Teams 2017 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 average?

Have to agree to disagree on this one.

Considering I'm already taking a punt on D.Beams and Roughy, and possibly Ryder, I have enough mid-pricers to worry about.
Fyfe at M6, or at M5 with Beams at M6, means no room for Murph.
I want those big mid premos for some massive early scores!
We are on the same page really, Beams is a no brainer if he looks fit and plays some extensive minutes in the JLT.
Question though so if Beams goes down, Marcus is no chance for your SC spread?

We are on the same page really, Beams is a no brainer if he looks fit and plays some extensive minutes in the JLT.
Question though so if Beams goes down, Marcus is no chance for your SC spread?

Well I don't have Beams at the moment. Fyfe is at M6.

If Beams comes up, I'll swap out one of my premo mids for him, then use the cash elsewhere. Not sure where though, still early days.
But this is my likely set-up.

Experimented too much last year and was always ranked 20k+

Going back to the strategies that got me top 2K.

Well I don't have Beams at the moment. Fyfe is at M6.

If Beams comes up, I'll swap out one of my premo mids for him, then use the cash elsewhere. Not sure where though, still early days.
But this is my likely set-up.

Experimented too much last year and was always ranked 20k+

Going back to the strategies that got me top 2K.
Good luck, and thanks for the advice mate.:thumbsu:

View attachment 339089

3 years, he's been pretty injured the last 2. Still averaged 103 in 2015 while hampered. 106 the year before that which is well and truely worthy of keeper status. If he's fit his ceiling, even with Cripps is extremely high. The only issue is working out just how fit he really is. He's got more help this year than he's ever had and given his class by foot it will allow him to be even more damaging. If there is any mid pricer to start with imo it's Murphy. You're saying Beams is a better selection I hardly thing a guy who has never played 22 games in a year is better value. Beams hasn't had a full preseason and Murphy has, your logic is abit off there bud
View attachment 339093

Even Nat Fyfe isn't that much of a lock given how much he misses throughout the year in his most dominant years he's missed 4 games. That's a lot to be playing an additional rookie on field for him when he's out. You'd be taking more of a risk with Beams and Fyfe than would be with Murphy.
View attachment 339095

If both are fully fit, Beams is a far better choice, as he has a much, much higher ceiling.
That's what I'm looking for.

I want my midfielders all to be averaging 110+, which I don't think Murphy will do.
Just my opinion, yours is different.

Like I said in my previous post, I don't even have Beams right now, as I have some risk already.
But like every SC'er, I will be watching him closely in the JLT.

EDIT: I get your point about games played, but there's no reason that both couldn't come up and play 20+ this year. Good luck mate!

View attachment 339089

3 years, he's been pretty injured the last 2. Still averaged 103 in 2015 while hampered. 106 the year before that which is well and truely worthy of keeper status. If he's fit his ceiling, even with Cripps is extremely high. The only issue is working out just how fit he really is. He's got more help this year than he's ever had and given his class by foot it will allow him to be even more damaging. If there is any mid pricer to start with imo it's Murphy. You're saying Beams is a better selection I hardly thing a guy who has never played 22 games in a year is better value. Beams hasn't had a full preseason and Murphy has, your logic is abit off there bud
View attachment 339093

Even Nat Fyfe isn't that much of a lock given how much he misses throughout the year in his most dominant years he's missed 4 games. That's a lot to be playing an additional rookie on field for him when he's out. You'd be taking more of a risk with Beams and Fyfe than would be with Murphy.
View attachment 339095
Nice post, agreed on Murphy he's a great mid pricer, had him before and he performed nicely.

Age is a worry, still think its worth the risk with Beams if we can determine just how fit he is.

gutsroy can you make up a Notice Of Warning regarding Mid Price madness...
It's rampent like the rabbit plague of 1910.
There you go, gave it a lash, decided to have a bob each way (and definitely missed a few blokes on each side of the ledger) :thumbsu:
midprice1.jpg

midprice2.jpg

Why were people picking Chad last season? The guy was 22 years old and a small forward at 520k.
Question was for those who started with him.
I'll put my hand up.
I blame Zorko as I had him and when he got suspended for round one, Wingard got the gig. Worst SC decision I've ever made. I wasn't game to count up how many points that cost me. Will come as no surprise to anyone that he's now on my never again list.

I'll put my hand up.
I blame Zorko as I had him and when he got suspended for round one, Wingard got the gig. Worst SC decision I've ever made. I wasn't game to count up how many points that cost me. Will come as no surprise to anyone that he's now on my never again list.
Wingard's average last five years. If this is any indication he should average close to 100 again this year. Will be interested to see if he plays midfield in the preseason games.

upload_2017-2-23_8-19-42.png

Be savage. Probably my best attempt at an all premo rookie team to date. Untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 4
Wingard.
The ultimate burnman, enjoying his yearly midfield move in the pre-season comp.
Burned me massively in 2014, and his 2016 was no different. But based on his 2013 and 2015 seasons, could become a top 6 FWD (and it is an odd numbered year!)
But I won't start him. Too many bad memories.
Chad hasnt played midfield in any of the pre season comps yet. He may have had 5 minute stints in there, but nothing majorly. Expecting the

Why would they play a massively talented goal kicker away from the goals? No doubt will go forward again though.
Because we have another massively talented goal kicker to take his place also...
He will rotate 50/50 with Robbie between forward and midfield, as there should always be one of those two in there. There is no talk saying that he will permenantly play midfield, nor that he should

100+ average and top 3 fwd coming up :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll put my hand up.

My next point is...that type of price for that type of player should be on your never again list. Not the actual player as a whole.
I mentioned in earlier posts that Chad has played more games than anyone in his draft year, so its not like hes a chronic burn.
Hes 23 now and about to play midfield minutes (Steve Johnson comes to mind).

This is true, but those that started with Fyfe and GAJ weren't rewarded last year. In fact, those that took those two for the very reasons you outlined (scared of leaking points), arguably leaked more points by actually taking them rather than if they had missed out.

It's okay to take some risks, as long as you don't take too many risks. If you're taking Beams, D Swallow, GAJ and Fyfe, you are asking for trouble IMO.
Agree that too many is suicide. Think Gawn last year was an educated risk. Gawn this year is no risk, as stated previous. Think too much going against Gaz this year for him to be considered early. Swallow is mid pricer and not a keeper. Comes down to Fyfe and Beams and dont think you can have both of trying to minimise risk.

There you go, gave it a lash, decided to have a bob each way (and definitely missed a few blokes on each side of the ledger) :thumbsu:
View attachment 339136

View attachment 339138
Brilliant!

But now I'm questioning myself.

This is how my team looks at the moment.
1531b858d2e4901661d66992a670f1ad.jpg

Nice post, agreed on Murphy he's a great mid pricer, had him before and he performed nicely.

Age is a worry, still think its worth the risk with Beams if we can determine just how fit he is.
I think the preseasons of both put it into perspective, Murphy will be playing full game time, whether it's 2 or 3 games that's still to be seen but Beams will be under restrictions, maybe half of each game, of what I've read he's barely been in full training for a week if that, pretty sure they just passed him to get some fitness back into his legs because he hasn't trained with the main group much. Beams may well fork out 18 games this year, the quality of those games may taper as the year goes on due to lack of fitness. Where Murphy has said himself that he feels 22 again which is nothing but exciting things for us. At the moment I have neither but if push came to shove I'd much rather take a punt on Murphy than Beams this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back