Analysis 17-round AFL fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish, we are one of the largest crowd-pulling teams, if the season shortens, and it must, then expect maximum maximisation!
Exactly , we aren’t the only ones that gain from averaging 60;000 a home game , expect us to be playing 14-15 mcg games a year for foreseeable future as afl look to rebuild finances that will take a reeming

The season will not go ahead....as soon as one player tests positive then the whole team will have to be quarantined for at least two weeks. Ain't gonna happen, all this BS from AFL is contingency planning. The inevitability is staring us in the face.

Sorry to be a 'Debbie Downer' but them's the reality.
Unfortunately that's probably the reality

Dangerfield gets his wish, his s**t club will still be DOA come finals time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Damn, I thought you were going to say Peter Dutton was being sent to Christmas Island..... talk about the highs and lows in your posting :think:

I think r1 will go ahead while the coast is clear and players are fit , bank the games as at some stage a suspension will take place , with 40 weeks of year remaining I think it’s clear the season will take place , 400mn from broadcasting rights is a fair motivation , without it the league would be screwed so quit the nonsense the season will be abandoned

We would be the largest crowd pulling team to an empty stadium?

No, everyone is once you get to that stage, even Norf :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that the AFL has announced that the fixture will be slashed to 17 games, what do you think the fixture will look like? Gill McLachlan has advised that the first 4 rounds are locked as it is, but any of the others can be changed.

A possibility could be:

Round 1: Carlton
Round 2: Collingwood
Round 3: St Kilda (Marvel)
Round 4: Adelaide (MCG)
Round 5: West Coast (OS)
Round 6: Melbourne (MCG)
Round 7: GWS (MCG)
Round 8: Brisbane (Gabba)
Round 9: Geelong (MCG)
Round 10: Essendon (MCG)
Round 11: Sydney (MCG)
Round 12: North Melbourne (MCG)
Round 13: Port Adelaide (Marvel)
Round 14: Gold Coast (Metricon)
Round 15: Western Bulldogs (MCG)
Round 16: Hawthorn (MCG)
Round 17: Fremantle (OS)

Melts will probably be too much with the amount of Melbourne games, so they could possibly go:

Round 1: Carlton (MCG)
Round 2: Collingwood (MCG)
Round 3: St Kilda (Marvel)
Round 4: Adelaide (MCG)
Round 5: West Coast (OS)
Round 6: Melbourne (MCG)
Round 7: Brisbane (Gabba)
Round 8: Geelong (MCG)
Round 9: Essendon (MCG)
Round 10: Sydney (MCG)
Round 11: North Melbourne (MCG)
Round 12: GWS (GIANTS Stadium)
Round 13: Port Adelaide (Marvel)
Round 14: Gold Coast (Metricon)
Round 15: Western Bulldogs (MCG)
Round 16: Hawthorn (MCG)
Round 17: Fremantle (OS)

The second fixture leaves us with 10 MCG games, 2 Marvel games and 5 interstate games. I don't envy the person that needs to do this, but what do you guys think?

If we are playing without crowds, why are we not playing at Punt Road?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back