Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

And in the mean time we'll get 12 months of excellent talent for $120k.

That’s assuming he has the motivation to play at his best for you after the himself and his family have been treated by the club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are Geelong fans not keen on the 20 and 22 picks?

Could they potentially leverage that into something else this trade period whilst there's still time?

There isn't anything to say that there hasn't been discussions with the Eagles - and given that our demand to satisfy us in a trade was made clear eight days ago, I'm not sure what more was needed.

I find this "in good faith" thing to be a bit much, to be honest. Geelong couldn't have been clearer about the circumstances under which it will trade Kelly, and the fact that such a deal would be exceptional - a failure to trade in "good faith" would then be to turn down a top-10 pick, were it to be offered.

This notion of "good faith" seems to also suggest that there's an onus on us to trade him once an "objectively" fair valuation can be found - not something that I agree with. Given he is, undoubtedly, facing difficult family circumstances, there would be the possibility to take the Fremantle offer if things were desperate.
And yet that offer was never real, as demonstrated by their immediate and necessary use of pick 11 in trying to get the Lobb trade done.

Last year deledio publically nominated geelong but ended up at gws.

Last year?

Can't blame Kelly for not considering Freo IMHO. Ross will probably be gone within 12 months. Won't be a fun place in the meantime.

That's not true.

They never even indicated an appropriate value to WC. Pretty hard to "not want to pony up", when the club you are dealing with, won't even talk to you about what it wants. Seems clear Wells made an arbitrary public comment, one for the PR, then behind close doors just ignored WC because they had no intention of trading.

If WC get pick 9 or 11, I bet he just shifts the goalposts.

Kelly himself (if you believe his manager) point-blank refused to go to Fremantle. That has hampered us significantly by taking away literally half of our possible options.

It's not our obligation to agree to: "Well we will only be traded to one team, and they only have unders, so you just have to cop it".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s assuming he has the motivation to play at his best for you after the himself and his family have been treated by the club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Treated how by the club? He is the one who hasnt been treating the club with respect by pretending he had to really go home when he didnt really have to. He just wanted to. Not to mention he has been fielding an offer from west coast in the first year of a contract. Pretty poor by both kelly and west coast. The only group that comes out looking good out of this is geelong.

Surprise surprise.

They had no intention of doing the right thing, or entertaining a trade.

Exactly as I said.
What do you mean, "the right thing"? Letting Kelly go for 20 and 22 because it was the best the Eagles could offer without dipping into future picks or their playing list, and Kelly won't consider Freo?

Yes but if that nominated club cant make a deal they usually swap and nominate another. Caddy originally nominated essendon, then north and ended up at geelong. Last year deledio publically nominated geelong but ended up at gws.
A deal rarely never happens.

See the current Beams trade now, he has picked Collingwood and only Collingwood for personal reasons, but will stay at Brisbane.

After the way many Geelong supporters have behaved and the club has been belligerent, unlikely he will want to stay.

A deal rarely never happens.

See the current Beams trade now, he has picked Collingwood and only Collingwood for personal reasons, but will stay at Brisbane.

After the way many Geelong supporters have behaved and the club has been belligerent, unlikely he will want to stay.
There are heaps of examples. Delidio, caddy, ablett, gibbs just off the top of my head. Not to mention the thousands of ones that dont make it public cos the club simply tells a contracted player no. Kellys would of been one such example if he didnt use his kids as leverage.

And yet that offer was never real, as demonstrated by their immediate and necessary use of pick 11 in trying to get the Lobb trade done.
You have absolutely no idea whether Wells would have accepted p11 from Freo. Besides, Geelong has a history of being fairly generous and upfront in trade negotiations - there's no reason to disbelieve when he said he would do it for a top-10 pick.

Given that GWS appears to be having a bit of a salary-dumping fire sale, I don't see why Lobb would require 11 to be honest.

Are west coast reclaiming the most immoral club in the league from essendon?

Yep. We dragged a indigenous player with an autistic kid, wife pregnant with twins across the country into a shitehole of a place.

I don’t think Essendon did that.

#thereisnoplacelikehomeunlessyouaretimkelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back