Traded James Stewart [traded to Essendon for pick 77]

Remove this Banner Ad

I highly doubt you will lose him, but Id say youd be after someone with a little more presence.

I think Stewart's generally being undervalued on this thread, but this is my one big knock on him - he really doesn't have a physical presence.

The problem is that someone's probably going to trade him in as their main target and get burned. To date he's he's not shown that (though that could change). In my mind he's a second option at best.

Exactly.
Makes sense to bundle them together if we can get Stewart to nominate us.

From the looks of it Stewart just wants to play senior football, and he'll certainly get that opportunity at Carlton.

We'll see but I'm not sure he'll nominate a preference.

I agree but don't want us improving on our initial offer for Marchy, #23 or our 2017 second rounder should be the starting point.

We'll likely have to add to our offer if we're getting Stewart in return as well, unless we can come to an agreement whereby we balance things out by taking an unwanted contract or two off their hands.

They can forget about pick 5 unless they add a seriously good player or a top 10 pick.

He was offered a contract, highly doubt he will be given away. WHE will be the cap dump going cheap.

Amazing how quickly some things can change. I remember some pretty irate GWS supporters just a few months ago when I suggested WHE could be a salary dump.

5 for Marchbank and Stewart and 15.

No thanks.

Blues building a nice little spine.

Weitering
Marchbank
Cripps
Stewart
Casboult

Just need to replace Casboult and it's a quality 10-12 year spine.

Harry McKay, hopefully.

Not sure if there is any chance we're in for him but wouldn't mind if we had a look - especially if Vickery leaves. After Jack, we don't have many options in the KPF stocks.

I think Stewart's generally being undervalued on this thread, but this is my one big knock on him - he really doesn't have a physical presence.

The problem is that someone's probably going to trade him in as their main target and get burned. To date he's he's not shown that (though that could change). In my mind he's a second option at best.
He's not a KPF, he's a tall flanker who can chop out in the ruck, in the Jesse White mould. Anyone expecting him to play as an effective CHF or FF is going to be disappointed.

If we can manage to land these players without using pick 5, that will be a huge step in our rebuild.

Pies must be spewing they skipped Stewart to keep the likes of Jesse White and target players like Chris Mayne.
I hope you guys get him only to find out that he's Jesse White MK II. You'll be hard pressed to find a pies fan who's upset about taking Ramsay over him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That makes him a good fit for Carlton then with Casboult up forward taking the no 1 defender and Kruezer chopping out forward at times.
Stewart gets defender no 2/3 and is surely an upgrade on Jones & Everitt.

That makes him a good fit for Carlton then with Casboult up forward taking the no 1 defender and Kruezer chopping out forward at times.
Stewart gets defender no 2/3 and is surely an upgrade on Jones & Everitt.

Gives more time for mckay to develop

Hi Guys,
Bulldogs will offload...
Jong 22 Gold Coast
Stevens 28 Essendon
Hrovat 23 Carlton

so will have picks

I think Stuart will come to us at pick 35

Hi Guys,
Bulldogs will offload...
Jong 22 Gold Coast
Stevens 28 Essendon
Hrovat 23 Carlton

so will have picks

I think Stuart will come to us at pick 35

No thanks, don't want a list clogger in Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back