Autopsy Deja Voodoo - Clawed at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

The melts that i was referring too weren't particular to any player . Nor were they constructive.
Melts never are.

They're sweeping negative generalisations .

I think its better to sleep on it. Gain a bit of clarity.
Cmon man!! Where is the fun in that!! If you can’t blow off steam in your own clubs supporters page on big footy, where can you!?

Perspective is always a good thing but footy is about the emotion.

Yer i dont get it when something like that is missed.

Its the easiest free to call
The umpiring in the first quarter was really one sided, it was clearly deserved Swans' frees not called that had an impact. No one on here seems to credit the impact of periods in a game of one-sided umpiring. Some teams seem to lose heart and then effort drops.

There may be better examples, but our play when we actually do have time to think about it frustrates me, even in the wins, suggest our strategies are odd , safe. Maybe I am wrong

This one the games ****ed anyway

but only Warner leads the others just tread space. Gulden ignores 2 Warner leads, finally goes to the third where I marked the red x, Warner spills it and it goes out then Geelong get a clearance, but didnt go far at least.

Why such a wide kick that does f all?

Even if Warner marks it ,he is only marginally more likely to get a goal than Gulden, yes he is closer but it is so wide, Geelong can also keep pressing back, least if he went to warners first lead it was closer to the middle of the 50, a realistic shot or more passing options.
heck even kicking long to the goals is a better kick, or I dunno other forwards offer a hecken lead, Geelong are the guys in front, our players seems to want to stand together and react after the kicks, or get out the back, create contests.

We never have space or let hit people in decent scoring position

We seem to look good when we don't have time and can just bomb catch the defence out, play on instinct, eg papley last week

Ok maybe thats not interesting, but just my opinion that our forward entries are low percentage and overly safe

308BCBCC-7F08-4677-957E-58A12F0D75F6.jpeg

Times have changed though

Yu can’t say the way we play and the player he was doesn’t hurt us at times

We still kick to hike more than anyone, it’s s**t by the coaches and players

My point was more about the group and where they would have been without him over the journey. Now he is gone where the **** are we.
His influence in our relative success over his 10 yrs is way under played. This current group or any one player will lead us to 3 GF's in 10 yrs you can be assured of that. As far as how much we still kick to him its on the players. They are dumb. Even when he was at his peak he would draw 3 players and they would go there ignoring other options. More often than not that Buddy then would still make something happen. To think they are still kicking it to him in a pack situation at 36 & body cooked where he is still drawing 3 ! Is farcical. Coaches would certainly not instruct that. To think he should retire forth with because they are to stupid and keep going to him as the main option is also ridiculous when you have McDonald miles off it, Amartey injured, McClean rendered useless and Heeney ? Well you know the story there.

Having said that, after sitting through that totally uncompetitive, dispirited gutless performance last night I would be all for him putting his cue in the rack right now and let these blokes earn some ****ing respect for themselves without the massive shoulders that have carried them for so long.

While I am screenshotting, move on if you like

These are in a row lol, turnovers, i circled the geelong player Lloyd and then Blakey kick it straight too, I mean how you even manage it is incredible

No words, theres no way it should happen 75A8F6FA-A51A-4168-9A11-E01EA956507A.jpeg F527CCDD-9576-4C2B-A54B-F13B5637D811.jpeg

Imo we have a distinct flaw in our ability to have a nothing but winning fight to the death attitude. This group needs some nasty at the taste of losing. ** it if it goes against the grain of AFL standard of clubs currently but when you lose like last night shake your immediate opponents hand, gather as a group and get the * off the ground. Not stand around with half ing smiles on your face talking s**t. Start ****ing hurting because your supporters are sure not sitting in the stands high fiving. At least not the one's who give a *. Too easy for we move on to next week attitudes to kick in. This is not what this group need. If Longmire has any worth at all this week he should strip the ****ing paint off the walls in the review meeting. Oh ! And don't spare any ****ing one of them.

Funny. That's the same thing that was said after the Grand Final. Yet, here we are, talking about the same lack of fight, the same poor selection / positioning of players and a completely heartless effort. This is not an aberration, that's the whole point. These are repeated issues that are not being addressed. But it will all be alright because you just have to trust the system right? The same system that has failed as at key moments over the last 24 months.
To be fair, totally different team.

3 points in the 2nd

I don’t care if half the side is out

It’s an absolute joke and embarrassing effort from the entire club

It was bottom 4 soft utensil like
Exactly. They will move on so all good. Sick of getting their bullshit puff pieces on the app. Parker should stand up this week and apologise to every supporter.

The umpiring in the first quarter was really one sided, it was clearly deserved Swans' frees not called that had an impact. No one on here seems to credit the impact of periods in a game of one-sided umpiring. Some teams seem to lose heart and then effort drops.
I do. Too many times we've seen umpires step in to change the game's momentum. It's a stat that isn't recorded but frees early or at crucial moments cannot be offset by a bunch of junk frees late. Maybe it happens to other teams too and I only notice it against us, but we've been shafted by the AFL so many times that I'm loathe to trust them.

If we assume umpires are human then we have to assume they're also fans of one club. I wonder how many are Sydney Swans supporters?

I do. Too many times we've seen umpires step in to change the game's momentum. It's a stat that isn't recorded but frees early or at crucial moments cannot be offset by a bunch of junk frees late. Maybe it happens to other teams too and I only notice it against us, but we've been shafted by the AFL so many times that I'm loathe to trust them.

If we assume umpires are human then we have to assume they're also fans of one club. I wonder how many are Sydney Swans supporters?

Again it was really only relevant for the first few mins then it didn't matter lmao.

But yes if the game was close it may of been the difference.

Its swings and roundabouts we got a absolutely dream run against Port along with the ARC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again it was really only relevant for the first few mins then it didn't matter lmao.

But yes if the game was close it may of been the difference.

Its swings and roundabouts we got a absolutely dream run against Port along with the ARC.
their first goal was from a free..... umpire couldn't get in quick enough to gift it was bs against fox

only people who go easier on Geelong than the umpires are the swans midfielders

Injuries aside, what many of us saw was a team lacking confidence against their opponent, lacking self-belief and hence unwilling to take risks. As an example, there were many times where we had options to swtich the play long by foot, something most of our players could do but Blakey, Campbell or Gulden could normally do in their sleep. Sadly, Blakey and Gulden in particular were struggling to hit the side of a barn.

I can only conclude that Geelong are so far into our heads, they had us rattled before the game began. All the rah, rah, bravado talk in the world couldn't change that. Horse talked about how they'd reviewed the GF and put it behind them. It would seem not. The psychological scarring has built into a paranoia that engulfed even those who didn't play in the GF. Only Fox seemed unawed by Cameron, after taking the chocolates against him in the GF. However, in this case, while Fox still played a strong game, the sheer weight of numbers and lack of pressure from our midfield left Fox on his own against a champion forward in best ever form.

In last year's PF Collingwood got into our heads (as they got into the heads of many teams), to the extent where they only had to close to within a few goals, following the loss of Reid, and our players began to believe the myth §the Pies have worked so hard to fabricate - one amplified by the Melbourne media - that they could run down any team and pinch a close fought win.

This game was a timely reminder that footy is played between the ears as much as between the arcs. We all wanted to view the GF as an anomaly and quickly move past it, but it's clear we haven't. We haven't taken steps to address what is a form of PTSD (though clearly not comparable to actual PTSD caused by genuine psychological trauma). To us footy is just a game, but our team were a lot more invested in the GF.

Some team therapy wouldn't go astray.

their first goal was from a free..... umpire couldn't get in quick enough to gift it was bs against fox

only people who go easier on Geelong than the umpires are the swans midfielders

You can blame the umpires in 2016 thats when they had a actual impact.

Not when you lose by nearly 100 its dumb.

Ok fine take their first goal away we lose by what 86?

You can blame the umpires in 2016 thats when they had a actual impact.

Not when you lose by nearly 100 its dumb.

Ok fine take their first goal away we lose by what 86?
I wasn't blaming the umpires

just said that was a shocker

Injuries aside, what many of us saw was a team lacking confidence against their opponent, lacking self-belief and hence unwilling to take risks. As an example, there were many times where we had options to swtich the play long by foot, something most of our players could do but Blakey, Campbell or Gulden could normally do in their sleep. Sadly, Blakey and Gulden in particular were struggling to hit the side of a barn.

I can only conclude that Geelong are so far into our heads, they had us rattled before the game began. All the rah, rah, bravado talk in the world couldn't change that. Horse talked about how they'd reviewed the GF and put it behind them. It would seem not. The psychological scarring has built into a paranoia that engulfed even those who didn't play in the GF. Only Fox seemed unawed by Cameron, after taking the chocolates against him in the GF. However, in this case, while Fox still played a strong game, the sheer weight of numbers and lack of pressure from our midfield left Fox on his own against a champion forward in best ever form.

In last year's PF Collingwood got into our heads (as they got into the heads of many teams), to the extent where they only had to close to within a few goals, following the loss of Reid, and our players began to believe the myth §the Pies have worked so hard to fabricate - one amplified by the Melbourne media - that they could run down any team and pinch a close fought win.

This game was a timely reminder that footy is played between the ears as much as between the arcs. We all wanted to view the GF as an anomaly and quickly move past it, but it's clear we haven't. We haven't taken steps to address what is a form of PTSD (though clearly not comparable to actual PTSD caused by genuine psychological trauma). To us footy is just a game, but our team were a lot more invested in the GF.

Some team therapy wouldn't go astray.
I’m sure all the sports psychologists say that you have to review it and then and try to put it behind you, and that what you are supposed to say when asked questions as a leader / coach is that it is all behind you and you are focused on the next game, focusing on the moment and all that. That’s why the swans have said these things.

I call BS.

Speak to any retired player who has lost a grand final, even if they have won many many other grand finals, and even if the loss was decades ago - they still say it hurts, and not a little, a lot. It hurts more than any GF wins feel good. It never leaves them.

It seems like the swans spend so much time doing the ‘right’ things, that they don’t do the human things. It’s a tribal f**king contact sport, every player in the team will be smarting at their GF performance or smarting that they weren’t selected and the crap effort we put out. Why not let some f**king anger out? Why not let yourself go out there with a point to prove? Why not go at there to at least make them earn the humiliation they gave you in the GF, and make sure they know that you will never lie down again?

We were meek as mice.

I hate to say it, but I think we are more worried about what our politically correct sponsors and upty dupty Eastern Suburbs fans will think, than on winning. It has seeped into our culture and other teams know we are soft.

What team fears playing us? What team knows that the day after playing us they are going to feel it? What team knows that if they beat us, they are going to feel it the next time around? No team, that’s who.

Duncan was laughing at one of our players after they scored a goal against him for god’s sakes. And I am sure he is still laughing now.

Imo we have a distinct flaw in our ability to have a nothing but winning fight to the death attitude. This group needs some nasty at the taste of losing. ** it if it goes against the grain of AFL standard of clubs currently but when you lose like last night shake your immediate opponents hand, gather as a group and get the * off the ground. Not stand around with half ing smiles on your face talking s**t. Start ****ing hurting because your supporters are sure not sitting in the stands high fiving. At least not the one's who give a *. Too easy for we move on to next week attitudes to kick in. This is not what this group need. If Longmire has any worth at all this week he should strip the ****ing paint off the walls in the review meeting. Oh ! And don't spare any ****ing one of them.
You write angry posts at times. Lots of emotion. That is understandable. After a loss like that. I understand.

That is not today. That would not be John Longmire talking to his players. He may do some just quietlies.

I think there are players in the Swans team that have a fight to the death attitude. Players like Mills, Fox, Gulden, Rampe, T McCartin and co, lloyd, Papley, Warner, Parker, Florent. They are driving a young team. They will lead the rest.

What happens after the game is irrelevant. It is not intimidatory. That stuff is irrelevant today. Means nothing.

Think when Stephens bumped Duncan after the goal and got laughed at due to it being the softest pretend bravado contact I've ever seen, even Papely knew it and tried to up the ante as Stephens was humiliated.
I think we just need to chill with the bravado in general. And by we, I mean the players. I get that they're a young group but it feels like we have a lot of players who are lippy, who love to deal in argy bargy, who love to carry on like pork chops when they celebrate (not referring specifically to Papley here, despite him becoming synonymous with celebrations.)

But then when the game's not on our terms, where are those players? Lip service and "character" can't win you games alone. There's gotta be enough guys putting their heads down and bums up working to get us the win. I don't think we have enough of these players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back