Game Day Good, Bad, and Deplorable vs Geepires (Geelong & the Umpires)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2007
Tough as Nuts
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood, Glenelg, East Side Hawks
Good
WE BEAT GEELONG!!!!!!!!!!! Finally.
Keath did some nice things.
Sloaney kicking 3 goals just a week after being knocked out.

Bad
Inaccurate kicking in the second half. We could have had them well and truly buried by 3 quarter time if we could have kicked straighter.

Deplorable
Umpiring, yet again. One of these years they'll learn how to do their job properly.
#freekickgeelong

Good
  • We won against Geelong, finally
  • Rory Sloane! * me what a display, particularly in the first half. 3 goals!
  • Richard Douglas back in form with some very handy work around goal.
  • Matt and Brad Crouch were immense in the clearances
  • Greenwood is a bloody star. What a player he is going to be.
  • Alex Keath was very handy on debut. Umpires destroyed him against Taylor a few times, but I thought he offered a fair bit to our team
  • Our aggression at times was superb. Loved giving the niggle and even starting some small melees at times
  • Knight on Selwood was a huge success. Finally we learn to tag.
  • Pyke changed our tactics and it was successful
Bad
  • Joel Selwood. What a flog. Diving like a little bitch and even eye gouging Knight. Pure scum.
  • Patrick Dangerfield
Disgraceful
  • One of the most blatant displays of umpires cheating I've ever seen. The calls going against us were just ridiculous, and the non calls we didn't receive were just ******* unbelievable. The fact it was so obvious just blows my mind.

Last edited:

Good
Keath did some really good things in that last quarter.
Greenwood
The tackling and pressure, the niggle and bump.
Douglas
Charlie

Bad
In that last quarter i think it got to the crows we tightened up.
Some of the kicks for goal. (esp tex)

Ugly
In no way was the umpiring equal. They were picking out frees. And Geelong got way more time to "dispose" of the ball.
Geelong came back because of the umps.

Thank you Adelaide for a wonderful evening, watching those arrogant Handbaggers get their comeuppance is always a treat. Best of luck in September too, I'll be barracking hard for you guys and would love to see you win a flag for Phil Walsh.

Can't wait until we are good enough to neutralise s**t umpiring like you guys did tonight.

Fair effort to get over the line despite the efforts of the whistleblowers. Might be the real thing this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to knock off Geelong at last.

Honestly I've only seen the last quarter. I swear I'm a bad luck charm because we seemed to be doing everything we could to lose. Still and ugly win is still worth 4 points.

Welldone, Cant believe the charity Geelong was receiving, if that was Hawks playing I would have been ropable.
You guys have made a statement heading into the pointy end and good luck for the rest of the season!

We basically did to them what they've done to us - pound them in to submission early until they shat the bed.

That first half was exceptional. Effective tackling the highlight.

Their junk goals late were like ours against them in Round 11.

Umpiring borderline cheating.

We're in this up to our eyeballs if the midfield sustains this form.

On to Collingwood. Let's get this done.

Good- Sloane gun game
Atkins - great kicking
Pressure was awesome by everyone.
Greenwood - when he builds an engine for full time midfield he's going to be crazy good.

Bad-
Umpiring, it was just embarrassing.
Razor Ray you can go and get ****ed

Mirror image of a few weeks ago. Wed all have taken that win before the game. Umpire fail. Great intensity for three quarters. Held them goalless for the last 15 minutes of the game when they were coming. Well done midfield. Great defensively in the air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back