List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was half Brander's problem at WCE, they seemed to have little idea of what his best position was and has been shown by Blakey finding the right spot can be a huge benefit to the player and the team.

Brander seemed to be going OK early in the season on the wing, but then was out of the team and now seemingly out the door.

I haven't seen enough of him to have a strong view, other than he is a good kick and certainly mobile for a guy his size.
However if he were to be considered then the player and the club need to be clear and in agreement about what his best position is.
No point in trading in a guy who is unhappy playing on the wing when he wants to be a forward, there wouldn't be the 'buy in'.
He's been delisted, cheap as it gets

We may share Hewett opinions and I generally agree with your posts, but this I cannot abide. Even though I was only born in 86 (hence the name), Blue Monday and Bizarre Love Triangle are classics.

I thought you were different...

He's been delisted, cheap as it gets
he hasn't been delisted. Hes just been put up for trade, and won't be offered a contract until after the trade period .
If we are signing sinkers it’s because Hayes rejected us second year in a row
Yep, reckon you're right, Still not convinced we will resign Sinkers. Should find out if that rumour is true next week

The re-generation of our backline is going to be a challenge.
Rampe-32
Lloyd-29
Cunningham-29

We have Gould-20
and COR-26

OK. No problem
Yup. Hoping Gould makes the most of this one year contract and earn himself a debut season. We have also got Barry O'Connor. Has anybody seen him play in the ressies? How does he look?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The re-generation of our backline is going to be a challenge.
Rampe-32
Lloyd-29
Cunningham-29

We have Gould-20
and COR-26

OK. No problem
On the positive side the forward line is just a key position player from being set for 5 years and the mids just need a little depth.

so just ruck and some backline pieces isn’t too bad

We have also got Barry O'Connor. Has anybody seen him play in the ressies? How does he look?

I think it's been difficult circumstances for him. No Aussie Rules background, arrives last year, only scrimmages and this season again disrupted.

I did say this about him after his first reserves game (beating GWS in late April);
One guy who did catch my eye was O'Connor.
Played in the scrimmages last year, but first competitive game and looked comfortable. Smooth mover, who looks like he understands the game.
Definitely promising and I actually thought he was better than Gould & COR down back.

Others had similarly positive thoughts.

Rest of the season he was IMO a little bit hit and miss, but understandable for a guy learning the game.
What he does also have is a bit of aggression, which is always good to see in a guy new to the game.

I also like he's stuck it out, without family, throughout the whole two years of covid.

Mentioned earlier (in the playing contract thread) it seems he'll be back this season and hopefully he gets a good run at it, continues to develop and pushes for selection at senior level.

Yes Archie was.It was me who mentioned him. He is 26. In the right age frame. He is actually a very good Ruckman. I think if it weren't for Oscar he would be Lions, first ruck.

As for Blakey being a better mark he is yet to prove that he is a consistently good mark. Dawson is, a very good player. He has a steadiness under pressure which good players always have. Blakey is, still developing but Dawson is already the real deal.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I liked having both.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson having dinner at Sloanes place made the nightly news…

:rolleyes:

I know the odds of him re-signing are extremely slim, but this sort of intrusion/focus is an insight of what he'll have to put up with in SA.
He seems like a fairly quiet character and I'm not sure the loss of anonymity (compared to Sydney) will sit well with him.

I can hope.

Dawson having dinner at Sloanes place made the nightly news…

Buddy must be glad to see the back of Dawson. I'd imagine he's getting pretty sick of Dawson's every move making the headlines. He's even started over-stuffing his bins so that they take longer to wheel down the driveway for photo ops.

It's hard trying to keep this side together. I'm with you.

That it is rusty, but we have no choice. If we ever want to win a flag with this group then we can't keep losing the key parts of it.

I really hope the club is looking at strategies of list management they can use to keep this young core together for the better part of the next decade.

Does anyone remember who was saying he we resigning Sinclair??

even if we want to, I hope we wait u til after trade period. He really is a last resort and we should do everything we can to get abetter option.

Does anyone remember who was saying he we resigning Sinclair??

even if we want to, I hope we wait u til after trade period. He really is a last resort and we should do everything we can to get abetter option.
No reason we can’t have both. Sinclair on minimum wages acting as a mentor in the VFL to the young talls is not a bad thing. He can play as a tall forward and be used as a last resort.

No reason we can’t have both. Sinclair on minimum wages acting as a mentor in the VFL to the young talls is not a bad thing. He can play as a tall forward and be used as a last resort.
If he is playing as a tall forward we have very very big problems.

I mean if we are paying a senior as pure backup on minimum $ I’d rather Reid because of his versatility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back