Player Watch #11 Tom Papley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

big_bazza

Club Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
Its nice to see my current favorite swans now wearing the same number as one of my former favorite swans number, lets just hope he can match Laidler's output. Naaa jokes, obviously talking about the great father of the bloods culture Stuey Maxfield.

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Its nice to see my current favorite swans now wearing the same number as one of my former favorite swans number, lets just hope he can match Laidler's output. Naaa jokes, obviously talking about the great father of the bloods culture Stuey Maxfield.
Max Papley, Peter Bedford, Stuey Maxfield, ...

A few club champions (many times over) Brownlow medallist, ..... and a future premiership player :)

AFL Club
Sydney
Moderator #260
Careful making fun of Laids... swansfan51 might ban you! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Papley is on track to kick around 17-19 goals this year (his previous tallies are 29 and 30). Meanwhile he's averaging 13.8 disposals this year, down on last year's 15.6. So playing him with an increased midfield role is not only lessening his ability to impact the scoreboard, but also doing nothing to increase his impact on the game in other ways.

The jig is up Horse. He should be a permanent small forward.

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
This is one of the most confusing decisions being made right now. When we don't have Franklin in the side, why on earth would we take one of our only players with real forward nous and play him primarily in the midfield.

The King!

Chosen One
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
This is one of the most confusing decisions being made right now. When we don't have Franklin in the side, why on earth would we take one of our only players with real forward nous and play him primarily in the midfield.

He’s also never really shown that much in the middle either.

Most coaches would look and say ok I have papley who could kick me 40 a year easy, ive got Hayward who could do similar. Can use Rohan’s forward pressure and Heeney can’t kick for goal at the moment and looks classy in the middle

So how about heeney in the guts and the other 3 forward

Instead we got Rohan back, papley in the centre, Hayward on a wing and heeney forward

Punts

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
He’s also never really shown that much in the middle either.

Most coaches would look and say ok I have papley who could kick me 40 a year easy, ive got Hayward who could do similar. Can use Rohan’s forward pressure and Heeney can’t kick for goal at the moment and looks classy in the middle

So how about heeney in the guts and the other 3 forward

Instead we got Rohan back, papley in the centre, Hayward on a wing and heeney forward
Very true and just plain stupid when you break it

No idea why they are ******* around

Like playing Aliir forward

TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
We are struggling for players who can break away from the contest. Papley is one that has shown he can do that. Jones is probably another. That’s no doubt why he has been tried amongst our fairly one dimensional midfield group.

At this stage we have few others and almost nobody that is ready for AFL footy.

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
We are struggling for players who can break away from the contest. Papley is one that has shown he can do that. Jones is probably another. That’s no doubt why he has been tried amongst our fairly one dimensional midfield group.

At this stage we have few others and almost nobody that is ready for AFL footy.
Not saying it hasn't happened, but nothing stands out to me when I try and think of a time Papley has broken away from a midfield stoppage.

He should be crumbing forward where he's shown exceptional nous and timing.

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
It seems like I'm in the minority here but I thought he played mostly forward last night. Only started 1 center bounce in the middle (out of 22). Prior to that though, I agree he has been playing quite a lot of midfield.
I just barely saw him last night. Whenever I did see him it seemed he wasn't forward.

Top Bottom