Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints will need to pay overs so pick 5 is fair, maybe even swapping some 4th rd to 3rd rd for Freo... if deal isnt done quickly.

Reality check for St Kilda fans: Fremantle play hardball.

They demanded pick 2 flat from Gold Coast for Lachie Weller, and got their way in the end. Brad Hill is both a better, more important player, and has a longer contract. St Kilda fans are dreaming if they think they can get Hill for less than pick 5.

Would be a good plan to demand a pick less than 5 - except we don’t have a pick less than 5.

Over to Carlton and Melbourne to outbid the Saints and get Hill onboard then I guess.

I'd be fine with trading pick 5 for Hill. Wouldn't be surprised if St Kilda first splits 5 into multiple picks along the lines of 10 and 20, and then offers 10 and Acres.

I dont see the need from fellow Freo supporters to require pick 5. Most supporters want freo to draft local talent. At pick 5 we are reaching for the local pleyers. A pick in the realm of 10-12 plus Acres is ideal for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reality check for St Kilda fans: Fremantle play hardball.

They demanded pick 2 flat from Gold Coast for Lachie Weller, and got their way in the end. Brad Hill is both a better, more important player, and has a longer contract. St Kilda fans are dreaming if they think they can get Hill for less than pick 5.

I reckon Freo weren’t going to trade Weller at all. Said pick 2 or nah with every thought GC would say no.
Gold Coast baulked.

There always is my friend. There always is.

View attachment 736496
images

better pic for the situation

The kicker is a 2 year contract.
I dont see the need from fellow Freo supporters to require pick 5. Most supporters want freo to draft local talent. At pick 5 we are reaching for the local pleyers. A pick in the realm of 10-12 plus Acres is ideal for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Supporters always want local talent, our club rarely focuses on it though except with trading. We do like a good deal though. With a 2 year contract I can't see him going on fair value of pick 10-15. Another thing will be what we can do with the currency, Tim Kelly wants us and getting a deal for Hill becomes important. No players to bring in leaves Freo in the position to hold out for pick 5 if we need to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we include Acres in that deal? Pick 5 should easily be enough

Very easily I can see us just cooling our jets and maybe not trading BHIll if there's not a deal that works. I don't usually believe that's the case and teams usually get a deal done but BHilly's has got two years left. In similar situation there are precedents that show a team will just hold their ground. The most recent two are Bryce Gibbs and Tim Kelly.

In the end an older Gibbs went for the equivalent of pick 5 and a second rounder a year later so Carlton lost nothing and possibly gained more by holding him for another year.

It is likely that Tim Kelly will cost Freo or West Coast more this year than last as well.

It's not like BHill is going 'home' either. Sure, his partner wants to but again as we saw with Tim Kelly that won't always get the job done.

So BHill just might go all in and try burn his bridges at Freo so they will be more likely to trade him? SHill just signed a two year deal. Is BHill going to trash the team that his brother plays for?

The Saints are the ones under pressure to make this one work and like I said before, if Gibbs is worth the equivalent of pick 5 and a second rounder as a 28 year old, the leading metres gained and goal assist wingman in the league would be worth the same you'd think. Most would have Acres at a second round pick value so it's not as far fetched as you think.

Last edited:
Pick 5 for a player who didn't even make the AA squad. Now I've heard it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serious question for anyone that can help. What's in the water over in the west that makes inhabitants of that part of the country borderline delusional?

Did Tim Kelly make All Australian last year?

How many of you Cats supporters were saying two firsts last year?

Take some time to think champ. I'll be here waiting.

Serious question for anyone that can help. What's in the water over in the west that makes inhabitants of that part of the country borderline delusional?
You realise the AA is a load of crap.

Glen Jokevich selects the WA players to be considered.

The year Fremantle made the grand final we only had one player in the AA.

Probably worth watching a game that doesn't involve Geelong. Hill is a jet.

Did Tim Kelly make All Australian last year?

How many of you Cats supporters were saying two firsts last year?

Take some time to think champ. I'll be here waiting.
You're comparing Kelly to Hill. There's your first problem.

So no response to my question?

Maybe you should have thought for a bit longer if that's all you got.

Thanks for playing though. Pick a prize from the bottom shelf.
Back to my question about the water.

Hill has played 149 games and never been AA. He has a career tally of 11 brownlow votes ... Kelly surpassed that in his first year and in his 2nd year made the AA team.

It's like comparing Justin Bieber to Freddie Mercury.

Pick 5. Lol.

I wonder if the man the legend of B Hill is about to explode by Hathorn supporters thinking they can nail him under St kildas nose

Back