Autopsy Devastating loss to the Giants by 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetically yes.

Personally, I think Stephens is developing nicely and has lots of positive attributes.

He showed genuine courage on the weekend & certainly wasn’t our worst.

Worry is - he’s not signed beyond this year & could be our next reaming by the Crows.

Stephens could coindentally peak when we are challenging again.

Hopefully

Been stewing on this game. But I’ll get over it. The way I see it

a. We have to play to our red line to be a chance in games this year. A little off mentally or with the pressure and we can get opened up through the middle on the rebound. Last year I thought we could have been a little bit off and still been a good chance to win.

I put this down to injury but also just a lack of genuine class as a whole in the team. Our classy players aren’t playing well.

b. Ive been a horse fan. Still am. But there will come a time where his message will get stale. Not sure if it’s now but it could be.

c. When we were winning last year everyone was raving about Don Pike. Saying how it’s his influence on the team that we’re playing a different style. But now it’s all on horse when we are out of form??

d. I feel for the fellas coming into this team and being under so much pressure to perform. Gould Sheldrick and Francis haven’t had it easy. Let’s give these guys a chance. It’s also tough on the coaches to blend them into a team that’s struggling.

8-10 finish for our swans this year I feel.

Been stewing on this game. But I’ll get over it. The way I see it

a. We have to play to our red line to be a chance in games this year. A little off mentally or with the pressure and we can get opened up through the middle on the rebound. Last year I thought we could have been a little bit off and still been a good chance to win.

I put this down to injury but also just a lack of genuine class as a whole in the team. Our classy players aren’t playing well.

b. Ive been a horse fan. Still am. But there will come a time where his message will get stale. Not sure if it’s now but it could be.

c. When we were winning last year everyone was raving about Don Pike. Saying how it’s his influence on the team that we’re playing a different style. But now it’s all on horse when we are out of form??

d. I feel for the fellas coming into this team and being under so much pressure to perform. Gould Sheldrick and Francis haven’t had it easy. Let’s give these guys a chance. It’s also tough on the coaches to blend them into a team that’s struggling.

8-10 finish for our swans this year I feel.
You know Old Kenny, I used to genuinely wonder if you might be the great man himself, Kenny Williams.

I realise now that you’re not - but I still like the name. I really miss seeing Kenny there celebrating a Swans win.

He was part of the heart & soul of the club.

PS: good post. I mostly found myself nodding in agreeement.

You know Old Kenny, I used to genuinely wonder if you might be the great man himself, Kenny Williams.

I realise now that you’re not - but I still like the name. I really miss seeing Kenny there celebrating a Swans win.

He was part of the heart & soul of the club.

PS: good post. I mostly found myself nodding in agreeement.
Sorry to burst your bubble DQ. Every good club needs a Kenny.

Imo we are a 5-8 side at present.
Get on a run and we're a 1-4 team.

As long as I've watched football. This year is the epitome of anyone on their day.

People fapping over Collingwood.
Ffs if the crows needled the big sticks it would have been a 4 goal win.

People fapping over Ross and St Kilda.
Pants pulled down and out coached by the worst* in Ken in the comp.

Essendon. Say no more.

Carlton. Looked and sounded like a Landcruiser with a spoon in the gearbox. Suddenly. Rainbows.

Actually recalling back we lost in the same exact way against the Giants last season? Cognlio was free goal side and snapped a impressive goal.
You're thinking of 2021, when Josh Kelly kicked the match-winner in near identical circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be in trouble before that then Tassie team comes in 2027 to pillage the draft pool.

Hope we are well set before then

What if they recruit me away, will be a double blow 😂

You know whats amusing there is like zero pressure watching games when your not going well its weird.

I blame Bigfooty cursed website wish i never found it :p
I'm not there yet. Was definitely there in 2019 and 2020 when I had no expectations going into the season and had a lot of doubts over large portions of the team and personnel (in terms of their ability to deliver in those years, not that I didn't rate them.) This year I'm just way too bullish on what our players are capable of that to see us performing as we have been has been really hard and frustrating.

It’s off topic, but I’m always amused when people trot this line out.

Look at the picks below no.5.

Serong is often cited as “the one we missed”, but his recent form is ordinary & mirrors Freo’s midfield woes.

Tom Green was off limits.

The board would have absolutely melted if we went for a “speedy half back flanker” in Young.

Kossie Pickett didn’t fill a need & was never rated near top 5. Ditto Weightman.

There’s really nobody else from that draft that has done much. Apart from Chad at no.39.

We made a sound call.
Serong is > Stephens imho. I recall everyone was shocked at this choice for 5, no one called it. Yes it’s off topic, apologies.

I'm not there yet. Was definitely there in 2019 and 2020 when I had no expectations going into the season and had a lot of doubts over large portions of the team and personnel (in terms of their ability to deliver in those years, not that I didn't rate them.) This year I'm just way too bullish on what our players are capable of that to see us performing as we have been has been really hard and frustrating.

Generally even after our 2-0 start and 240% i saw flaws in the way we were playing especially against Hawthorn made me go hmm a better team would make us pay here.

Serong is > Stephens imho. I recall everyone was shocked at this choice for 5, no one called it. Yes it’s off topic, apologies.

Serong is far ahead of Stephens its a spite comparison

Yes we reached for Stephens a little but i can see why we went for him.

I think only 1-2 mock draft experts had us picking Stephens.

If Rampe retires, we’ll go backwards - as I honestly don’t know who the heir apparent is.

When Rampe isn’t there, you come to realise what a champion he is.

I see it as our biggest recruiting need.
It really is incredible they haven't tried to recruit more kids in the positions, or even mature agers from the WAFL etc.

Last edited:
It really is incredible they haven't tried to recruit more kids in the positions, or even mature agers.

We have overlooked our KPP stocks in defence added a ton of mids and play them on the flanks.

Presumably looking to recruit ready made defenders Paddy, Brand, Francis inquired about Moore and Barass and rumoured for McKay or De Koening.

It’s off topic, but I’m always amused when people trot this line out.

Look at the picks below no.5.

Serong is often cited as “the one we missed”, but his recent form is ordinary & mirrors Freo’s midfield woes.

Tom Green was off limits.

The board would have absolutely melted if we went for a “speedy half back flanker” in Young.

Kossie Pickett didn’t fill a need & was never rated near top 5. Ditto Weightman.

There’s really nobody else from that draft that has done much. Apart from Chad at no.39.

We made a sound call.

Serongs certainly struggling , reading the Stephens thread most were shocked we took him. he is here now and developing though, but as of today its a bad call imo

B1BD7CE1-38F4-455F-AF50-5B6C3FA77BCA.png DC818D55-9CCA-4025-AB86-03CA566D84E9.png

Serongs certainly struggling , reading the Stephens thread most were shocked we took him. he is here now and developing though, but as of today its a bad call imo

View attachment 1675220View attachment 1675223
I'm not at all certain we draft Warner three selections later if we already take a player remarkably similar with our first pick.

Even if we do, cast your mind back to 2020, and who was more ready? Warner plays two games, Serong plays 14 and wins the Rising Star. So Serong probably ends up next cab in the rank, rather than Warner, who probably doesn't even get a look in in our midfield.

So I just don't get the Serong comparisons. We needed a wingman then and evidently we still do, because as of the weekend, Stephens was the only AFL-standard actual wingman we had in the team (McInerney out of form, Warner Jr. dropped.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back