Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe the selections to be honest, this better work.

For me Noble is really stiff and WHE is the luckiest player on the planet.

I would have dropped WHE kept Noble, dropped Cox and played Ginni, and in my opinion the big one is Howe, I see a better balance with Frampton in over Howe.
Frampton is our only accountable talk defender, he locks down and when he plays we dont concede nearly as many goals,
He also allows Moore and Murph to zone off, now we have 3 defenders including Howe who are mighty suspect on positioning.
WHE is a very valuable player who has been good for most of the year. Cox has to play when Gawn is the opposing ruckman. For a team with three mighty suspect defenders we had the best defense in the competition for most of the year until the dead rubbers began.

Melbourne's forward line is pretty bad, other than when Petracca is resting there im pretty confident in our defenders winning more contests

It doesn't matter who they have down there if our team defence allows it to get to an outnumber in their favour in our back 50. That's been our biggest problem when we play poorly.

Disagree. I consider Noble a fair bit better than Markov. Gives more run with the ball, and is more desperate in his defending and attack on the ball, man. For me Noble is the sort of player you want in finals, Markov is untried as far as I'm aware.

This is the first time we've gone with this defence. Unusual coming into a final, a really odd move.
I don't think Noble provides more run. He might be more desperate in defence, but he is more physically limited. There are several finals games Noble has played at a poor level, including our most recent one.

It's very tough, but many - most importantly the coaches - have come to the conclusion that Markov has squeezed him out

Murphy on Van Rooyen
Moore on Fritsch
Howe on McDonald
Maynard on Neal-Bullen/J.Smith
IQ on Pickett
Markov on Chandler
Moore on Van Rooyen
Murphy on McDonald
Howe on J.Smith
Maynard on Neal-Bullen (or Petracca)
IQ on Pickett
Markov on Chandler
WHE (designated to play more 1v1 than zone) on Fritsch

The WHE match-up is clearly controversial. I'm not sure if this will be a specific match-up (to go more conservatively 1v1 lockdown on him, in spite of the rest of the defence being more heavily zone) or whether he trained with the backs during the week purely as a back-up option.

Noble was one of our best early in the season but has tapered off since the bye. Oleg has had a magnificent season to take his place for the first final. Of the two, he has been the form player in recent games. Noble is very stiff though.
I've thought Johnny has been running up and down on the spot recently, so maybe he needs a break.
He's been great for us, but he seems exhausted.

I've thought Johnny has been running up and down on the spot recently, so maybe he needs a break.
He's been great for us, but he seems exhausted.
did have that ankle injury recently too. He'll be back, hungrier than ever from this I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these people that are shocked at the selection, angry and can't understand it :tearsofjoy:

Soooo many of you, you all must know better than the coaches ey lmao, you know, the same coaches that had us finish on top of the ladder a game clear with a hard draw lol

When you understand how daft the average person is, realise, half of all people are more daft than that.

That's what's happening right now, they are showing themselves.
Calm down big fella. It's an open discussion, play the ball not the man.

Can’t believe the selections to be honest, this better work.

For me Noble is really stiff and WHE is the luckiest player on the planet.

I would have dropped WHE kept Noble, dropped Cox and played Ginni, and in my opinion the big one is Howe, I see a better balance with Frampton in over Howe.
Frampton is our only accountable talk defender, he locks down and when he plays we dont concede nearly as many goals,
He also allows Moore and Murph to zone off, now we have 3 defenders including Howe who are mighty suspect on positioning.
Don’t mind this take tho Cox in for mine. If Frampton as well, the Cameron out.

All these people that are shocked at the selection, angry and can't understand it :tearsofjoy:

Soooo many of you, you all must know better than the coaches ey lmao, you know, the same coaches that had us finish on top of the ladder a game clear with a hard draw lol

When you understand how daft the average person is, realise, half of all people are more daft than that.

That's what's happening right now, they are showing themselves.
Look at him go bang! I'll give you a clue, everyone's laughing at you, not with you big fella.

You've come out of your little cooker bunker, hey. Take it the Qanon forums have gotten a bit boring these days?

View attachment 1795624

We’re all feeling it with you, Johnny ****ing Noble.

Massive call by the selection committee. Bold call.

I hope this doesn’t bite us on the bum.
I think he will be back at some stage. If we have to play Carlton they have a number of small forwards as do the Lions. I think Markov has him covered at the moment because he is just as quick (maybe quicker) and taller/stronger.

Look at him go bang! I'll give you a clue, everyone's laughing at you, not with you big fella.

You've come out of your little cooker bunker, hey. Take it the Qanon forums have gotten a bit boring these days?
Why do people get personal when someone holds a different opinion?

I’m not laughing at him. He’s spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back