List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Australian under 19 cricket captain, surname McKenna, has given up cricket and has nominated for the draft.

Will join Calder Cannons next years as a 19 y.o. if not picked up this year. Thoughts are he probably needs another year in the system.

Anyone know anything about him?

Rookie? Any info on how he was in U16/U17?

Guys, have been away for awhile, and keeping up with this thread is near impossible. Can anyone give me a quick list of the players in contention for picks 21/22, who we're supposedly keen on? Who's the dream slider ala Acres?

And can we lock in CP yet?

the top 5 looks to almost be locked now:
Petracca
Brayshaw
McCartin
Pickett
Laverde

it seems GWS 6&7 picks are changing by the day, which affects everything else further down, which gets even more merkier towards freo and adelaise picks and then carlton and essendons before ours

today 6&7 were ahern and goddard. which i find a bit amusing that all of wright, lever and durdin are passed on

Far out I think im joining the Barrels side of the force, because I am excited (Big Kev style) at the prospect of a 197cm man mountain at full forward barging through a pack of 4 players taking a huge pack mark and kicking a goal.

Or even better crushing Ryan Crowley and spilling the ball to Minchington who deadeye's his 5th...

Far out we NEED to be good again soon.

Far out I think im joining the Barrels side of the force, because I am excited (Big Kev style) at the prospect of a 197cm man mountain at full forward barging through a pack of 4 players taking a huge pack mark and kicking a goal.

Or even better crushing Ryan Crowley and spilling the ball to Minchington who deadeye's his 5th...

Yeah. Plenty to get excited about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's getting crowded on the 'wagon...

Awesome. Came on here expecting to hear about any news on our potential draft picks
and all I´m reading is a shit fight about some Carlton superstar, clearance monster with a disgusting name
for Saints fans. Any interesting developments regarding who we might grab at 21,22 ?
Lots of hype about ANB but would it be a disasterous idea to grab both R McKenzie & O McDonald at these picks.
Locking down both our future FF & CHB spots if they both were to deliver the goods ?

Awesome. Came on here expecting to hear about any news on our potential draft picks
and all I´m reading is a shit fight about some Carlton superstar, clearance monster with a disgusting name
for Saints fans. Any interesting developments regarding who we might grab at 21,22 ?
Lots of hype about ANB but would it be a disasterous idea to grab both R McKenzie & O McDonald at these picks.
Locking down both our future FF & CHB spots if they both were to deliver the goods ?

All supposition of course but there was some bloke on with Finey and Brett Anderson on SEN tonight who is into the draft (cant remember his name).

Question was asked about 21 and 22. He thought that after Petracca that McKenzie would be a good fit for a tall and that there would be three or four mid sliders that we might chose from.

So unc's boy is gaining some momentum

All supposition of course but there was some bloke on with Finey and Brett Anderson on SEN tonight who is into the draft (cant remember his name).

Question was asked about 21 and 22. He thought that after Petracca that McKenzie would be a good fit for a tall and that there would be three or four mid sliders that we might chose from.

So unc's boy is gaining some momentum

Did he say that he'd be a good fit or that we were interested? The whole McKenzie at 21/22 thing seems like it could easily come from the fact that people see us really needing a key forward and put 2+2 together instead of the club being interested in him.

Draft night is going to be super interesting. Hell, even the build up will be interesting when people like Quayle etc release their phantoms and we start getting a more solid idea of who might slide to our picks.

Did he say that he'd be a good fit or that we were interested? The whole McKenzie at 21/22 thing seems like it could easily come from the fact that people see us really needing a key forward and put 2+2 together instead of the club being interested in him.

Draft night is going to be super interesting. Hell, even the build up will be interesting when people like Quayle etc release their phantoms and we start getting a more solid idea of who might slide to our picks.

Didn't hear we were interested, just him surmising.

Actually haven't heard a peep from the club about McKenzie. Emma Qualye and this bloke on SEN said he could go top twenty or not get drafted at all.

Seems to be a bit polarising. Qualye said the club that like him REALLY like him, will others dont rate him at all, really dont know where we stand on him.

As you say, this time next week all will be revealed

Does anyone know if we are one of the clubs that REALLY, REALLY like him ?
I´m only going on the highlights I´ve seen but he looks to have sticky hands and is a strong pack mark.
Would love a cross between Stewart Loewe and Gehrig. If the saints are hellbent in recruiting and developing players with excellent foot skills and those who can set up play like Billings then the sort of player like Big McKenzie would suit us in attack to kick to. How is the defensive side of his game ?
If he´s got quick pace from a standing start he could be a scary scary dude for opposition defenders trying to get out of trouble.

He's not working on a cure for AIDS anymore, he figured that disease out, now working on a cure for elephantitis but may struggle as I believe he will win the state election next week.

In regards to McKenzie, I could see us taking him at 22 if he's still there if we take CP. I'm also happy with two sliders who we could jag, there will definitely be draft day suprises.
Pick 41 will be interesting also, would love Touk to slide to us, or a Vickers-Willis. This is where recruiters earn their dough, the first pick is a no brainer whoever it ends up being.

Didn't hear we were interested, just him surmising.

Actually haven't heard a peep from the club about McKenzie. Emma Qualye and this bloke on SEN said he could go top twenty or not get drafted at all.

Seems to be a bit polarising. Qualye said the club that like him REALLY like him, will others dont rate him at all, really dont know where we stand on him.

As you say, this time next week all will be revealed

To be honest, I am getting pretty over comments such as this from "draft experts" like Quayle. They love love love to make the big calls. Throw enough out there and eventually you will get something correct.

There are at least 10+ clubs that need a power forward. To suggest that nobody outside of 1 club would even throw a 5th rounder at him, is quite simply idiotic.

What does she base her opinion on? Qualye calls club "You interested in McKenzie"? Club replies "We don't rate him". Qualye starts spruiking nobody wants McKenzie. Now does anybody really believe that clubs would honestly release an honest statement about who they want to draft to Emma Qualye? The very concept is laughable.

How each club rates each player in the draft is essentially their "Pelican file". So many of these leaks are just clubs making stuff up to mess with other clubs and mask who they really want.

I have nothing against Emma Qualye, just place zero value on comments like these. If every club is indicating they have no interest in McKenzie, I would suggest it is more likely that there are a truckload of interested parties who are hoping he slides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back