got the low IQ?

And for the 15th time, you're the one needing x number of players across the dynasty, not me.

FFS.

So how do you do a hypothetical matchup?
Which players would you use for cats 07-22 v Richmond 17-20? Just Selwood? See how dumb it is. Answer the question.

Funny how McGovern's the hero from 2018, but everyone forgets Jack Darling's dropped mark in the goal square..

Yep, that would have been the moment where people had have looked back on said that’s where someone didn’t step up when needed.

Darling lacked composure on the big stage that when the game was on the line. So did DeGoey when he flaked out the back and didn’t contest that vital ball in the last couple of minutes.

McGovern and Sheed were the ones that were built for the big moments, and delivered their team the flag.

Back