Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one thing to applaud the political gamesmanship being played. I think it's pathetic, and agree with your sentiment quoted.

It's another thing to applaud the disenfranchisement of 500,000 voters.

It really means nothing in terms of being disenfranchised on the floor of parliament in terms of voting. Major parties don't vote along constituent lines, they vote along party lines. Where the lack of representation exists is the ability of these people to roll into the electoral office of their local member and be represented.

It really means nothing in terms of being disenfranchised on the floor of parliament in terms of voting. Major parties don't vote along constituent lines, they vote along party lines. Where the lack of representation exists is the ability of these people to roll into the electoral office of their local member and be represented.
They don't currently have a member in parliament, regardless of whether or not they're voting along parliamentary lines - and they're being denied the right to have this representation because Turnbull has delayed the vote for as long as possible.

Or being denied the ability to vote for an eligible candidate.

Seems these people were already denied the right to begin with.
They were represented up until the moment their MPs resigned. Now they have no representative, and Turnbull is unreasonably denying their right to representation by delaying the vote for as long as possible.

They were represented up until the moment their MPs resigned. Now they have no representative, and Turnbull is unreasonably denying their right to representation by delaying the vote for as long as possible.
They were represented by someone ineligible to represent them. They have been denied their right to representation since election night.

They don't currently have a member in parliament, regardless of whether or not they're voting along parliamentary lines - and they're being denied the right to have this representation because Turnbull has delayed the vote for as long as possible.

Yeh, but it means nothing in terms of parliamentary voting representation. Theoretically yes, practically no.

They were represented by someone ineligible to represent them. They have been denied their right to representation since election night.
No. They haven't. The votes of their representatives were accepted for the entire duration of their time in Parliament, and those votes are not being changed retrospectively. They were represented, and now they're not - and Turnbull is denying them representation in a timely manner.

I wouldn’t go replacing ones already there, but for new ones, why not have them as women?

latest

So Treasurey figures shows Malcolm’s tax plan actually benefits those under $80k the most by a long way, so what’s Bill going to complain about now?

Why, it's only money .....and Men couldn't give a rats toss .....but it's yet another victory for women :rolleyes:

Common sense would suggest the procurement of both versions going forward. Burning money replacing perfectly good, working devices is pure idiocy. Having said that, as a male, I wouldn't care if in the future all symbols are of the fairer variety. That anyone thinks this important is hilarious, you'd have to be sad individual to give a s**t.

I wouldn’t go replacing ones already there, but for new ones, why not have them as women?

Agree with this. But, what if we have a single version that has boobs and a schlong. That way we get males, females and transgender. Seriously though, who cares, just make them all female characters so that nobody in the future will get offended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Common sense would suggest the procurement of both versions going forward. Burning money replacing perfectly good, working devices is pure idiocy. Having said that, as a male, I wouldn't care if in the future all symbols are of the fairer variety. That anyone thinks this important is hilarious, you'd have to be sad individual to give a s**t.
That's the suggestion though .....me, couldn't care less ....only go by color, not the symbol

How about you spend your Council money and resources fixing roads properly, providing resources to lonely elderly or engaging with youth so they fulfill their potential? FMD.

Fine. I decree all traffic lights in Indonesia, where Sharia Law is the majority, need to change to accommodate this Imam. Here, where you're a minority? GAGF.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...k/news-story/21e0e5a278e9a4d1f5cab0b153c702e9

Eight months after the first patient entered the new facility in Adelaide’s CBD, serious problems persist, say people at the coalface.

The new State Government, which took office in March, said bungles at the hospital were “staggering” while parts of the building were “not fit for purpose” and would have to be rebuilt.
Just once I'd like to see those in office who oversee these Class A *ups held accountable.

And it's easy to start. Jack Snelling and Jay Weatherill, you presided over this cluster*, so no golden-edged pension and life-time benefits for you until we recoup our $2.4 billion. It's not much, but it's a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back